Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

The Cavs got Derrick Rose for only 2.1 mill.???

A one year deal. That's the best he could do???

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9788

he wants a championship

Now they can trade kyrie and get other players

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 131

Why any team would sign him is beyond me. Bulls alone paid this guy hundreds of millions to sit in a suit on the sidelines. He might be the biggest waste of money in the history of the NBA. For awhile I couldn't tell if he was a fashion model or an actual player.
    Points Awarded:

lakerboy gave unde0087 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: TheMoneyShot

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He's terrible he couldn't even play in Europe

newguy
    [Too Long]
    newguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9990

Words are in wrong order. Cavs only got rose for $2.1?

Guy is a disaster.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

biggest quitter in the history of the NBA.

Bluehorseshoe

A guy who averaged 18 pts a game? The Knicks sat him at the end of the year.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3507

He already robbed the Bulls blind,taking 2 million to play on the Cavs isn't a bad send off.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    Why any team would sign him is beyond me. Bulls alone paid this guy hundreds of millions to sit in a suit on the sidelines. He might be the biggest waste of money in the history of the NBA. For awhile I couldn't tell if he was a fashion model or an actual player.
    Because he averages 18 ppg?

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7708

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Only you would defend Rose. You from Illinois?

unde0087
    Did we win?

He played in about 18 game a season. With the contracts he had earlier in his career he probably averaged being paid a million dollars a game. What does 18 ppg give a team when he sits out 70% of the season?

Bluehorseshoe

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Come on. Look at the contracts this year. Taking a chance on a guy who can score like him is a no brainer.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Not at all, I only defend people when there is obvious bias shown against them. Haters never bring up the fact that Rose has had a gazillion knee injuries/surgeries on both knees and its actually amazing that he's even in a starting rotation let alone averaging almost 20 ppg. I used to like watching him play before the injuries, he has alot of limits now so its not as fun to watch as before.

Bluehorseshoe

He played in about 18 game a season. With the contracts he had earlier in his career he probably averaged being paid a million dollars a game. What does 18 ppg give a team when he sits out 70% of the season?
    Again...It's only 2 mill. The Knicks sat him to dump at the end of last year.

RockBottom
    RockBottom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22623

Injuries ruined a great career.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    Come on. Look at the contracts this year. Taking a chance on a guy who can score like him is a no brainer.
    Taking 2.1 mil is Rose saying Im filthy rich I dont need the money. He's made 116 mil in the nba and has a 150 mil contract, still 2.1 mil is astray money compared to what he should be getting. Looks only to be thinking of a possible ring, but who wouldnt leave the Knicks for the Cavs for less money.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Bluehorseshoe

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    Again...It's only 2 mill. The Knicks sat him to dump at the end of last year.
    No one cares about last year man. I am talking about when he was in his prime and still couldn't stay on the floor. He could stub his toe and sit out 5 month. He is worthless, always was and always will be. Have to hand it to him though, has to be the richest player of all time to spend most of his career riding the pine.

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Derrick Rose has a better chance of being involved in a gangrape tonight than helping the Cleveland Cavaliers win an NBA championship.

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

He can't play anymore..he blows

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

guy had like his 5th-6th knee surgery in april 2017 after another season ending injury in March.

shot 21% from 3 point range last year. 29% for career. Cavs need MORE deep threats

no defense anymore

if he plays more than 8-12 mins per game, Cavs are in trouble

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

a few months back he thought he was going to get $150 million dollar contract.

his stupidity and lack of realizing that he isn't playing like he is 22 still, might be his biggest detriment to a contender

look at when he went to the Knicks and he thought they were a "super team" because of him being added...

unde0087
    Did we win?

Taking 2.1 mil is Rose saying Im filthy rich I dont need the money. He's made 116 mil in the nba and has a 150 mil contract, still 2.1 mil is astray money compared to what he should be getting. Looks only to be thinking of a possible ring, but who wouldnt leave the Knicks for the Cavs for less money.
    Ya and if that 150 mil contract had a games played clause in it he would probably received about 12 mil of it. Guy basically robbed Chicago out of that money. Guarantee he won't make it a month before he is out for 2 months with a hurt vag

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...iors/87453086/

“They’re high,”
    Rose said to NBA.com. “I mean, with these teams right now, they’re saying us and Golden State are the super teams, and they’re trying not to build that many super teams, and Adam Silver came out with the statement and this and that. … You’ve got Brandon (Jennings) who just signed for one year, he’s got to show why he’s there. I’ve got to show why I’m there. Joakim (Noah) has to show why he’s there. Everybody’s trying to prove themselves.”

jtoler

Ya and if that 150 mil contract had a games played clause in it he would probably received about 12 mil of it. Guy basically robbed Chicago out of that money. Guarantee he won't make it a month before he is out for 2 months with a hurt vag
    Before tearing acl, he played 81, 78, and 81 games. Nobody can help being injured, tearing acl's and mcl's on both knees is nothing to sneeze at, obviously you arnt the same as before. Does that make Rubio a bum or Bill Walton, Penny Hardaway or anyone a bum, it limits you and you do the best you can, nobody's career in the NBA has risen after an acl or mcl injury. Only at sbr can you find a former mvp with multiple injuries trashed and reduced to nothing.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Derrick Rose has a better chance of being involved in a gangrape tonight than helping the Cleveland Cavaliers win an NBA championship.
    Lol.

Bluehorseshoe

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    LOL

I'll put some money down on him having a solid year.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10300

D Rose has no conscience.
    Not a Bull's fan but he stuck it to them.
    Justice if he blows a wheel.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Cleveland franchise is going to fall apart very very soon

lakerboy

Rose. Dwill. Korver.

The Cavs love guys who used to be good

unde0087
    Did we win?

Before tearing acl, he played 81, 78, and 81 games. Nobody can help being injured, tearing acl's and mcl's on both knees is nothing to sneeze at, obviously you arnt the same as before. Does that make Rubio a bum or Bill Walton, Penny Hardaway or anyone a bum, it limits you and you do the best you can, nobody's career in the NBA has risen after an acl or mcl injury. Only at sbr can you find a former mvp with multiple injuries trashed and reduced to nothing.
    Obviously injuries hurt his career but when you are milking the Bulls dry at least act like you care. A few seasons ago he was cleared by doctors to play and still sat out for another month in the middle of their playoff push. Then he goes to the Knicks and doesn't show up for a game and no one even knows where he is. Then acts like it is all supposed to be no big deal. Hard to route for a guy that has been given everything yet still is all about himself.

Wheatgrass
    Wheatgrass's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 728

have to agree here. guy is not a stupid thug or an a-hole in any way. got hurt a bunch of times. not his fault. never understood the hate for him. i hope he puts max effort into this season, if he can play 15 minutes a night and shoot 50% like he did in NY then it will really help them

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

He will get hurt or get his feelings hurt. Bad move by both parties.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

I don't really see how a 1 year minimum deal can be bad.

He may end up being the starting PG when Irving is traded. Certainly a big downgrade there, bu5t you are not getting a better player for $2.1 mil.

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 422

Not a bad move by the cavs

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Obviously the Cavs got a good deal, but Rose has earned all the hatred towards him.

I can't forget Rose showing off by dunking before games in the playoffs (basically shoving it in everyone's face) and then refusing to play, despite being medically cleared.

I don't blame him for his injuries, I blame him for repeatedly quitting on his teams.

Don't forget him going MIA on the Knicks during the season. Disappeared and no one knew where he was.
    Points Awarded:

19th Hole gave yisman 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

123 Last