Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 384

Stephen A. Smith Says Michael Beasley Must Be Smoking Weed Again

Just days after Michael Beasley said if the Knicks keep fading star Carmelo Anthony, they can comfortably make the playoffs with “four” players who can score 25 points per game, ESPN beef-stirrer Stephen A. Smith dissected Beasley’s overly optimistic comments by suggesting Beasley is smoking weed again.

And then Beasley punched back, calling Smith “a liar” and immature for bringing up past mistakes.

“He’s a liar, bro. Stephen A. Smith is a liar,” Beasley said on a SLAM Magazine podcast. “I love the words he uses. I love how adamant he is, especially when he’s wrong. Because if you’re not going to stand for yourself, who is going to stand for you? But literally, I’ve sat next to guys he was on the TV talking about. [Smith is saying], ‘Man I just got a phone call from this guy,’ and literally I’m next to the guy. [He says], ‘Man, I ain’t ever been in a room with this guy.’

“It’s like bro, why does what you say hold credit, when literally everybody knows you’re lying about it? I wouldn’t have even said that if he didn’t say what he said today.”

Earlier, Smith had picked apart Beasley for his wishful thinking for the Knicks.

“Evidently, he’s smokin’ something,” Smith chimed on his ESPN radio show. “Did you hear what he has to say, ladies and gentlemen? The man went on the record and said that he believes that the New York Knicks have FOUR 25 points-per-game scorers. Four. Who dat? Who are these people? Who? Cause I don’t see them? I don’t know what the hell he’s talking about.”

Beasley, who thinks he can become an All-Star with more playing time, said that he, Tim Hardaway Jr., Kristaps Porzingis and Anthony can put up 100 points per game.

Smith, a Knicks fan, slammed the forward and even suggested that the 10-year veteran cannot be sober after making such “ignorant” comments.

“I instantly thought he should’ve been tested … if I were the league office, I’d have him investigated and tested for weed now. I really do, I’d have someone over there at the Knicks practice facility or wherever the hell he was, he’d be putting something in a bottle for me right now. Something’s not right,” Smith said.

Beasley took exception for Smith bringing up his history with marijuana, which the Kansas State product said has been “years removed.”

“You can say whatever you want, bro, but when you take my name and say weed or anything negative, A., that continuously paints the wrong perception of who I am as a person and who I am morally,” Beasley said. “And then B., I had to explain to my daughter what weed was. Is that my fault or is that his? It’s like, bro, I understand you got a job to do and I understand you got money to make and kids to feed – I don’t know if he has kids, but I do. And the more you paint me in a negative light, the less money I can make to feed those kids.”

Smith recently got in some hot water for mocking Lamar Odom’s drug problem as a way to attack former Knicks president Phil Jackson. Lesson not learned.

Beasley, whose career has been marred by marijuana-related incidents, is now waiting for an apology after he released a video on Instagram calling out Smith.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Lucky Strike
    Lucky Strike's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Beasley should be commended for his delusional optimism. As far as Stephen A Smith goes, the guy has zero credibility and licks the taints of woman beaters.

As dumb as Beasley’s statement is, Stephen A Smith’s job security is just as head scratching.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Nothing wrong with being confident and optimistic. Smith is a loudmouth who wants the stories to be about him and not the sport itself. Complete waste of airtime.
    Points Awarded:

Bill Dozer gave Grits n' Gravy 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

KVB
    It's not what they bring...
    KVB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7576

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    ...“He’s a liar, bro. Stephen A. Smith is a liar,” Beasley said...

...But literally, I’ve sat next to guys he was on the TV talking about. [Smith is saying], ‘Man I just got a phone call from this guy,’ and literally I’m next to the guy. [He says], ‘Man, I ain’t ever been in a room with this guy.’

“It’s like bro, why does what you say hold credit, when literally everybody knows you’re lying about it?...

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

i think there should be a national holiday planned for the day after SAS is fired by ESPN....... absolutely no idea why ESPN thinks people like watching him. and he doesn't have the "love to hate him" angle. it's more like "get off my TV"

gojetsgomoxies

what's the deal with beasley? he says his per 36 minutes stats are good and lo and behold he's correct...... why hasn't he got more love from NBA GM/coaches? i'm guessing he's a bit of a head case but how bad?

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16154

Bad rep, and jump shot happy. Not a dynamic player really, but has his use as a poor-man's Anthony.

gojetsgomoxies

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    Bad rep, and jump shot happy. Not a dynamic player really, but has his use as a poor-man's Anthony.
    thx.......... i noticed his 3 pt % isn't very good. although my vague recollection is he doesn't take too many so it doesn't necessarily hurt his team....... seems like you have to be slasher or a 3 point threat these days to be extremely valuable on offense. derozan and a few other exceptions probably

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

He shot over 40% from 3 last year. Career 35%. The dude can score the ball. He is a thread to score 25 per game on this team. This is a guy whose per 36 was almost there by accident. No Beasley plays coming out of the triangle =P

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Ha look at that shirt...GOAT in NY. He is trolling everyone.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

How come reporters never ask guys like carmelo and d-wade if they are actually friends with screamin A smith?

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11850

I'm really surprised the NBA hasn't legalized weed yet.. Players should all take a knee.. Protest to legalize no?

Was never that impressed with his game.. Roll player off the bench maybe he is now a days... Good for the open shot..

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16154

We need to see more of taylor rooks.