rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Didnt Smart Travel on the Last Play?

NBA replay is a joke they only review stuff that is called but cant review missed calls.

He catches the ball and takes 3 quick choppy steps so it should be side out Philly with about 1.9 seconds left.

MickeyMan
    MickeyMan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14295

Send a replay to your book Im sure they will be happy to refund your bet and send you a box of Kleenex to wipe up your tears.
    Points Awarded:

sourtwist gave MickeyMan 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Seto gave MickeyMan 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 181

That is one play. If you haven't noticed there is a carry, double dribble, or a travel on every play in the NBA anymore. Refs would be at the monitor for 7 hours a night trying to keep up.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

They don’t usually call it

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Nba is the biggest joke, the ref association is reviewed and evaluated in house and not by a neutral party

I was literally laughing out loud yrs ago when they tried to mimic the nfl an attempt at transparency with a head ref association to explain calls

Only it wasn't a neutral party and ronnie nunn was the greasiest looking slime ball that always applauded the ref calls and never even viewed the obvious miss calls
    Last edited by shadymcgrady; 05-10-18 at 02:41 PM.

ans61201
    ans61201's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4181

All replay in sports should be gone away with. Every sports replay is slow, takes up way too much time and has idiotic rules to go by. The value it brings does not outweigh the time it currently takes. Sports would be better without review. Only one who has it right is tennis

badgerguy
    badgerguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 536

That’s the exact first thing that came to my mind to is that’s s blatant travel

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

theyre never gonna call something like that especially at the end of the game...unless it was Philly who did it.

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

Another REF/Conspiracy thread. Jesus. STFU or stop gambling.

As a fan or bettor of a certain team, we all see calls in every single game we think screws our team.
    EVERY SINGLE GAME EVER PLAYED. Little league on up.

Both sides have this perspective depending on which team you have/root for. Get it?
    Stop wasting time and threads on this shit.

shadymcgrady

I believe the corruption of true competition in pro sports has been existing since before my time and long after it, nothing new

What is startling is the lack of subtlety at times but almost all of the arguments brought forth here are not even close to compelling

For example, the last play on a nationally televised game?

If refs fix a game it's done in quarters 1-3 and they are momentum killers that involve making stars or impact players uncomfortable or calling 50 fouls early to make the game soar over the total and vice versa.

By the time the last 2 min roll around, it's alrdy a wrap

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13317

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    theyre never gonna call something like that especially at the end of the game...unless it was Philly who did it.
    No foul call on Baynes? He clearly fouled Embiid under the rim with just a couple seconds left. It was even noticeable from the overhead angle before the replay.

The also missed a travel on Horford I think it was game 2 or 3, it was like under a minute or 2 left, the guy caught the ball, tried to get the first step but picked up his pivot foot. smh they call that shit all the time

DOM-Ganador

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    I believe the corruption of true competition in pro sports has been existing since before my time and long after it, nothing new

What is startling is the lack of subtlety at times but almost all of the arguments brought forth here are not even close to compelling

For example, the last play on a nationally televised game?

If refs fix a game it's done in quarters 1-3 and they are momentum killers that involve making stars or impact players uncomfortable or calling 50 fouls early to make the game soar over the total and vice versa.

By the time the last 2 min roll around, it's alrdy a wrap

Shades, I will respectfully disagree. Human error. Sure. Some ref "shading" for his team. Sure.
    But in this day and age, any ref/ player involved in a conspiracy to shave or cheat would certainly be impossible to hide.
    It would come out.

I love when dudes come out with the "WORD" came down from the Commish. How da fukk could that ever be kept a secret.
    Why would a person of influence and power rish his entire rep, income ?

DOM-Ganador

Quote Originally Posted by Git Lo View Post
    No foul call on Baynes? He clearly fouled Embiid under the rim with just a couple seconds left. It was even noticeable from the overhead angle before the replay.

The also missed a travel on Horford I think it was game 2 or 3, it was like under a minute or 2 left, the guy caught the ball, tried to get the first step but picked up his pivot foot. smh they call that shit all the time

YUP.From your perspective, refs didn`t miss or blow any calls for the team you were rooting for over a 5 game series?

Watch the Embid play last few minutes when he ended up @ the line. Travel, check. Bulldoze through a player. Check.
    They definitely let them play towards the end. Which I like.

shadymcgrady

Quote Originally Posted by DOM-Ganador View Post
    Shades, I will respectfully disagree. Human error. Sure. Some ref "shading" for his team. Sure.
    But in this day and age, any ref/ player involved in a conspiracy to shave or cheat would certainly be impossible to hide.
    It would come out.

I love when dudes come out with the "WORD" came down from the Commish. How da fukk could that ever be kept a secret.
    Yes human error dom and much of it. I'm not saying every game is fixed but I think a few are though not for the purpose of covering spreads but rather to garner more interest and attention to the game

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Quote Originally Posted by DOM-Ganador View Post
    It would come out.

how do you figure, the world is draped in secrecy. truthfully there would be no other way that things are ran, youre always gonna have it. not saying this is going on in the nba, but its simply called hierarchy thats how you keep a secret besides we just had a ref a decade ago involved in shadiness.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21629

Yes absolutely. And almost immediately after he caught. Philly should have had it side out with about 1.4 seconds.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16097

Harden travels on EVERY step back three he takes. It’s the NBA so there is no traveling

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

guys series over

move on

shadymcgrady

Harden does travel quite alot

He's the new lebron

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

No footage

No evidence

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by tony_come View Post
    No footage

No evidence
    yeah op lets see the footage

rm18
    Update your status

What really sucks is the rule you can only review if their is a whistle. They review 2 calls that were super obvious and that gives Stevens a free timeout. Then the one missed call no review.

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2018/05/1...yoffs/?src=rss

There is a clip in the middle of this page, the travel at the end of the 37 sec clip.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO

wow that is a travel.. Thats crazy because you never see a guy catch the ball like that because its so blatant lol

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6201

That was one of the worst blown calls i have ever seen

slayer14
    slayer14's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6201

rm18
    Update your status

I didnt even realize he took an extra step to throw the ball. But it should be a lot more than 1.1 seconds because he had already traveled after the 3rd step.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21629

I posted about it right after it happened. It was so obvious and blatant. Crazy thing is nobody was even near him, all he had to do was bat the ball away.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    I posted about it right after it happened. It was so obvious and blatant. Crazy thing is nobody was even near him, all he had to do was bat the ball away.
    Where is my 100 points? Sixers are out?
    Points Awarded:

d2bets gave lakerboy 100 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    he probably didnt expect to catch it kind of why he threw the ball away too