Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11860

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    I wonder how many black people are actually upset over this vs. white virgin liberal who tweets all day? Probably 0 vs 100%?
    Lebron is upset I'm sure. So like 0.0000001 vs 100%.

He'll probably buy a bag of cotton balls tomorrow at CVS and spread it out by his front gate and then claim some sort of act of racial aggression.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Quote Originally Posted by Foxx View Post
    Lebron is upset I'm sure. So like 0.0000001 vs 100%.

He'll probably buy a bag of cotton balls tomorrow at CVS and spread it out by his front gate and then claim some sort of act of racial aggression.
    Yup Lebron is the biggest snow flake cry baby Liberal Trump hater of them all.. He can ball though...

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

lol does lebron think he has real power?

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16160

The guy was a Thunder shill, so they're shooting themselves in the foot. Quite funny when you think about it -got one of their own.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 408

This thread makes me feel old. Haven't used the phrase for a while, but used to hear it all the time growing up. I thought it just went out of style along with "Gag me with a spoon", or "Gnarly".

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    I wonder how many black people are actually upset over this vs. white virgin liberal who tweets all day? Probably 0 vs 100%?
    Just watch from 1:00-2:30 to get an idea

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

^^ Racism..

Can you imagine if Whites today started getting offended by everything that black celebrities or important black people said about whites that are racist? Nothing would happen that's what..

Whites pass it off and we don't care.. Blacks care more and should pass it off the same.. Show some higher understanding and turn the cheek, there will always be racist people in this world on all sides of colors, races and religions..

I get called Cracker and I let it go... White wonder bread.. That shiiit doesn't bother me...

Sticks and stones may break your bones... If people are racist then that is an issue they have to deal with personally.. Ignore and move on...

Last edited by JIBBBY; 04-15-18 at 11:24 PM.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

He should have just said "He's out of his fukking mind" and then get slapped with a fine.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Just one facet of cultural marxism.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    That phrase is older than dirt and because people are so outraged by everything that goes on today, they're going to bitch. Never have I thought race and I've heard black people use that expression.
    How can that phrase be older than dirt when cotton came from dirt?

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10288

"The Cotton Pickin’ Fair is sponsored by The 1911 Society, Ltd., a Georgia not-forprofit corporation supporting sustainable rural development through agri-tourism, and is a seventh generation family business featuring a very unique venue and patron experience.

