Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9181

Australia Goes Ben Simmons Mad

Basketball has been a slowly dieing sport in Australia since Michael Jordon retired.

But this year the media has exploded with NBA stories, particularly about the 76ers, almost daily suddenly this year.

I liked this story today. But "historic day"... getting a bit desperate to find a record?

AUSSIES IN ACTION

It was a historic day for Australian basketball as the nation’s NBA representatives combined for a record single-day points haul.

Led by Ben Simmons and Patty Mills (26 points each in Philadelphia’s 112-106 win over San Antonio), Australians scored a combined 86 points, smashing the previous record day of 66 points.

Thon Maker and Matthew Dellavedova both impressed in Milwaukee’s 122-101 win over Indiana. Maker had 12 points and four rebounds off the bench, while Dellavedova had a game high nine assists and eight points off the bench.

Aron Baynes had six points and six rebounds in Boston’s impressive 102-88 thrashing of Cleveland while Joe Ingles scored eight in Utah’s 108-98 loss to New Orleans.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16154

I would like to see Maker play for Sudan at the International level. Canada claim he's theirs as well. But if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, talks like a duck... it's a duck.

Optional

I think Baynes might be a New Zealander too.

john360180
    john360180's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4572

Russell Crowe too.

IBetYou

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    I think Baynes might be a New Zealander too.
    That's right! I don't like to see the rich get richer. He should team with Steven Adams and the Webster brothers and do the haka.

IBetYou

Nikola Mirotic should play with Montenegro. Imagine a frontline of him & Vucevic...

Ibaka should play for Congo...

IBetYou

Very few of the African NBAers want to play for their national teams. They talk about growing the game in their homeland but it's just lip service.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    Very few of the African NBAers want to play for their national teams. They talk about growing the game in their homeland but it's just lip service.
    I think in his case he came to Australia as a child, became a citizen, and feels pretty Australian.

IBetYou

Embiid is meeting with the French basketball federation in February to discuss playing for Les Bleus. What a penetrating disgrace! Just because he has the accent and some relatives in the country. Real shame they allow this to happen, as it completely undermines the spirit of International competition.

IBetYou

Drummond nailed it when he said Embiid just wants to be famous...