lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7624

Jordan vs Lebron

MJ vs LeBron
    This is a silly debate. Clearly Michael is better. It's not even a close one. But let's go to the facts. Updated after Lebrons 14th season. Michael Jordan has
    •3 more rings
    •3 more final mvps
    •1 more DPOY
    •1 more season MVP
    •9 more scoring titles
    •3 more steals leader
    •3 more all defensive team selections
    •4000 more points / bron moved past him in playoff points, but it took him longer lol.
    •800 more steals
    •Beat 20 50+ win teams in the playoffs (Lebron only defeated 10)
    •Jordan never averaged less than 40% Field Goal in the finals
    Lebron did it twice
    •6/6 (never allowed a game 7)
    •Lebron had much more help
    •Jordan never had a teammate averaged more than 22 points in the finals..
    Kyrie averaged over 28 and DWade averaged more than 26
    •MJ never ever had a finals meltdown like Lebron in 2011 against the Mavs
    •MJ had more points in the playoffs in less games..
    All of this accomplished in 13 seasons
    Lebron is in his 14th season still chasing the "ghost that played in Chicago"
    •Michael Jordan in the playoffs has put up atleast 40ppg, 5rpg, 5apg in 6 different playoff series. Along with an average of about 55% shooting, 3spg and 2bpg.
    (86 vs bos, 89 vs cavs, 90 vs philly, 92 vs Miami, 93 vs Phoenix, 88 vs cavs) Jordan won every one of those matchups except for the 1986 matchup vs the celtics.
    •Jordan in 88-89 averaged 32ppg, 8apg, 8rpg, 3spg off 54% shooting. LeBron has never even came close to this stat line.
    •in 87 thru 92, MJ averaged 5 straight seasons of atleast 51% FG shooting. LeBron has never done this.
    •the lowest FT% MJ ever shot in a season was 78%. Lebrons highest in a season ever is 78%.
    •MJ has a higher playoff FG% of 48.7% to Lebrons 48.3%
    •MJ has a higher playoff player efficiency rating of 28.6 to Lebrons 27.3.
    •MJ shoots a higher playoff 3 point percentage of 33.2% to Lebrons 32.9%

•MJ also shocked the league by being the first (and only) player to have 100 blocks and 200 steals in the same season, then turned around and did it again the next year..

Seriously this list can keep going. This isn't even a debate. Mj is the GOAT.

Michael in only ELEVEN complete seasons with the Bulls:

-10 STRAIGHT scoring titles,
    -Won Defensive Player of the Year,
    -9 times all defensive team,
    -9time All NBA,
    -5 league MVPs
    -6 finals MVPs

LBJ missed the playoffs completely in his first 2 years. Jordan didnt with scrubs on his squad. Jordan played 82 games 9 times in his career once at 40. LBJ only played 82 games once. In 89 Jordan won the scoring title all star MVP slam dunk title regular season MVP and Defensive Player of The year something LBJ has never done. Jordan also averaged 41 pts a game for an entire Finals shootimg 50% and won. Something else LBJ never did.
    All 11 seasons. Mj has done in 11 seasons things Lebron hasn’t done and won’t do in his whole career...

Check Mate.

djpremier36
    djpremier36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3398

Numbers aside...Jordan never left Chicago after losing to Detroit annually. James left Cleveland after losing to Boston...

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jordan vs Lebron

What name shall never be used again in the same sentence as LeBron,
    for $1000 Alex............

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

LeBron is the more complete player. If you don’t agree you’re grasping on to the past. That doesn’t take away from Jordan’s greatness.

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

This men really hates Lebron

ikid2groove415

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    LeBron is the more complete player. If you don’t agree you’re grasping on to the past. That doesn’t take away from Jordan’s greatness.
    You mean a guy that can’t shoot for most of his career? Oh and can’t shoot free throws

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13110

So, Who's' your favorite????

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by ikid2groove415 View Post
    You mean a guy that can’t shoot for most of his career? Oh and can’t shoot free throws
    Lol. I’ve always been critical of LeBron as a jump shooter but he’s improved over the course of his career. To say he “can’t shoot” is blind hate. LeBron is the best passer probably in the history of the game. In his prime he was the best defender. And he has always been a top 2 or 3 scorer.

ikid2groove415

Only 2 killer assassins I saw in my lifetime that MJ and Kobe - Lebron lacks that killer instinct - case close morons

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

James is superior to all meaning all around player

Nobody close

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by djpremier36 View Post
    Numbers aside...Jordan never left Chicago after losing to Detroit annually. James left Cleveland after losing to Boston...
    That's because NBA slavery wasn't abolished yet............

Surprised you didn't know this............

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

James will have all the records when it is all said and done

Guy not human

PAULYPOKER

Could you imagine him on Flakka?

t-wizzle

Only 2 killer assassins I saw in my lifetime that MJ and Kobe - Lebron lacks that killer instinct - case close morons
    This is such a tired, wrong narrative.

ikid2groove415

Only negative thing about mike and Kobe was they were ball hog iso players - where Lebron looks to pass first and make his teammates better

ikid2groove415

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    James will have all the records when it is all said and done

Guy not human
    Maybe he catches jerry west for finals losts

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15111

Just what we need another Jordan vs. LeBron thread.
    Thanks LB.

