bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8999

Quote Originally Posted by survive View Post
    Buddy,,, he’s a pussy in the mental aspect. Obviously any professional athlete is a physical specimen. This dude has zero self awareness, passive aggressive on social media, makes his own fukking coaches quit, fakes shit for attention (see his LA home getting vandalized last year), quit on two separate teams (soon to be 3) after getting his ass kicked to form super teams, etc. Do I need to go on...?
    Lmao, guys get on LeBron but have no problem with Jordan punching teammates in practice and teaming with a hated rival Rodman after losing to Magic.

Can only imagine how the LeBron haters would react if he quit basketball to play football for a few years.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11802

I'd take Michael Jordan.. Fierce competitor more clutch.. More rings.. Jordan is the best player ever still to this day..

Lebron, Kobe, Magic, Bird and others still fall in line behind Jordan I say... You young punks posting don't remember MJ, but I do..

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I'd take Michael Jordan.. Fierce competitor more clutch.. More rings.. Jordan is the best player ever still to this day..

Lebron, Kobe, Magic, Bird and others still fall in line behind Jordan I say... You young punks posting don't remember MJ, but I do..

Jibbster, I go back even further. Went to and watched more Celtics games than I can count as early as 1973-4 or so.
    Cowens vs. Lew Alcindor is still fresh in my mind.

Celts used to practice in my hometown. Wasn`t even a big deal to head over after school and watch them.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by DOM-Ganador View Post
    Jibbster, I go back even further. Went to and watched more Celtics games than I can count as early as 1973-4 or so.
    Cowens vs. Lew Alcindor is still fresh in my mind.

Celts used to practice in my hometown. Wasn`t even a big deal to head over after school and watch them.
    I lived and breathed the Jordan, Magic, Bird and Dirty Detroit Piston years.. I went to Laker 80's showtime games all the time and witnessed showtime at it's greatest.. Magic Johnson was really something special.. Kobe years too..

MJ still the best though..

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

Michael Jordan lost one playoff series from 1991-1998.

He won 26

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post

He won 26
    That is insane. Come to think of it, Bron has to be close though since he's been to like 7 or 8 finals in a row.

DOM-Ganador

He won 26
    No doubt MJ was absurd in his domination during those years. BUT coming up with the Jazz and putting them in the same class as
    Magic Lakers and Bird Celtics is ludicrous.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I didn't like the Bulls just for the record..

Still Air Jordan was the man.. Very smooth, cat like quick, and a will and determination to succeed not seen since....

He was right handed but could dribble and dunk with his left just as easily...

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by DOM-Ganador View Post
    No doubt MJ was absurd in his domination during those years. BUT coming up with the Jazz and putting them in the same class as
    Magic Lakers and Bird Celtics is ludicrous.
    Dom I'm not sure what else to tell you. The Lakers and Celtics had no competition except the one year that Philly was awesome.

Who was good in the east? Jack Sikma almost beat the Celtics.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

You guys forget there was not a hand checking rule enforced back then like it is today and dirty play and hard hits was the norm..

Jordan played and produced thru all of that.. Lebron and point guards like Step Curry all have it much easier today... The league got soft!!!

Last edited by JIBBBY; 03-22-18 at 02:08 PM.

cwnotorious
    cwnotorious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10757

Some good stuff in here fellas Thx it brought me back. For those of us who lived through the Jordan era, he will always be the measuring stick. He literally was bigger than the game and grew the sport worldwide, similar to tiger woods in golf.

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

You guys forget there was not a hand checking rule enforced back then like it is today and dirty play and hard hits was the norm..

Jordan played and produced thru all of that.. Lebron and point guards like Step Curry all have it much easier today... The league got soft!!!

What you said above is 100% correct & fact.

This has been one of my points for some time.

Jordan DOMINATED in a defense-first league in which the rules allowed him to be double & triple teamed night after night.

Just imagine what he would do in this weak-azz defensive league today.

MJ is head & shoulders above all great players in every sport.

He's in a league of his own.

As for the NBA, LeBron, Bird, Magic, and other greats all fall into the same category.
    None are that much better than the other.

