Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

I hate watching James Harden play basketball

I live in Houston and I like the Rockets but I absolutely hate watching Harden play basketball. His entire game is pushing his arms and elbows out at defenders to draw fouls. He waits for a defender to have his hands out and he sweeps his arms and jacks up a BS shot. Dude had 6 FG's earlier in this game but like 35 points because he shot like 21 free throws. Then he does this bullshit Euro step in which he will slide back and forth only to run into you. I don't even like going to Rocket games anymore because it's watching him shoot free throws. His game has ruined Rocket basketball for me.

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Harden is a monster.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

He was ahead of his time, now half the league is doing it.

i thought his game was ugly back at arizona st.

Still like watching houston this year just because of the system with dantoni. but agree 100% with your point.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    Harden is a monster.
    Yes he is but I still hate his game. It is an awful look. Boring as hell. I can't even go to Rocket games as a result. All Rocket games turn into free throw exhibitions. Pitiful.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Youre not the only one really. Alot of the calls he gets arnt fouls really. He only scores a couple ways, driving off screen or 3 pointers. Do you ever see highlight film of Harden, which is another reason Russ should get MVP running away. With that said the way he plays is effective. Old man game as they labeled him at OKC.

Booya711
    Big Dikk Energy
    Booya711's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16097

Just think what could have been for OKC...had Harden, Westbrook, and Durant

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by krk1030 View Post
    He was ahead of his time, now half the league is doing it.
    i thought his game was ugly back at arizona st.
    Still like watching houston this year just because of the system with dantoni. but agree 100% with your point.
    Which is why the league is going into the shitter to me. It's like watching college, which is another horrible watch. The NCAA national title game had 44 fouls called out of 71 possessions. I haven't even looked at the stats in this game but it's probably similar. Every Harden game is a free throw snoozer. I like to watch basketball, not flailing arms and guys intentionally trying to throw themselves into people.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Amen to that. He doesn't play basketball. He plays a FT, and 3 point contest. Worst player to watch in the league. Well, a few other are up there.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Booya711 View Post
    Just think what could have been for OKC...had Harden, Westbrook, and Durant
    OKC not paying Harden is most likely why Durant left. That was probably the most expensive mistake a franchise has ever made in the NBA and there's been a lot of horrible mistakes made over the years.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Harden 19x more effective than Westbrook

Not even in same league

ManOfValue
    ManOfValue's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1796

That kid was defending him well down the streth. OKC woudl be stupid not to continue that. #21

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Youre not the only one really. Alot of the calls he gets arnt fouls really. He only scores a couple ways, driving off screen or 3 pointers. Do you ever see highlight film of Harden, which is another reason Russ should get MVP running away. With that said the way he plays is effective. Old man game as they labeled him at OKC.
    The refs need to let half of that shit go. It's ruining the league. They reward shit that annoys the fans. It's basically offensive flopping. I hate offensive and defensive flopping. It's deceptive and tries to fool the refs. Harden knows this and laughs/smirks while he gets away with it. Where I grew up we had one rule... "no blood no foul". You would get bitch slapped out of the gym trying to draw a damn foul. Play the fukk on. Foul calls mess up a good game. You can't even get a sweat with all that bullshit. Let the shit go and it all evens out in the end.

This game tonight was like watching UNC/Gonzaga all over again. How the fukk did Harden have 36 points on just 4 fukking FG's in the 3rd quarter? Refs need to swallow their damn whistle.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Harden 19x more effective than Westbrook
    Not even in same league
    Who would you rather watch? Harden is the worst watch in the NBA IMO. He ruins it for me. Nothing he does gets me excited. Sure Lebron can be a little flopping bitch too BUT he can pump up the crowd with a thunderous dunk or blocked shot. Westbrook, John Wall are going balls to the wall, hair on fire attacking the rim with OMG dunks. Steph Curry shooting lights out is a marvel feat. Harden's most exciting play is standing on the fukking free throw line.

7deuceoff$uit
    7deuceoff$uit's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 412

I like Harden for the sheer fact I like overs.

jts1207
    jts1207's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 242

He is the basketball equivalent of Floyd Mayweather.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by jts1207 View Post
    He is the basketball equivalent of Floyd Mayweather.
    Great analogy. He is exactly like Floyd. You pay to watch him be boring as shit and you never get out of your seat. All they care about is cashing a check and could care less about entertaining the fans. My son begged me to go to this game tonight. I said hell no, I'm not watching Harden shoot free throws all damn night. I had the game on 2 TV's. He stopped watching after the 1st quarter.

