ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

Kobe was almost a Jordan clone - amazing how people keep saying Lebron is way better then Kobe? Yes i admit lebron is better- but not way better - Kobe was a fcking assassin- with killer instincts like MJ- something lebron does not have

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by ikid2groove415 View Post
    Kobe was almost a Jordan clone - amazing how people keep saying Lebron is way better then Kobe? Yes i admit lebron is better- but not way better - Kobe was a fcking assassin- with killer instincts like MJ- something lebron does not have
    Really dumb to even try to compare. Bron more like a super athletic version of magic than Jordan or Kobe. Bron much greater passer than either those 2 but as you said not the ice water in vein closer either those guys were.

I've never seen the point in trying to compare or decide who was greater. I just enjoy them all for what they are and what they brought to the game.

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Quote Originally Posted by ikid2groove415 View Post

I think what you're trying to say is LeBron is a better all-around player, but not a BETTER player than Kobe.

And you're right.

Said it many times.

Being a better all-round player doesn't make you greater.

If we were basing it on that, who puts up more pts, rebounds, and assists, then that would mean Russell Westbrook is BETTER than Jordan.

We all know that is absurd.

Same goes for the argument LeBron is greater than MJ.

Its just nonsense.

Like you said Kobe is the closest we've seen to Jordan.

Unstoppable for much of his career.

ikid2groove415

Quote Originally Posted by Hman View Post
    I think what you're trying to say is LeBron is a better all-around player, but not a BETTER player than Kobe.

And you're right.

Said it many times.

Being a better all-round player doesn't make you greater.

If we were basing it on that, who puts up more pts, rebounds, and assists, then that would mean Russell Westbrook is BETTER than Jordan.

We all know that is absurd.

Same goes for the argument LeBron is greater than MJ.

Its just nonsense.

Like you said Kobe is the closest we've seen to Jordan.

Unstoppable for much of his career.
    What sets lebron apart from Kobe and mj is he’s a pass first guy - lebron can see the court better then Jason Kidd - Lebron size is also unique- we never seen anyone that big with speed - also lebron can makes his teammates better - mike and Kobe was heavy iso players -

ikid2groove415

If you wanna point out weakness in players - lebron for most of his career was terrible shooter- his free throws was also flaw - Kobe and MJ in there prime have no weakness besides the heavy iso ball hogs

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Jordan was more athletic. People forget Jordan was voted the greatest athlete in the 20th century in all sports.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9183

Quote Originally Posted by Ghenghis Kahn View Post
    Jordan was more athletic. People forget Jordan was voted the greatest athlete in the 20th century in all sports.
    I don't think anyone born before 1975 can forget.

It's like never being able to say there was a greater F1 driver than Senna if you grew up with him live.

Jordon the same. He was thought of as the elite of the elite right around the world.

Plenty of people outside USA still don't know LeBron and he will never be the household name everywhere MJ was.

Not that popularity counts v skill. But just to say how mega big he really was at the time. He amazed people who didn't even care about basketball.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11851

I lived thru the Jordan years and remember, I also live in LA and lived thru all the Kobe years very closely.. Jordan more athletic and better IMO... No doubt in my mind..

Jordan more physically dominate then Kobe, larger and taller, stronger and could jump a little higher... Kobe might have had a better shot though.. That might be up for debate? Ball handling skills probably about the same.. Both solid defenders.. Jordan might have been more dominate with his off hand though..

Jordan still remains KING of basketball to me...

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20358

Kobe was very athletic but not the athlete MJ was.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I lived thru the Jordan years and remember, I also live in LA and lived thru all the Kobe years very closely.. Jordan more athletic and better IMO... No doubt in my mind..

Jordan more physically dominate then Kobe, larger and taller, stronger and could jump a little higher... Kobe might have had a better shot though.. That might be up for debate? Ball handling skills probably about the same.. Both solid defenders.. Jordan might have been more dominate with his off hand though..

Spot on, don't really think the shot up for much debate. Kobe was better pure shooter but that bout only thing he had on MJ.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11851

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    Spot on, don't really think the shot up for much debate. Kobe was better pure shooter but that bout only thing he had on MJ.
    Kobe was an amazing shooter.. Really an amazing clutch shooter... Had alot of game winners.. In a pure shooting contest I'd probably take Kobe over Jordan as well.. Just barely though..

Jordan was also a very good shooter.. Jordan was very clutch too... Opposing teams did not want Jordan taking the last shot in games..

2daBank

Kobe was an amazing shooter.. Really an amazing clutch shooter... Had alot of game winners.. In a pure shooting contest I'd probably take Kobe over Jordan as well.. Just barely though..

Jordan was also a very good shooter.. Jordan was very clutch too... Opposing teams did not want Jordan taking the last shot in games..

Jordan had to work on and develop that shot where as I think Kobe was just naturally the better shooter. I remember that finals vs Portland everyone had that knock on Jordan not being a shooter then he came in and drained like 6 treys, then of course that famous hands in air clip you have there after he drained the 4th or 5th one in row!! Classic!!

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I still would take Kobe over MJ.

robbypark
    robbypark's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1313

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Because you're dumb.

MJ is the greatest ever. Lebron is top 3 all time. Kobe is "maybe" top 10.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by robbypark View Post
    Because you're dumb.

He also thinks there no way bron can beat the craptors,, lol.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by robbypark View Post
    Because you're dumb.

Ok ghost. lol Like your opinion matters.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    He also thinks there no way bron can beat the craptors,, lol.
    Another poster who wants a high post total.... and posts comments coming from his ass holee

BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money
    BigBusiness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

An interesting choice. Any reason in particular why you would choose Kobe over Jordan?

ikid2groove415

Quote Originally Posted by bigbusiness View Post
    an interesting choice. Any reason in particular why you would choose kobe over jordan?
    lol -

2daBank

Another poster who wants a high post total.... and posts comments coming from his ass holee
    Yea right, you start completely useless threads proclaiming "the only way cavs beat the craptors is if the NBA fixed". Pure garbage. Now you telling us Kobe was better than Jordan, fukkin clueless, lol. Any more retarded ass views you would care to share? I'm down for a good laugh.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

People never argued if Kobe was better than MJ, only if he was as good.
    People don't just argue if Lebron is as good as MJ but also argue if Lebron is better than MJ.

I'm not saying either are better or as good as MJ, just stating what I've seen/heard.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Guess this ends the debate

Kobe was more athletic and the king of basketball

First 12