VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20445

Mavericks owner Mark Cuban says it would be best to tank: 'Losing is our best option'

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/m...r-best-option/

Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban calls tanking "brutal" but acknowledged that he told his team that it would be best to lose for the rest of the 2017-18 season.

Cuban told Julius Irving on the House Call with Dr. J podcast that he shared that sentiment with the team recently.

"I'm probably not supposed to say this, but, like, I just had dinner with a bunch of our guys the other night, and here we are, you know, we weren't competing for the playoffs. I was like, 'Look, losing is our best option,'" Cuban said on the podcast. "Adam [Silver] would hate hearing that, but I at least sat down and I explained it to them. And I explained what our plans were going to be this summer, that we're not going to tank again. This was, like, a year-and-a-half tanking, and that was too brutal for me. But being transparent, I think that's the key to being kind of a players owner and having stability."

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He is a loser

Franchise dead

cincinnatikid513
    contra spem spero
    cincinnatikid513's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

alot of teams will be tanking suns kings magic hawks

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

So tough in the NBA to turn it around.
    On the flip side, once a team gets to the top, extremely difficult to knock them off.

Take away the Pats, and the NFL is a revolving door. Worst to first in Div. happens on a regular basis.

Look at the Celts. 3-4 years of good moves/drafting/trades etc.
    Might never see a finals as constructed.

ikid2groove415
    ikid2groove415's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1184

Well he’s just being honest !! No fakes

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

The Sacramento Kings have been trying to lose every game.
    Their coach acts like its still preseason; the top minute holder is at 27 minutes a game.