Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Most of the 3's he takes is WIDE open. If you watch the Lakers you know that. He's always left wide open because he can't hit.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20358

Quote Originally Posted by PeterJohnson View Post
    like i said its 18 games lol hes gonna get better he cant get worse
    I'm sure people in Cleveland said that about Anthony Bennett. I'm sure fans of anyone who start out slow have that same assumption. I agree he can't get any worst because he's already playing awful. But he needs to make a lot of improvement to be a starting caliber PG. Asking a player to increase his FG% 10-20% is a lot. I think we should know a lot about Lonzo by the end of this season. If he struggles throughout the year, I doubt he will make some incredible leap in year two.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21653

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    Thing about MCW is he was 22yo when he got drafted -that's quite old for a lottery pick, and it's a big advantage for a pg. Ball drafted at 20yo. In other words however well he does his rookie year you can expect a leap -a leap you did not see from MCW...
    Fair point, but unless he changes his shot he's never going to be anything much. It's just too easy for the defense to sag back and cut everything off. You have to at least have some threat.

PeterJohnson
    Sharpest Of The Sharp!
    PeterJohnson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 77

We didnt say he dont need to change his shot hell def change it in off season if it dont improve by end of season he seems like the type of kid that will put the work in the off season to improve Bennett didnt never though he would be much myself in the the NBA gave of the "lazy" impression pus spotlight hasnt been on a player like this since lebron kid cant even get a haircut not even compariable like i said hes had 2 triple doubles already you just dont magically get that if you got no game. Is his shot consistent enough i dont think i think he needs to change something but to say he cant improve his shot isnt saying much you can ALWAYS improve your shot it getting in the gym and shooting enough and ur taking an 18 game sample that peanuts man u cant judge 18 games yea hes struggling shooting its just more of a bigger deal cause its lonzo do you ever here about another rookies struggles? i dont and lonzo already has 2 triple doubles in 18 games

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

He aint changing no shot, nothing wrong with it. Again how did he set shooting records in college that hadnt been done in 23 years if he cant shoot. There are a shipload of hofers and other great players who had bad percentages after 18 games.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13569

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    True Laker season is going no where.. Maybe you should play him and try to lose games to pick up ping pong balls for the draft.. I guess that's another way to look at it.. Give Zo a year to see if can develop a shot and not turn over the ball..
    Celtics own the pic no? I think C's if between 2-5.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by Pauulzcappin View Post
    Most of the 3's he takes is WIDE open. If you watch the Lakers you know that. He's always left wide open because he can't hit.

This is the NBA and that will have to change one way or the other.

If he shoots even a little better, well maybe a little more better...lol, over just a few games, that would change the defensive strategy right away.

Pauulzcappin

Quote Originally Posted by KVB View Post
    This is the NBA and that will have to change one way or the other.

If he shoots even a little better, well maybe a little more better...lol, over just a few games, that would change the defensive strategy right away.
    I agree, but until then I will keep thinking he's a guard that can't shoot and isn't fast enough to drive. He's tall for a PG but he has to improve on a few areas to be successful on this league. I think he will be good sometime but it's gonna take a lot
    Points Awarded:

KVB gave Pauulzcappin 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Looks like De'Aaron Fox isn't much of a shooter either.

Pauulzcappin

getting pounded by sactown, wasn't watching but now i will

bjb7223
    bjb7223's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8985

bench him now

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    He aint changing no shot, nothing wrong with it. Again how did he set shooting records in college that hadnt been done in 23 years if he cant shoot. There are a shipload of hofers and other great players who had bad percentages after 18 games.
    Have you no shame? He scored 14 ppg in college. What shooting records are you talking about? His shot mechanics are the single worst the NBA has ever seen, outside of some 7'2" center. Jtoler, there's another new year coming our way soon--Why don't you make a resolution to stop being so dumb?!

Pauulzcappin

Whenever this kid shoots a FT I remember how dearly I miss Smush Parker

The Giant

So, he's about 45% from the free-throw line?

The poor kid is all fukked up in the head.

The worst thing that happened to him was going to the Lakers. He needs to get away from his dad.

Pauulzcappin

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    So, he's about 45% from the free-throw line?

The poor kid is all fukked up in the head.

