No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Books are stunningly clueless when it comes to the Celtics

What kind of line and movement was that tonight?

Been wrong all year long. Like the Vegas Knights, books just keep getting buried and keep misfiring badly.

This is what happens when lines are set based on nerd systems who crunch numbers and take nothing else into consideration.

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18704

The lines are fine

bryant81
    Update your status
    bryant81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12228

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    What kind of line and movement was that tonight?

Been wrong all year long. Like the Vegas Knights, books just keep getting buried and keep misfiring badly.

This is what happens when lines are set based on nerd systems who crunch numbers and take nothing else into consideration.
    What happened

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by RavensFan2k3 View Post
    The lines are fine
    Did you just watch that game? Or the series so far?

Obviously not.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

This was rather easy money I must admit. I guess the big time sharps moved the line, those guys are long term bettors so theyre thinking zig zag all the way. Dont know how one could lay off of Celts -1 at home against the Bucks though.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    This was rather easy money I must admit. I guess the big time sharps moved the line, those guys are long term bettors so theyre thinking zig zag all the way. Dont know how one could lay off of Celts -1 at home against the Bucks though.
    Again, do these people actually WATCH the games they bet on?

This series is so lopsided it isn't even funny. The Bucks shot over 60 percent from the field and got obliterated tonight. Their coaching sucks. Their defense sucks.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16005

You mean the squares moved the line.

johnnyvegas13
    johnnyvegas13's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1411

all they did was adjust for ivring out but they kep wining w/o him

big dael tho they wont another series after this

IBetYou

-4 game 1, -1 game 2.

WildCelticsFan
    Update your status
    WildCelticsFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11919

I was thinking lines at home woulda been 4 or 4.5

jimmy007oc
    jimmy007oc's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15028

if you look around sbrforum, most of people played Bucks ML or spread. sbrforum = public. Fade sbrforum = fade the public. easy for me.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy007oc View Post
    if you look around sbrforum, most of people played Bucks ML or spread. sbrforum = public. Fade sbrforum = fade the public. easy for me.
    You mean like Goat, who hasn't gotten a single thing right since about 2013?

djpremier36
    djpremier36's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3398

Why would Vegas give Boston big lines when they know people will fade them without their star players? I don't get it...

RavensFan2k3
    Handicappin' like I'm Trappin'
    RavensFan2k3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18704

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post

Did you just watch that game? Or the series so far?

Obviously not.
    yes I watch the games and wagered on both games, actually

Quote Originally Posted by djpremier36 View Post
    Why would Vegas give Boston big lines when they know people will fade them without their star players? I don't get it...
    Exactly, which is exactly what happened in both games. Alot of money wagered on Bucks, the books did just fine. Just like how they’re doing with all these people putting big money on Portland

Jikos
    Jikos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1114

How penetrating stupid can you be you’ve been betting sports for what 50 years and you still don’t understand how line movement works? Everybody and their mothers had Milwaukee which is why they moved the line to balance action. inb4 umadbro, I only get mad at stupid people, I had celts/raps/PELICANS ML eat shit

Jikos

FFS your name is no coincidences and you’ve been losing for the 5 years I’ve lurked around this shithole of a forum you think that’s a coincidence? Books are clueless??? Books are never ever ever ever clueless it’s the only constant in sports betting. you’re clueless, I’m drunk, peace out

IBetYou

Exactly. Books adjust the lines according to the money coming in. If the masses/ squares are piling on the Bucks then the books have no choice but to move the line. People overreacted to the tight game 1.

Jikos

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    Exactly. Books adjust the lines according to the money coming in. If the masses/ squares are piling on the Bucks then the books have no choice but to move the line. People overreacted to the tight game 1.
    Right. They don’t/will never/haven’t shit a penetrate what happens in the game. Their job is only to balance action and collect the vig. It’s so simple. So so simple.

jtoler

You guys are talking about something thats wasnt part of the discussion, everybody knows the line moves according to money. The thread is about who in their right mind would be on the Bucks tonight period.

Jikos

You guys are talking about something thats wasnt part of the discussion, everybody knows the line moves according to money. The thread is about who in their right mind would be on the Bucks tonight period.
    You are WRONG. FAKE NEWS. 0 points. I don’t even think the word Bucks is in the first post

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by Jikos View Post
    You are WRONG. FAKE NEWS. 0 points. I don’t even think the word Bucks is in the first post
    Youre half right. He's saying the line was too low though and moved in the direction of the losing team. He's not saying people arnt betting Bucks, he's quite aware that they are indeed.

Jikos

Youre half right. He's saying the line was too low though and moved in the direction of the losing team. He's not saying people arnt betting Bucks, he's quite aware that they are indeed.
    You can’t be half right (you can be a halfwit though which you are) something is either right or wrong. He’s only saying whatever he said not whatever you think he meant. Go to sleep buddy, there’s more money to lose tomorrow.

IBetYou

This is what my post was referring to. The line actually came in from the adjusted line -it wasn't adjusted enough for the betting public.

jtoler

no fun arguing with a drunk, but where did he say he didnt understand how line movement works.

Jikos

no fun arguing with a drunk, but where did he say he didnt understand how line movement works.
    It’s not fun arguing with somebody who doesn’t know how to argue and thinks they’re never wrong either but I’m here. Like if I show you where you will say “oh but x.”

jtoler

It’s not fun arguing with somebody who doesn’t know how to argue and thinks they’re never wrong either but I’m here. Like if I show you where you will say “oh but x.”
    I love to be wrong because that means I learned something.

Jikos

I love to be wrong because that means I learned something.
    But you’ve never learned anything

IBetYou

Come on pal, admit you were wrong. You clumsy fool haha
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: bryant81

jtoler

Not wrong, he said nothing about the line movement only what the line was set at which was -3. He always makes these kinds of threads, they are always based on the opener not the line movement.

Jikos

Not wrong, he said nothing about the line movement.
    OP (posted last night which is way after opener): “What kind of line and MOVEMENT was that tonight?”

I’m going to stop right there. I can’t delve further into this. I just can’t. There is something inherently wrong with the way your brain works and I’m not even half joking.

IBetYou

How was the opening line wrong then? If your answer is because the it was a route, then that's invalid because the public moved the line the opposite direction.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    How was the opening line wrong then? If your answer is because the it was a route, then that's invalid because the public moved the line the opposite direction.
    Youll have to look at his other threads. This has nothing to do with me. He made the thread because the final score is far off from the line.

jtoler

OP (posted last night which is way after opener): “What kind of line and MOVEMENT was that tonight?”

I’m going to stop right there. I can’t delve further into this. I just can’t. There is something inherently wrong with the way your brain works and I’m not even half joking.
    No he didnt, go to sleep youre drunk.

IBetYou

like i said that's an invalid argument. The books want an even balance. If anything the handicap should have been shorter.

12 Last