JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11558

Grizzles vs Pelicans +13 points, Hmmmm?

Thin tough NBA schedule today and this Grizzles +13 is the only game that looks doable to me.. Gonna cap online again let's begin... Bring your thoughts fellas.

The game write up - https://www.thebirdwrites.com/2018/4...oliday?src=rss

Grizzles are 2-3 in their last five games and beat 2 good teams - (At Twolves, Blazers at home).. They aren't getting completely blown out in recent games either.. They are playing loose and have nothing to play for and it's working for them.. They've also had 3 full days of rest now and should come in fresh to this game tonight.. Check..

Last 5 Memphis Grizzles -

Date Home/Away Opponent Time
    Apr 4 @ New Orleans 5:00 PM PDT
    FSS, FSNO
    Mar 24 vs LA Lakers L 100 - 93
    Mar 26 @ Minnesota W 101 - 93
    Mar 28 vs Portland W 108 - 103
    Mar 30 @ Utah L 107 - 97
    Apr 1 @ Portland L 113 - 98

Pelicans on the flip are struggling of late, haven't been blowing out anyone.. This game is a must win for them I know but the Pelicans just aren't getting it done lately.. 4 game losing streak now but to their credit they lost to very good teams.. That worries me a little bit but not enough to shy away from the fade....

Pelicans last 5 games -

Date Home/Away Opponent Time
    Apr 4 vs Memphis 5:00 PM PDT
    FSS, FSNO
    Mar 22 vs LA Lakers W 128 - 125
    Mar 24 @ Houston L 114 - 91
    Mar 27 vs Portland L 107 - 103
    Mar 30 @ Cleveland L 107 - 102
    Apr 1 vs Oklahoma City L 109 - 104

My final thoughts - the Grizzles come in playing loose with nothing to lose and probably lose but cover the 13 points.. Pelicans will be jacked and pressing maybe even play a little tight.... Like I said the Pelicans haven't been blowing out anyone lately. I just don't see the Grizz getting blown out in this game..

Pelicans last game against Memphis in early January. Pelicans won 111-104.. Game was close the first go around for the most part.. I see no reason why it won't be reasonably close again tonight..

In on the Grizz +13.5 points for JIBS... No guarantees in this one but I think it's worth the try...

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8819

Betting on bad team because nothing else looks good.....pass.

Hot Jerry
    Hot Jerry's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4638

WNT [ watch no touch ] - to me !!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    Betting on bad team because nothing else looks good.....pass.
    Bad team playing better of late, players playing hard for contracts and a job next year... Grizzles didn't throw in the towel like other teams.. I reads ya though..

+13.5 is alot of points..

Pending4/4/18 8:05pm NBA Basketball 509 Memphis Grizzlies +13½ -117* vs New Orleans Pelicans
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 04-04-18 at 12:28 PM.

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Be careful Jibs, Memphis is sitting half the team tonight. Evans doubtful and Parsons, Green and Harrison OUT. The Pelicans are also on the playoff bubble with the Nuggets and Clippers within striking distance, they should be very motivated tonight.
    Points Awarded:

Thrilla gave SharpAngles 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

fourlokobro
    fourlokobro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1413

JIB, tease it up to +18 with PHI +3 at -120 and go small

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Too many points to give and I don’t think New Orleans has knock out power

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post
    Be careful Jibs, Memphis is sitting half the team tonight. Evans doubtful and Parsons, Green and Harrison OUT. The Pelicans are also on the playoff bubble with the Nuggets and Clippers within striking distance, they should be very motivated tonight.
    Sharps I know.. I just think it's alot of points.. I said this bet isn't a lock but it's enough points in my mind to give it a shot for my normal bet size.. Let's see what sticks?.. Pelicans aren't exactly world beaters right now and or blowing out any teams lately..

Injury Report

View All Injuries

Memphis Grizzlies

Name POS Status Date Injury Returns
    Wayne Selden G Sidelined Apr 3 knee Day-to-day
    JaMychal Green F/C Sidelined Apr 1 knee Out Sunday
    Chandler Parsons F Sidelined Mar 30 knee Day-to-day
    Andrew Harrison G Sidelined Mar 27 wrist Day-to-day
    Tyreke Evans G/F Sidelined Mar 25 personal Out indefinitely
    Mike Conley G Sidelined Nov 14 heel Out Indefinitely

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by fourlokobro View Post
    JIB, tease it up to +18 with PHI +3 at -120 and go small
    Don't like any other games on today's NBA schedule.. Not even O/U's.. Just not seeing anything today.. Philly is hot and so is Detroit right now and especially at home.. I think that game could go either way even with the tease.. GL though!!..

Spurs at Lakers I'm still thinking about -

Was thinking of playing the Spurs as the Lakers are depleted and really injured right now. Very thin roster for the Lakers tonight.. Spurs also probably got chewed out hard after the Clippers loss last night by POP. Spurs probably rebound tonight, also they didn't have to travel or even change hotels as last nights game and tonight's game are played at the Staples Center.. 6 points is a lot though since the Lakers are at home.. Still like the Spurs to probably cover though.. I have touched it yet.. Game time decision..

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Well good job on some of you passing on this play.. Grizz threw in the towel.. SharpAngles was on it..

M Gasol especially was a NO SHOW.. I threw a dart with some stats and trends and missed BADLY.. Sorry fellas.. I don't win em all... Gotta bump the good with the bad.. It's only right and fair...

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/memphis...ns-2018040403/

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7357

I lost here as well . I even took the ml lmao

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

You took a shot, its all good.

I just cant in the right conscience, put my money on tankapalooza teams. The NBA needs to fix this in the worst way, terrible product....I feel bad for fans who spend NBA ticket prices to watch G-League basketball.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Don't like any other games on today's NBA schedule.. Not even O/U's.. Just not seeing anything today.. Philly is hot and so is Detroit right now and especially at home.. I think that game could go either way even with the tease.. GL though!!..

Spurs at Lakers I'm still thinking about -

Was thinking of playing the Spurs as the Lakers are depleted and really injured right now. Very thin roster for the Lakers tonight.. Spurs also probably got chewed out hard after the Clippers loss last night by POP. Spurs probably rebound tonight, also they didn't have to travel or even change hotels as last nights game and tonight's game are played at the Staples Center.. 6 points is a lot though since the Lakers are at home.. Still like the Spurs to probably cover though.. I have touched it yet.. Game time decision..
    Well decided to play the Spurs on the ML to try to win it back.. See if this sticks.. I wouldn't consider this chasing but you can say it is.. I REALLY DON'T think the Spurs are gonna lose this game that's why I played the odds.. I went 4-0 yesterday in the NBA and this will take away most of my profits if I lose this with the Grizzles loss already in...

Trying to break even on the night here with this pretty much.. I don't play these kind of odds often in the NBA but I am tonight..

$250.00 $100.00 Pending 4/4/18 10:35pm NBA Basketball 511 San Antonio Spurs -250* vs Los Angeles Lakers

Bet points too...

Ticket#:3805373
    Apr 04 10:30 PM
    Apr 04 09:30 PM NBA STRAIGHT BET
    [511] SAN ANTONIO -265
    199.00 / 75.09

It's a tight game still.. I don't think I'll lose this though. Counting on the other P Gasol brother not to lay an egg tonight coming back home... https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/san-ant...rs-2018040413/
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 04-04-18 at 10:12 PM.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8819

Moral of the story...

1. Dont bet just to bet.
    2. Dont chase.
    Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave bigtymer56 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Betting the NBA is no different than playing
    Russian roulette with 4 bullets in a six shooter...........