The worst thing that happened to him was going to the Lakers. He needs to get away from his dad.
    Probably the only guard in the game you can pull a hack-a-shaq and be sucessful

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Pauulzcappin View Post
    Probably the only guard in the game you can pull a hack-a-shaq and be sucessful
    Always a possibility. If that happened, and he failed, it could destroy him.

I still think he figures out how to shoot. Particularly free throws. He's just overthinking.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

I haven't played basketball or shot a free throw in probably 5 years, but I know that I could walk onto a court right now and probably hit 5 out of 10 without taking any practice shots.

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

Quote Originally Posted by Kermit View Post
    I haven't played basketball or shot a free throw in probably 5 years, but I know that I could walk onto a court right now and probably hit 5 out of 10 without taking any practice shots.
    I just spoke to Magic and Luke Walton--they want you to show up at the gym tomorrow morning.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Quote Originally Posted by Harry N. Lloyd View Post
    I just spoke to Magic and Luke Walton--they want you to show up at the gym tomorrow morning.
    I'll be there.

Points Awarded:

Pauulzcappin gave Kermit 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by Harry N. Lloyd View Post
    Have you no shame? He scored 14 ppg in college. What shooting records are you talking about? His shot mechanics are the single worst the NBA has ever seen, outside of some 7'2" center. Jtoler, there's another new year coming our way soon--Why don't you make a resolution to stop being so dumb?!
    Nothing else to say, you obviously know nothing about bball, never played it, or anything. Anyone who has will tell you its about the follow through and thats what matters. Im sure youd make an excuse for Reggie Miller and say his "mechanics" were good since he was a great shooter. Of course you dont know about his shooting stats in college because like many you just came along for the ride once he got popular through his dad.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by bjb7223 View Post
    bench him now
    Yes, 11, 7, and 11 tonight. 50% from floor, bench him asap.

The Giant

Again how did he set shooting records in college that hadnt been done in 23 years if he cant shoot. .
    Link?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11850

Lonzo Ball played 38 minutes tonight, 11 points, 11 assists, 7 rebounds and 4 turnovers.. While Lonzo was on the court the Lakers were -1 points in differential.... Needless to say the Lakers gone blown out in Sac..

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/los-ang...gs-2017112223/

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Lonzo Ball played 38 minutes tonight, 11 points, 11 assists, 7 rebounds and 4 turnovers.. While Lonzo was on the court the Lakers were -1 points in differential.... Needless to say the Lakers gone blown out in Sac..

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/los-ang...gs-2017112223/
    Differential means nothing but if it did then that would point to the scrubs that got blown out when he was on the bench. Lonzo leads all rookies in blocked shots also by the way, pretty impressive.

The Giant

Again how did he set shooting records in college that hadnt been done in 23 years if he cant shoot.
    Still waiting on this link, pal.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13569

Check out the kid Tatum who the C's got at 3 and the LA pick by dropping down. Looking pretty good right now.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13188

Should have traded up and taken Fultz or maybe just kept Russell.

Pauulzcappin

larry nance, ingram and mozgov for brook 27th pick (which was kuzma) and you draft tatum

holy shit that would be actually something

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13188

Quote Originally Posted by Madison View Post
    Celtics own the pic no? I think C's if between 2-5.
    Correct - the Lakers do not own that pick and have no reason to tank. In fact they should play as well as they can to screw the pick up.

jtoler

Haters mum on Ball's game winning assist last night.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Haters mum on Ball's game winning assist last night.
    just like your mum on how you proved yourself to be a liar again, it was just today too.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I don’t even know how is in the NBA he’s terrible he couldn’t start for college teams many of them

tokio
    tokio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2886

he has no fierce drive in him when i watch him play. PGs should be controlling the tempo of the game and this kid just doesn't have it. he seems to just be dribbling the ball up and down the court, win or lose its whatever mentality

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by tokio View Post
    he has no fierce drive in him when i watch him play. PGs should be controlling the tempo of the game and this kid just doesn't have it. he seems to just be dribbling the ball up and down the court, win or lose its whatever mentality
    He's putting up 9,7, and 7, if it was anybody else flirting with a triple double nightly youd be salivating. Just wait till the shooting percentages get corrected.

First 123