Yet none are even close to Jordan.
    Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave Hman 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by Hman View Post
    Yep.

Here's about what the leading scorers would look like this year if MJ was playing:

RK NAME TEAM
    PTS

1 M. Jordan, SG. CHI 42.4
    2 J. Harden, PG HOU 31.2
    3 A. Davis, PF NO 28.2
    4 L. James, SF CLE 27.4
    5 G. Antetokounmpo, PF MIL 27.3
    6 D. Lillard, PG POR 26.6
    7 K. Durant, SF GS 26.6
    8 S. Curry, PG GS 26.3
    9 R. Westbrook, PG OKC 25.4
    10 D. Booker, SG PHX 24.9
    Sounds about right.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    I was responding to the Magic/MJ comparison. When Bulls were losing to Celts in MJ's 1st few years it was his 2nd and 3rd yr in the league and he had a bunch of nobodies, no way is he going to beat the HOFer and All Star Celtics. When they were losing to the Pistons it was Pippen's 1st couple of years, not enough, no way still were they gonna beat the HOFer and All Star stacked Pistons. Magic's team was stacked with HOFers and All Star's and no doubt he was winning.
    In Lebron's first few seasons, when he was surrounded by "a bunch of nobodies", he got his team to the NBA finals.

Again, Michael Jordan was 1-9 in playoff games without Scottie Pippen.

Lebron in the finals, without Scottie Pippen.

DOM-Ganador

Dom I'm not sure what else to tell you. The Lakers and Celtics had no competition except the one year that Philly was awesome.

Who was good in the east? Jack Sikma almost beat the Celtics.
    They played against each other in the Finals 3 times. The Finals LB. I think we are closer to an agreement on this topic than this thread suggests.
    My #1 point is MJ never faced a team remotely as good as either of these 2 teams to win a title.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    In Lebron's first few seasons, when he was surrounded by "a bunch of nobodies", he got his team to the NBA finals.

Again, Michael Jordan was 1-9 in playoff games without Scottie Pippen.

Lebron in the finals, without Scottie Pippen.
    Compare the East when Bron did that to the East that MJ was playing in. Bron wouldnt have gotten out of the first round against the Pistons.

The Giant

Compare the East when Bron did that to the East that MJ was playing in. Bron wouldnt have gotten out of the first round against the Pistons.
    Oh, okay. Well, compare the West today to Jordan's era. Michael would only have about two titles, max.

jtoler

Oh, okay. Well, compare the West today to Jordan's era. Michael would only have about two titles, max.
    Only team I see giving them trouble is Dubs. MJ on Curry, Pip on Durant, Id like Bulls chances. On the other end, MJ would do a hurting on Klay guarding him.
    Last edited by jtoler; 03-22-18 at 03:18 PM.

The Giant

Today's era is all about the three ball.

Michael Jordan's lifetime three point percentage: 32.7%. (Yikes, that's not good!)

Lebron James, who isn't even considered a great shooter: 34.4% from beyond the arc.

Let's not jump to conclusions and say "Jordan would dominate even more today". The midrange, 18 foot jump shot, isn't really that important in today's game.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

I agree, The Pistons bad boys teams would have put Dennis Rodman on Lebron defensively and that would have gave Lebron fits.. The physical play of Rodman and the fact that he was really quick of foot defensively, could rebound like a mad man, had size and that would have been to much for Lebron and any Cavs championships team IMO...

Last edited by JIBBBY; 03-22-18 at 03:39 PM.

jtoler

Today's era is all about the three ball.

Michael Jordan's lifetime three point percentage: 32.7%. (Yikes, that's not good!)

Lebron James, who isn't even considered a great shooter: 34.4% from beyond the arc.

