IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16125

Big news today on the supreme courts abolishing the sports protection act

I was wondering what difference this will make to the markets i.e will there be an out pouring of square money into the markets at some point, making it easier to win?

Just how difficult is it to bet in America at the moment anyway? Most on here are American, and bet anyway!

IBetYou

I got an email from DraftKings today, basically saying they can't wait to offer me sports bets. I only have a half dozen bookmaker shops in my area (UK) and a couple dozen online betting accounts so it's nice to have another option

You Americans must be ecstatic!

IBetYou

Anyone have an opinion on this?

jpot34
    jpot34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 373

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    Anyone have an opinion on this?

As you probably know, it's illegal in all States but a few. If you aren't from one of those States you have to travel, or sneak around by betting on-line with one of the off-shores. You either pay the taxes, or don't and hope the IRS doesn't sniff you out. I pay cause it's not worth wondering. I think there will be more square money coming in at these new shops. Most people who take this business serious have found a way, and are already participating.

IBetYou

I'd like to know the stats re action for Vegas, Euro bookies, American off-shore bookies respectively, regarding the NBA.

I've always wondered about this.. most Europeans bet on Euro basketball or footy, and so if most Americans couldn't be bothered under the prior law then the NBA betting is relatively - tragically - small business.

The people that take it serious are definitely already betting, leaving the people that just want to bet for a thrill as he incoming money. It can only make it easier...

IBetYou

Similar deal in poker a few years back. When the US pulled out you knew for sure that the pro players would find a way to stick around, and so you'd get the worst of both worlds: fewer fish and the same number of sharks.