In 1972 the Gay Family determined that the old cotton gin and other farm buildings would become the backdrop for an “invitation only” antiques, art, and craft festival produced to promote Gay, Georgia and Meriwether County as a good place to live."

~~~~~

The Cotton Pickin' Fair in GAY, GA as initiated by THE GAY FAMILY brings another level of
    hate speech into the mix.

GUMMO77
    Many bags of soup. Many.
    GUMMO77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1726

My father says this all the time. He's not from the South, but when he comes visits us here in FL he always says "cotton picking" about something

My wife always gives him a look, but the old man doesn't have a clue.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10288

Quote Originally Posted by GUMMO77 View Post
    My father says this all the time. He's not from the South, but when he comes visits us here in FL he always says "cotton picking" about something
    My wife always gives him a look, but the old man doesn't have a clue.
    ~~~
    Why does your wife give your father a look??
    Because she thinks "cotton-pickin" is a silly archaic term or she is politically offended by such a vulgar idiom in her house?

My guess is "cotton-pickin" was commonly used by many Americans of all racial backgrounds in place of using a "cuss" word.

Related musing...Which political persuasion is going to program the "hate speech" boundaries
    into AI robotics in the near future?

Last edited by 19th Hole; 04-16-18 at 02:59 AM.

fried cheese
    Update your status
    fried cheese's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17000

they really went off the reservation when they sold him down the river for saying that.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Kermit, and Bluehorseshoe

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Liberal Larry King even finds this phrase to be a compliment or to avoid using a curse word... I guess he still uses it too.. It is a used phrase to replace the curse word "focking"... There are no racial over tones to it.. Stupid NBA and it's players need to get a clue..

"Are you out of your cotton pick'n mind"

"Are you out of your focking mind"

https://www.vibe.com/2018/04/larry-k...ckin-comments/

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

Ugly'

Sheriff J.W. Pepper looks at an elephant

Sheriff J.W. Pepper:
    "Get you're cotton' picking schnoz out of my pants you know! Boy you's is ugly!"

Sheriff J.W is pushed into the water by the elephant

Sheriff J.W. Pepper's Wife:
    "J.W. where are you?"

This one was stuck in my mind from "The Man With The Golden Gun"

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Bunch of white guys in here that think the saying is harmless and it was bullshit the announcer got suspended

I wonder what Russ thought of it, or other African Americans.

White men have the mentality of little boys. Never faced oppression therefore they are unsympathetic to those that have, gotta pull yourself up by your bootstraps because it's a tough world. Even though not a single white guy I know pulled himself up by his own boot straps nor have any of them ever faced a truly tough world, you fukks included.

Hopefully one day you'll realize your thoughts on this matter are irrelevant because they weren't offensive to the white race

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    Bunch of white guys in here that think the saying is harmless and it was bullshit the announcer got suspended

White men have the mentality of little boys. Never faced oppression therefore they are unsympathetic to those that have, gotta pull yourself up by your bootstraps because it's a tough world. Even though not a single white guy I know pulled himself up by his own boot straps nor have any of them ever faced a truly tough world, you fukks included.

Hopefully one day you'll realize your thoughts on this matter are irrelevant because they weren't offensive to the white race
    You should go lead the Black Lives Matter charge.. Power to the people Kraken, no? Skinny little white guy they can all beat up and pick on when they are not rioting out in the streets.. Come on Kraken do you part.. ..

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    You should go lead the Black Lives Matter charge.. Power to the people Kraken, no? Skinny little white guy they can all beat up and pick on when they are not rioting out in the streets.. Come on Kraken do you part.. ..

You miss the point. BLM is a movement by blacks for blacks, I should have no part in it other than to support them. The messenger matters.

I was just pointing out how ridiculous it was that a bunch of white guys are bitching on the internet how "cotton picking" is a completely acceptable saying and not offensive.... Of course it's not offensive to any of us but it may be offensive to those that have ancestors that were actually forced to pick cotton. It's not up to you or I what is offensive to another group so put a sock in it

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

You miss the point. BLM is a movement by blacks for blacks, I should have no part in it other than to support them. The messenger matters.

I was just pointing out how ridiculous it was that a bunch of white guys are bitching on the internet how "cotton picking" is a completely acceptable saying and not offensive.... Of course it's not offensive to any of us but it may be offensive to those that have ancestors that were actually forced to pick cotton. It's not up to you or I what is offensive to another group so put a sock in it
    Kraken you're out of your Cotton Pick'n Mind!!!!

What I have a problem with is that just about everything is considered racist these days when they are not.. The race card is played out with a twist...

The OKC announcer should not have been suspended for that comment as it was ment as a complement....Everyone knows the OKC announcer is not racist..

topcat123
    topcat123's Avatar Become A Pro!

i agree with you it is a racist term and iam glad they took the confedera flag down.

PaperTrail07
    MMA is the most pure sport
    PaperTrail07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 585

lady I work w is 80-something....spends rest of her time at the church directing choir....she uses it when frustrated LOL...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    You're young then.

The Kraken

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Kraken you're out of your Cotton Pick'n Mind!!!!

What I have a problem with is that just about everything is considered racist these days when they are not.. The race card is played out with a twist...

The OKC announcer should not have been suspended for that comment as it was ment as a complement....Everyone knows the OKC announcer is not racist..
    The thing is Jibs, you don't get to decide what is racist and what is not, especially with a term like "cotton pickin". I agree, it doesn't offend me just like it doesn't offend you, but it shouldn't offend us.

But it is clearly offensive for good reason to many blacks, and the least we can do is be sympathetic to that.

This goes a step beyond the PC police being out of control, that saying has a specific meaning derived during the slavery days.

As for the reporter being suspended, the team felt he should have been and as a business that right resides with them. I supporter Starbucks the other day when their manager asked the two black men to leave and when they didn't, they got arrested. I also support the OKC Thunder organization to make the best decision for their business. They deal with the consequences of their actions and inactions, not me or you.

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by topcat123 View Post
    its a southern term meaning niggers picking cotton.thats the comment they say but i say black.people did it by hand now long time ago,but they do it with 100,000 equitment to do the work.
    Too much of a fukkin pussy to say that with your real account??

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11648

I agree, it doesn't offend me just like it doesn't offend you, but it shouldn't offend us.
    Shouldn't offend anyone.

You probably applaud differing opinions being shouted down regularly at campuses from coast to coast. Pursuit of knowledge my asse, more like rites of indoctrination.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by topcat123 View Post
    its a southern term meaning niggers picking cotton.thats the comment they say but i say black.people did it by hand now long time ago,but they do it with 100,000 equitment to do the work.

IBetYou

You have to let things go in life. How many black people in America today experienced slavery anyway? If it wasn't for slavery they'd be in Africa. Every cloud has a sliver lining...

PAULYPOKER

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    You have to let things go in life. How many black people in America today experienced slavery anyway? If it wasn't for slavery they'd be in Africa. Every cloud has a sliver lining...
    They experience it everyday in prison along with the rest of the prison populations...........

Cheaper than the 1700's as well......

Corporations making record profits while taking jobs from law abiding citizens.......

Then when these jobless law abiding citizens can't find employment they
    have not very many choices, either file for SSD/SSI or break the law just to survive............

Then go to prison and become slaves themselves.......

Rinse and repeat.......

BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money
    BigBusiness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

Fire his ass.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Please.

Bottom line on this story was intent. Was the intent to humiliate anyone?

The Kraken

Once again, white people saying it should not offend black people

Its this type of thinking that has this country turned around around ass backwards.

Multiple blacks have said that the saying is offensive to them, end of story.

The irony is how offended many of you are that the comment offended blacks. Bunch of internet snowflakesk

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by BigBusiness View Post
    Fire his ass.

IBetYou

Once again, white people saying it should not offend black people

Its this type of thinking that has this country turned around around ass backwards.

The irony is how offended many of you are that the comment offended blacks. Bunch of internet snowflakesk
    Well it's a bit sad that some chump has his life turned upside down because of this. The organisation he loves making an example of him so as to endear themselves to the overly sensitive.

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Those people need to grow up then. Complaining about this makes real issues watered down.

First 1234 Last