Let's not jump to conclusions and say "Jordan would dominate even more today". The midrange, 18 foot jump shot, isn't really that important in today's game.
    I shouldnt say just Dubs would be trouble, some other teams would be trouble too I guess, I cant really tell how it would go over an entire series.

lakerboy

I would have loved to see James play those Riley Knicks teams. He might have gotten dehydrated before the game

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

i could go either way on this argument. there has been alot of good arguments.

i think to compare lebron and MJ properly, you have to adjust for teammates, city, general manager, coach, competition

teammates: scotty pippen was so important to MJ's success....... also, highly complementary teammates whereas Lebron's cleveland teams have been either 1) lacking talent (before miami); 2) built a bit like a fantasy team (love, kyries, JR etc.. 3) lacks complementary players (TT is a mediocre big at best with i think character issues)........... cleveland went from best team in league to worst team in league almost all due lebron leaving. think about that.

city: hard to say how it would exactly affect it, but i would assume much greater atmosphere/energy playing in chicago.

general manager/coach: see teammates mostly......... MJ's teams were optimized for he/pippen with great complementary choices (not sure bulls ever really had a traditional PG. very rare). Lebron's teams were/are terribly constructed (might be partly him)

competitors: pretty sure GS and Lebron would beat up Utah pretty badly. i don't think MJ/bulls would be beating GS (before or after durant). in fact, i think they might get killed. prime lakers/celtics, i'm not sure MJ or Lebron would be beating them (obviously everything adjusted for time period)....

look what lebron is doing at this time in his career.. players who were drafted high in his year were darko, carmelo, wade, bosh, kaman etc.. all "over the hill" really badly or gone from the league.

seems to me that if i had a terrible team or a middle-of-the-road team i would take lebron over jordan easily to improve my team. game 7 in the playoffs might be different.

kobe over lebron........ thank you for a nice chuckle

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

wilt chamberlain barely won any titles (2 i believe) but averaged 38 points and 25 rebounds his first 9 years in the league.

] Chamberlain is the only player in NBA history to average at least 30 points and 20 rebounds per game in a season, a feat he accomplished seven times. He is also the only player to average at least 30 points and 20 rebounds per game over the entire course of his NBA career.

ted williams never won a world series, during a career where the NYY won the title 11 times... think about that.. i realize basketball is much more reliant on top 2 or 3 players than baseball

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by gojetsgomoxies View Post
    i could go either way on this argument. there has been alot of good arguments.

i think to compare lebron and MJ properly, you have to adjust for teammates, city, general manager, coach, competition

teammates: scotty pippen was so important to MJ's success....... also, highly complementary teammates whereas Lebron's cleveland teams have been either 1) lacking talent (before miami); 2) built a bit like a fantasy team (love, kyries, JR etc.. 3) lacks complementary players (TT is a mediocre big at best with i think character issues)........... cleveland went from best team in league to worst team in league almost all due lebron leaving. think about that.

city: hard to say how it would exactly affect it, but i would assume much greater atmosphere/energy playing in chicago.

general manager/coach: see teammates mostly......... MJ's teams were optimized for he/pippen with great complementary choices (not sure bulls ever really had a traditional PG. very rare). Lebron's teams were/are terribly constructed (might be partly him)

competitors: pretty sure GS and Lebron would beat up Utah pretty badly. i don't think MJ/bulls would be beating GS (before or after durant). in fact, i think they might get killed. prime lakers/celtics, i'm not sure MJ or Lebron would be beating them (obviously everything adjusted for time period)....

look what lebron is doing at this time in his career.. players who were drafted high in his year were darko, carmelo, wade, bosh, kaman etc.. all "over the hill" really badly or gone from the league.

seems to me that if i had a terrible team or a middle-of-the-road team i would take lebron over jordan easily to improve my team. game 7 in the playoffs might be different.

kobe over lebron........ thank you for a nice chuckle
    Fantastic write up!

Jordan might be better than Lebron in a few aspects, but Lebron is the most VALUABLE basketball player of all time. His teams completely collapse whenever he leaves. On the flipside, when Jordan went to play baseball the Chicago Bulls win total only went down by two or three games.

lakerboy

Guys relax.

Dwight Howard had a 30/30 last night

DOM-Ganador

Guys relax.

Saw that and my only thought was what a waste of machinery.
    Hate dudes who never improve and rely solely on talent.
    Plus, I believe he has 10+ kids with 5 or so women. Fukk him.
    Dude deserves the Antione Walker treatment.

