LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Meh. awards are not worth getting all worked up about anyway.

(Except for the ones you bet on. )

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Got it. So you're like Mr. Drummond.

I don't remember, was Mr. Drummond married or was he gay? I do know that two of the kids are now deceased (Garry Coleman and Donna Plato).
    Last edited by LT Profits; 05-09-18 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Corrected quoted post

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

I bet Casey would trade this award in a heartbeat to still be playing, it only means something to his trophy case and perhaps at the negotiating table.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    I don't remember, was Mr. Drummond married or was he gay? I do know that two of the kids are now deceased (Garry Coleman and Donna Plato).
    He was single, definitely not gay. He adopted Arnold and Willis.

Yeah, practically everyone is dead from that cast, except for Todd Bridges. And he's the one that you would've expected bad things for.

LT Profits

Yeah, practically everyone is dead from that cast, except for Todd Bridges. And he's the one that you would've expected bad things for.
    OK so similar except that I am married and all three kids are siblings by birth.

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

Canadians probly rigg the votes

ikid2groove415

I have no tides to Boston - a GSW fan but brad Stevens is definitely best coach in the NBA

olamide
    olamide's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2571

Most overrated coach has to be.........
    Steve Kerr

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by olamide View Post
    Most overrated coach has to be.........
    Steve Kerr
    i think he's overrated too but think he's a really good coach still since even with star players you can clearly see his imprint on the warriors from the system they run on offense and defense. but nobody dares say anything negative about him or the fact that he blew a 3-1 lead in the finals starting with game 5 on his home court, no credit given to lue.

ikid2groove415

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    i think he's overrated too but think he's a really good coach still since even with star players you can clearly see his imprint on the warriors from the system they run on offense and defense. but nobody dares say anything negative about him or the fact that he blew a 3-1 lead in the finals starting with game 5 on his home court, no credit given to lue.
    Well mark Jackson had curry/klay for a few years and couldn’t get it done - the offense explode after kerr took over with all the ball movement

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by ikid2groove415 View Post
    Well mark Jackson had curry/klay for a few years and couldn’t get it done - the offense explode after kerr took over with all the ball movement
    I referred to that in saying you can clearly see his imprint on the team from his system. Overrated doesnt mean the thing talked about his good or great it just means the praise attached is still greater than it should be. I think Kerr is a marvelous coach, but will prob never know how good until he has a lesser team. With Durant on the team now, theyed have to break their own record of 73 wins for him to ever be considered for the award again.

ikid2groove415

I referred to that in saying you can clearly see his imprint on the team from his system. Overrated doesnt mean the thing talked about his good or great it just means the praise attached is still greater than it should be. I think Kerr is a marvelous coach, but will prob never know how good until he has a lesser team. With Durant on the team now, theyed have to break their own record of 73 wins for him to ever be considered for the award again.
    Well Kerr is never going get a fair judgement - but if he wasn’t GSW coach - they might be a heavy ISO team -

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11041

Those are my kids. Oldest is 19 and just moved in with his girlfriend. Time fukkin flies.

handsome chaps. blessings to you and the whole fam, LT

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

How did Bridges outlast all the others?

Unreal.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16125

Masai Ujiri said he will evaluate the coaching staff in the off-season, which is GM speak for it's not my fault we keep disappointing in the playoffs. Realistically the GM deserves most of the credit when things go well, and the blame when things don't.

Lots of people on this forum say Stevens is the best coach ...well I'd say Ainge is the best GM.

ikid2groove415

Ainge is amazing - Stevens also came close to winning it all at butler - no doubt best coach in the NBA

olamide
    olamide's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2571

He's good tbh but I'm surprised he wasn't criticized enough for blowing that 3-1 lead.
    Luke Walton did very much okay with the warriors

jtoler

He's good tbh but I'm surprised he wasn't criticized enough for blowing that 3-1 lead.
    That is true and even though Walton went 39-4 because he was the interim coach technically none of it counts in his favor and the record is rolled over to Kerr. Horrible rule that needs to be changed. Dubs didnt miss a beat.
    Last edited by jtoler; 05-10-18 at 12:26 PM.

Art Vandelay
    Corona on St. Pats... WTF!
    Art Vandelay's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 57693

Regular Season = LOL

homie1975

colin cowherd said it best. none of the old school coaches wanted to give "boy wonder" too much credit because they are afraid owners will go looking for the next brad stevens and it will run the old school guys out

homie1975

that's because draymond green's suspension got all of the attention because it changed the complexion of the series from that point on.

lebron and kyrie played so well from games 5-7 especially game 7 in oakland, that not even red auerbach, pat riled, popovich, phil jackson, NO ONE, could have coached well enough to beat them.

i cannot stand GS, but it was draymond that fukked them, not Steve Kerr

ikid2groove415

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    colin cowherd said it best. none of the old school coaches wanted to give "boy wonder" too much credit because they are afraid owners will go looking for the next brad stevens and it will run the old school guys out
    That’s because they know Stevens is better then them -
    Points Awarded:

homie1975 gave ikid2groove415 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

This award is as meaningful as the coach's poll the NCAAF used to do every week. Most likely a majority of coaches had their media person fill out the nomination for them. Stevens doesn't care about the awards. He wants rings and the Celtics will show his bank account plenty of love.

How in the hell Doc Rivers got a vote is insane. Big whoop, he contended for a playoff spot with a shit team.

Stevens, Pop and Kerr are the 3 best coaches. I can see Kerr getting out of the NBA in the next season or two and returning to Tucson to clean up Sean Miller's mess.

darrell74
    darrell74's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19428

Utah Jazz Quin Snyder got snubbed
    Snyder forced a team doomed for the cellar, into the second round

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13317

Quote Originally Posted by darrell74 View Post
    Utah Jazz Quin Snyder got snubbed
    Snyder forced a team doomed for the cellar, into the second round
    imo he deserves the award but so does dantoni and raptors coach, obviously stevens deserves at least a vote but whatever. Doc rivers actually had a good year he had his team out there competing the whole year

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

This is NOT the official Coach of the Year Award, this is a separate award voted on by NBA coaches. The official award is voted on by the media and has not yet been announced.
    This is why the media votes. Any vote by players or coaches is a joke.

These coaches are JEALOUS of him, and afraid of losing their jobs because owners will seek the "next" brad stevens over some re-tread

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9752

wife casey casey

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15111

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    I thought it was voting from fellow coaches?
    Maybe the Raps will fire him now.

darrell74

Meh. awards are not worth getting all worked up about anyway.

(Except for the ones you bet on. )
    Betting gospel

darrell74

Quote Originally Posted by Git Lo View Post
    imo he deserves the award but so does dantoni and raptors coach, obviously stevens deserves at least a vote but whatever. Doc rivers actually had a good year he had his team out there competing the whole year

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by Git Lo View Post
    Yep, every year there are coaches you could make a case for the award.

LT Profits

Right on cue, Raptors have FIRED Casey!

First 12