chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

buddy go on watch some video's of big o. Back when he played guards didn't go in the lane because the big guys would lambeir sp you.He was a 6'5 guard that was thick. Back then they didn't give guys rebounds like they do harden or westbrook. Also there were only like12 teams so the scrubs back then would be better players today.Those guys could shoot the ball from mid range. Also they didn't allow dunking because of jabbar.

chico2663

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    buddy go on watch some video's of big o. Back when he played guards didn't go in the lane because the big guys would lambeir sp you.He was a 6'5 guard that was thick. Back then they didn't give guys rebounds like they do harden or westbrook. Also there were only like12 teams so the scrubs back then would be better players today.Those guys could shoot the ball from mid range. Also they didn't allow dunking because of jabbar.
    They also didn't have 3 point shots, crossovers and everyone on the court was Irish and 5 foot 8

Comparing eras is foolish and moot

Kareem was simply saying that on an attempt to bolster his own ego

chico2663

wilt said under todays rules he would average 70 points a game. said if jordan came down the middle he would be crushed . Said that jerry west and oscar were better scorers.

chico2663

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    They also didn't have 3 point shots, crossovers and everyone on the court was Irish and 5 foot 8

Comparing eras is foolish and moot

Kareem was simply saying that on an attempt to bolster his own ego
    yes which would make oscar and jerry west even better

chico2663

shadymcgrady

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    yes which would make oscar and jerry west even better
    Debatable

Players were built differently back then, stronger but far less agile than today

I've always said comparing eras is foolish, you can only view players in their respective environments

The only thing I take away from the past is that George mikan was the best on his day and that wilt was the greatest athlete in basketball

Oscar Robertson was amazing as well as west. If big o was as good as kareem said he was then why did that blowhard leave him right after they won a title?

Kareem is full of sht and always has been. As great of a scorer he was with the sky hook his defense was nearly as atrocious. I see him more as a brett favre or Nolan Ryan than I do a Joe Montana or babe Ruth

chico2663

because he got traded. there was no free agency back then.

shadymcgrady

The players back then as a whole were awkward and not basketball savvy.

Basketball was a relatively new sport with little in the way of improving shooting and dribbling fundamentals

The wnba players today probably have better handle and court awareness than most of the players back then

It was a different game but wilts athletic gap was timeless and undeniable

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    The players back then as a whole were awkward and not basketball savvy.

Basketball was a relatively new sport with little in the way of improving shooting and dribbling fundamentals

The wnba players today probably have better handle and court awareness than most of the players back then

It was a different game but wilts athletic gap was timeless and undeniable
    We will never know how players from different eras would compare. Good, fun discussion, but fruitless.

My strong belief is that the TOP players from the early eras could play with the TOP players from any era.
    All training, nutrition, travel and support being equal , I would take a team comprised of 80s/90s guys over a current make up.
    They were simply tougher. The AAU culture turns out more entitled pussies/frontrunners than hungry, well rounded players.

I get the analytics, but passing on an open lay-up to a guy hanging on the 3 point line in the middle of a game sucks.
    Not having guys like Hakeem shaking baking guys in a blender sucks.
    Clothes lining a dude going for an open lay up in a playoff game, AND not getting ejected is something I miss.

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

Quote Originally Posted by DOM-Ganador View Post
    We will never know how players from different eras would compare. Good, fun discussion, but fruitless.

My strong belief is that the TOP players from the early eras could play with the TOP players from any era.
    All training, nutrition, travel and support being equal , I would take a team comprised of 80s/90s guys over a current make up.
    They were simply tougher. The AAU culture turns out more entitled pussies/frontrunners than hungry, well rounded players.

I get the analytics, but passing on an open lay-up to a guy hanging on the 3 point line in the middle of a game sucks.
    Clothes lining a dude going for an open lay up in a playoff game, AND not getting ejected is something I miss.
    Competition went to the wayside and now it is all about building a brand to these bums.

italianbandit
    italianbandit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2767

The Cavs organization f..... up. They should have kept Irving and added players. They would have made another 3-5 finals.

Balco10
    Balco10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

Will LeBrick go down as the most overrated player in history?

Balco10
    Balco10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 204

[QUOTE=italianbandit;27781140]The Cavs organization f..... up. They should have kept Irving and added players. They would have made another 3-5 finals.
    Seriously? He didn’t want to play for coach LeBrick.