Hman
    Hman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1222

Guys relax.

Haha perfect point LB!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Fantastic write up!

Jordan might be better than Lebron in a few aspects, but Lebron is the most VALUABLE basketball player of all time. His teams completely collapse whenever he leaves. On the flipside, when Jordan went to play baseball the Chicago Bulls win total only went down by two or three games.
    You take the best player arguably of all time off any of those teams in history and that team becomes crap.. You forgot how bad the Bulls were when MJ left to play baseball.. That Bulls team went to crap in a hurry the following year... You take Magic and or Larry Legend off those teams and I'm pretty sure they would have both struggled to make the playoffs...

When I remember back to the Jordan years I remember he was REALLY clutch at the end of games. Willed his teams to win.. While Lebron is decent at the end of games and ok in clutch situations he doesn't have that same burning fire in his belly like Michael Jordan did..

That's why I believe MJ was a better basket ball player then Lebron James and the greatest ever.. Jordan would get in physical fights in the locker rooms before and or after games with slacking players.. Lebron doesn't do that shiiiit.. He makes excuses for why the Cavs are losing...
    Last edited by JIBBBY; 03-22-18 at 05:58 PM.

The Giant

You take the best player arguably of all time off any of those teams in history and that team becomes crap.. You forgot how bad the Bulls were when MJ left to play baseball.. You take Magic and or Larry Legend off those teams and I'm pretty sure they would have both struggled to make the playoffs...
    Sometimes your posts make no sense, Jibby. I'm worried about you, pal. When Michael Jordan went off to play baseball, the Bulls had won three straight championships. While he was away their season win total went from something like 58 all the way down to...55. The meter hardly moved.

Do you know what happens when Lebron leaves town?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Sometimes your posts make no sense, Jibby. I'm worried about you, pal. When Michael Jordan went off to play baseball, the Bulls had won three straight championships. While he was away their season win total went from something like 58 all the way down to...55. The meter hardly moved.

Giant buddy I suggest you take a closer look and read the history of the Jordan years and when he left..

Here is a link to help you with that.. Jordan ment everything to those Bulls teams.. http://www.nba.com/bulls/history/Chi...ArticleList#21

The Giant

Giant buddy I suggest you take a closer look and read the history of the Jordan years and when he left..

Here is a link to help you with that.. Jordan ment everything to those Bulls teams.. http://www.nba.com/bulls/history/Chi...ArticleList#21
    What year do you think he originally left to go play baseball?

jtoler

They are different players which is why I dont know why people try to compare them. If you want to compare someone to MJ it'd be Kobe, same position, same size, but more importantly, they went about trying to do the same things on the court. Both scorers, they werent out there trying to get assists. Both had the ball a lot but seems Bron has it every possession making every decision, whether he's gonna score or dish for the assist. Bron more of a pg therefore he's gonna affect teams more. Besides Scottie Pippen went ape when Jordan left, I actually used to think Scottie was passive and overrated until that year Jordan left and he put that team on his back.

BigBusiness
    Drug dealin money
    BigBusiness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

A bunch of clueless idiots in this thread.

Let me all ask you something..... And I want you to give me a straight answer.

If you were building a team from scratch and you could only pick Prime Lebron or Prime Jordan, who would you pick?

Only a complete fool would choose Jordan.

Lebron is FAR superior to Jordan, athletically/physically speaking.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by BigBusiness View Post
    A bunch of clueless idiots in this thread.

Let me all ask you something..... And I want you to give me a straight answer.

If you were building a team from scratch and you could only pick Prime Lebron or Prime Jordan, who would you pick?

Only a complete fool would choose Jordan.

Lebron is FAR superior to Jordan, athletically/physically speaking.
    One thing you left out is heart and killer instinct. Give me MJ. Ill take 6-0 in the Finals with 6 Finals MVP's over 3-5 in the Finals. This would be 1-7 if Kyrie and Ray Allen didnt save his life with miracle shots.
    Last edited by jtoler; 03-22-18 at 08:31 PM.

First 123456 ... Last