Yankfan4life2
    Update your status
    Yankfan4life2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5374

You must've missed those game winners he's hit these playoffs....lol and btw lebron has hit more game winners than kobe and jordan.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21617

Lebron isn't there yet, but I'll concede that he could still get there before it's all said and done.

BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money
    BigBusiness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    James is superior to all meaning all around player

Nobody close

TeddyB
    TeddyB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 923

Dead on!

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14308

Jordan

Thread Closed!

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8987

Only negative thing about mike and Kobe was they were ball hog iso players - where Lebron looks to pass first and make his teammates better
    I like to hate on Jordan....but he would actually pass to open teammates in the finals seconds. Kobe on the other hand..

Bostongambler

Jordan

Thread Closed!!!

TeddyB
    TeddyB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 923

I don't know, I'd take Kobe over Lebron till the day I die. Never evaluated Jordan like that, I was a fan. But from what I hear, he was the best.

I will give Lebron some credit. He never showed it throughout his whole career yet, he could be the best but he doesn't drive to the rim and spin move layup every time. He has showed glimpse of it with the other night's winner and the Indiana shot. He's got to win it all this year to even put him in this conversation. But he is showing glimpse of the killer instinct. Just might think it is too late in his career.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8987

Duncan > Kobe

PAULYPOKER

> Kobe

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7624

Lol Kobe not in this convo

Bostongambler

Jordan

Thread Closed!!!

ikid2groove415

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Lol Kobe not in this convo
    Lebron wish he had Kobe offensive arsenal and mamba mentality

Eddy Munny
    Eddy Munny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24890

Lebron is a better basketball player than Jordan. The original post is an exercise in spin, largely just a collection of cherry-picked stats, many of which are splitting hairs or flat out redundant.

One of the biggest myths is that Lebron's teams were more talented than Jordan's. That simply isn't true. Jordan was never rostered with another prolific scorer because Jordan couldn't coexist with that type of player, whereas Lebron's game is more fluid and adaptable, therefore able to accommodate a myriad of different role players, including guys like Kyrie who can score in bunches.

Building a championship roster is like piecing together a puzzle, not just simply lumping a bunch of guys with impressive PPG averages together and then rolling the ball out. In Jordan's championship years, he always had the right pieces around him to compliment his particular style. That's what matters... Just because Chris Bosh, for instance, is a "name" guy doesn't mean Lebron should just auto pilot his way to multiple championships. How does one particular piece round out the entire picture?

Jordan always had Pippen during his title runs and that cannot be taken for granted. Pippen was a very capable scorer, an All-Galaxy defender, and just a great all around asset for any team. You really can't even quantify Pippen's value on defense... I mean isn't two points stopped on a defensive possession just as valuable as two points scored on offense, or a rebound to secure possession in the first place? So while you marvel at Kyrie Irving's PPG exploits, you should also note that he was a massive liability on defense and not of much worth in general without the ball in his hands.

I mean I could go on for days, but I'd rather not. Jordan supporters just fall back on the fallible "rings" criteria over and over again, or the equally flawed "never lost in the Finals" assertion.

Bottom line is Lebron's versatility trumps Jordan's by a country mile and without his presence most of his teams are utter trash, including the present one.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PAULYPOKER, and The Giant

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Lebron wish he had Kobe offensive arsenal and mamba mentality
    What mentality is this? Lebron is more clutch and carries every team he is on to the finals, something Kobe couldn’t do

ikid2groove415

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    What mentality is this? Lebron is more clutch and carries every team he is on to the finals, something Kobe couldn’t do
    5 championships? Kobe didn’t need to run to another team

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by Eddy Munny View Post
    Lebron is a better basketball player than Jordan. The original post is an exercise in spin, largely just a collection of cherry-picked stats, many of which are splitting hairs or flat out redundant.

One of the biggest myths is that Lebron's teams were more talented than Jordan's. That simply isn't true. Jordan was never rostered with another prolific scorer because Jordan couldn't coexist with that type of player, whereas Lebron's game is more fluid and adaptable, therefore able to accommodate a myriad of different role players, including guys like Kyrie who can score in bunches.

Building a championship roster is like piecing together a puzzle, not just simply lumping a bunch of guys with impressive PPG averages together and then rolling the ball out. In Jordan's championship years, he always had the right pieces around him to compliment his particular style. That's what matters... Just because Chris Bosh, for instance, is a "name" guy doesn't mean Lebron should just auto pilot his way to multiple championships. How does one particular piece round out the entire picture?

Jordan always had Pippen during his title runs and that cannot be taken for granted. Pippen was a very capable scorer, an All-Galaxy defender, and just a great all around asset for any team. You really can't even quantify Pippen's value on defense... I mean isn't two points stopped on a defensive possession just as valuable as two points scored on offense, or a rebound to secure possession in the first place? So while you marvel at Kyrie Irving's PPG exploits, you should also note that he was a massive liability on defense and not of much worth in general without the ball in his hands.

I mean I could go on for days, but I'd rather not. Jordan supporters just fall back on the fallible "rings" criteria over and over again, or the equally flawed "never lost in the Finals" assertion.

Bottom line is Lebron's versatility trumps Jordan's by a country mile and without his presence most of his teams are utter trash, including the present one.
    Laying down the law again, I see........

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

5 championships? Kobe didn’t need to run to another team
    how did it go for him during the years shaq or pau were not on his team? Must be too young to remember that he actually did want to go to another team? His name doesn’t deserve to be even mentioned in this thread

123 Last