A4K
    A4K's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

Quote Originally Posted by italianbandit View Post
    The Cavs organization f..... up. They should have kept Irving and added players. They would have made another 3-5 finals.
    LeBron is smarter than everyone else, Kyrie had to go.

italianbandit
    italianbandit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2767

When I say Cav’s organization I include LeBron James.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3435

Quote Originally Posted by DOM-Ganador View Post

Passing on open layups drives me nuts,more interested about showing off then just getting the job done.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11802

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    Passing on open layups drives me nuts,more interested about showing off then just getting the job done.
    Warriors pass on open layups for 3's more then any other team in the league probably.. It works for them most of the time..

shadymcgrady

The game is different today for better or worse. Hollinger was one of the pioneers of using statistical analytics in evaluating the game

For a team like dub nation or the Rockets, an open 3 is a better shot overtime than a layups crazy as that sounds and for many teams depending on the player that's shooting

All of us that played varsity, AAU and collegiate sports back in the day can attest to the open layup as the end game that was ingrained in our heads but things are constantly changing

Take a look at nutrition and health Science for example. The food pyramid was the bible 20 yrs ago now it's deemed incorrect and even inverted by some medical experts. Why should sports be any different?

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11041

cavs shot 36% from the floor which included 4/26 from three

celtics shot 51% from the floor

game two should look RADICALLY different. i am not saying the cavs will win it, i just think it will look way different

i am in a playoff pool and i picked CAVS in 7, to win the series in Boston, so i expected a close, tough fought series.

i'm still laughing at (i mean with) folks who picked Cavs to dominate this series

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3435

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Warriors pass on open layups for 3's more then any other team in the league probably.. It works for them most of the time..

Yeah but their good enough they can cover up that sort of selfishness alot of the time,most Teams can't afford to be that selfish,they aren't good enough.

keely85
    Update your status
    keely85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 104

Guys, what is everyone's favorite nickname? Mine is Lebum, i hadn't heard Lebrick before that's good too.

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Quote Originally Posted by ikid2groove415 View Post
    Let’s not forget pacers also blew out the Cavs In a few games - they were extremely lucky to get by Indiana - I did say this was going be a 6-7 Games series-Boston can't be trusted on the ROAD
    It goes 7 - Boston is 1/2 the team- they are on the road
    Boston was the only team in the league this season to have a better road record (28-13) than home record (27-14). Boston had by far the best road record in the Eastern Conference this season. Only Hou & GSt had better road records in the west.
    In the playoffs so far they split with Philly & lost all 3 vs Mil with one of those on a tip in at the buzzer by Giannis.
    Not exactly sure how much more trust you're looking for??

Teams over .500 on road this season:
    Hou 31-10
    GSt 29-12
    Bos 28-13

Tor 25-16
    NO 24-17
    Phi 22-19
    Por 21-20
    OKC 21-20
    Cle 21-20
    Ind 21-20

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

^This is post reason not season..........

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Quote Originally Posted by upscope View Post
    Boston was the only team in the league this season to have a better road record (28-13) than home record (27-14). Boston had by far the best road record in the Eastern Conference this season. Only Hou & GSt had better road records in the west.
    In the playoffs so far they split with Philly & lost all 3 vs Mil with one of those on a tip in at the buzzer by Giannis.

Hou 31-10
    GSt 29-12
    Bos 28-13

Tor 25-16
    NO 24-17
    Phi 22-19
    Por 21-20
    OKC 21-20
    Cle 21-20
    Ind 21-20

they havent looked good in playoffs on road though, theyve been down big and had to come back, totally different on the road than at home, also kyrie was in most of those games in reg season. if they happen to win in cleveland itll be because cleveland won game 2 more than likely otherwise no reason to think theyre gonna win there.

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

Quote Originally Posted by upscope View Post

Hou 31-10
    GSt 29-12
    Bos 28-13

Tor 25-16
    NO 24-17
    Phi 22-19
    Por 21-20
    OKC 21-20
    Cle 21-20
    Ind 21-20

How dumb are you? I’m talking about the playoffs

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11802

I never thought the Celtics would even make a dent in the post season without the services of Kyrie Irving.. This Celtic team is proving me wrong in a BIG WAY.. Others a well..

Most people including myself didn't even think they would get past Philly... Celtics are legit... Might even be a better team without Kyrie Irving now.. Others stepped up and the team is gelling now...

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

How dumb are you? I’m talking about the playoffs
    Has poor is your reading comprehension?? The post season was touched on if you're capable of reading. they split vs Philly & one of their losses to Mil was a Giannis buzzer beater.

play4win
    play4win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5173

cavs swept 1 seed toronto so what the hell.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

If Boston wins tonight it’s all over LeBron

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3780

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    If Boston wins tonight it’s all over LeBron
    and if Cavs win tonight they win series.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I can’t see Cleveland winning tonight Boston looks a little too good and too rough for LeBron

Philmill
    Philmill's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28607

Cavs are not going to shute 36% field goals and 15% 3 pointers again....Lebron gets it going tonight..his the king ...RIGHT
    Last edited by Philmill; 05-15-18 at 09:55 AM.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11041

thechaoz
    2019 SBRs Toughest Poster
    thechaoz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35902

Ummmmmm...get your popcorn

First 1234 Last