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 350

Lol. Harden is terrible to watch. Unreal player though.

wikkidinsane
    wikkidinsane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Quote Originally Posted by 7deuceoff$uit View Post
    I like Harden for the sheer fact I like overs.
    HAHA. I like how you think

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by wikkidinsane View Post
    HAHA. I like how you think
    Did the game go over tonight? For some reason I thought there may have been some shenanigans at the end with Harden missing those 2 free throws. Fukking refs call a foul with like 1 second left to put Harden on the line even at the end of the game. Unreal shit tonight. I'm still salty how horrible that game was tonight.

pilebuck13
    pilebuck13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1717

Harden has off nights he will collapse game 3

Draymond green annoys me more. Guy needs to meet a bully to punk on him

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by pilebuck13 View Post
    Harden has off nights he will collapse game 3Draymond green annoys me more. Guy needs to meet a bully to punk on him
    Yeah, Draymond can be very annoying, especially if he's not on your team BUT Harden is fukking annoying even when he's on your team. Harden's game is so boring, it puts me to sleep. I'll at least stay up to watch Draymond to see what he may do next. The only thing Harden's going to do is flail his way to the free throw line.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

NBA and college need to like merge the way they call continuation.

both are so extreme one way or the other. Just call it with some damn common sense. anyone watching can tell if the guy was shooting or not.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by krk1030 View Post
    NBA and college need to like merge the way they call continuation.
    both are so extreme one way or the other. Just call it with some damn common sense. anyone watching can tell if the guy was shooting or not.
    I say just stop calling it at all. Let them play. This fukking Portland GSW game is turning into a free throw exhibition too and GS is up 29 points. WTF? It's as if the refs are getting paid per whistle. Let the shit go and it equals out in the end. Basketball is a contact sport, there's going to be contact. They might as well put on skirts. The WNBA plays with more contact than this shit.

Same shit goes for football. Pass interference is ruining the damn game. QB throws a pass and players on both sides are lobbying for a flag afterwards. You're sitting at home holding your breath hoping that a phantom flag doesn't come out of nowhere. So you don't enjoy the plays anymore because you're waiting for yellow flags.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2264

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Which is why the league is going into the shitter to me. It's like watching college, which is another horrible watch. The NCAA national title game had 44 fouls called out of 71 possessions. I haven't even looked at the stats in this game but it's probably similar. Every Harden game is a free throw snoozer. I like to watch basketball, not flailing arms and guys intentionally trying to throw themselves into people.
    Yeah why college decided a couple years ago to be more like the NBA with fouls baffles me. I thought it was awesome when it stood on its own.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

It went over I was a little worried had Rockets -1.5 live bet if OKC calls timeout I am in trouble

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

mac
    don't hate the player hate the game

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

creating ways to pick up fouls is a big part of his game but that's because NBA is a bad product not his fault

Obama developed the "something for nothing" attitude still prevalent in the league

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He is very effective

gets to the hole better than anyone in league except Iving

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

u guys r nuts.

Harden just following the example set for him by kobe and he's damn good at it. Probably the best scorer along with durant

Draymond green is a beast and one of the best overall players in the nba. Everything he does is to gain an edge, a true warrior and heart and soul of dub nation

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9120

Unfortunately that is how basketball is played now. Blame the players or blame the rules for allowing it to happen? either way, we are getting a watered down version of the sport. It sucks but reality is it will be considered "smart basketball" flopping, drawing bs fouls are effective ways to contribute to your win with minimal energy used.

marcoloco

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post

Harden just following the example set for him by kobe and he's damn good at it.
    I agree man. Kobe did that a lot. Fisher & Vlade were the first I remember seeing flop. Maybe Rodman sometimes too but he rarely got the calls for it.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10440

all in all he may be best player in the nba

biggie12
    biggie12's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1204

Alot of hate for harden. Players cant adjust to his tyoe of play. Give him space its either foul or give up 2. Only thing harden needs to work on is taking contested 28 ft shots

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

Take harden out of the title. Will sound better
    Points Awarded:

biggie12 gave lakerboy 24 Betpoint(s) for this post.

marcoloco

12 Last