Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2368

this is how Rose viewed his priorities when he was collecting that money from the Bulls

he's too stupid to see how that would be viewed by fans buying the tickets to see his team play and paying him

“I feel I’ve been managing myself pretty good. I know a lot of people get mad when they see me sit out. But I think a lot of people don’t understand that when I sit out, it’s not because of this year. I’m thinking about long term. I’m thinking about after I’m done with basketball, having graduations to go to, having meetings to go to.
    “I don’t want to be in my meetings all sore or be at my son’s graduation all sore just because of something I did in the past. Just learning and being smart.

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

Rose didnt play despite being medically cleared because he wasn't in game shape - the Cavs would have killed the Bulls with or without Rose. The Rose contract is interesting - its fully guaranteed - if NBA contracts weren't guaranteed Rose probably gets 5 million.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    Why any team would sign him is beyond me. Bulls alone paid this guy hundreds of millions to sit in a suit on the sidelines. He might be the biggest waste of money in the history of the NBA. For awhile I couldn't tell if he was a fashion model or an actual player.
    D2Bets to chime in and defend Rose in 5.... 4...... 3..... 2.... 1......

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21653

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    D2Bets to chime in and defend Rose in 5.... 4...... 3..... 2.... 1......
    I already did. Scroll up. Obviously it's a good value signing for the Cavs.

lonegambler23
    Org Mafia
    lonegambler23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13520

hes worthless

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Rose 🌹

James a fake an injury next year so he has an after play a lot of games

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    this is how Rose viewed his priorities when he was collecting that money from the Bulls

he's too stupid to see how that would be viewed by fans buying the tickets to see his team play and paying him

“I feel I’ve been managing myself pretty good. I know a lot of people get mad when they see me sit out. But I think a lot of people don’t understand that when I sit out, it’s not because of this year. I’m thinking about long term. I’m thinking about after I’m done with basketball, having graduations to go to, having meetings to go to.
    “I don’t want to be in my meetings all sore or be at my son’s graduation all sore just because of something I did in the past. Just learning and being smart.
    Hah. Classic. The guy who had to have someone take the SAT for him to get into Memphis. Good ole Pay Pal Cal. That said, good signing for the money. Better than DWill, by far. They both got paid, and don't care but Rose still has some left in the tank when he plays.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 107

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    I don't really see how a 1 year minimum deal can be bad.

He may end up being the starting PG when Irving is traded. Certainly a big downgrade there, bu5t you are not getting a better player for $2.1 mil.
    Ya, you could, anyone that can actually start a season and finish one. Guarantee the guy doesn't play half the games next season if he starts for the Cavs. What would you rather have a 4 star PG, who will be there all season or a over the hill 5 star who is made of glass? Sure he might have a few games that wow people but everyone knows he won't be there when they will need him. If they trade Irving, the Cavs will be looking to sign another PG by the All Star break.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Ya, you could, anyone that can actually start a season and finish one. Guarantee the guy doesn't play half the games next season if he starts for the Cavs. What would you rather have a 4 star PG, who will be there all season or a over the hill 5 star who is made of glass? Sure he might have a few games that wow people but everyone knows he won't be there when they will need him. If they trade Irving, the Cavs will be looking to sign another PG by the All Star break.
    Name a better player that has signed or will sign a 1 year $2.1 mil deal or less. Name one. Go ahead.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

Raymond Felton signed 1 year, $2.3 mil - you'd rather have that dude? Michael Carter-Williams at $2.7 mil? That's the crap you're gonna get at that price. Rose may very well break down and give nothing. But he still does have upside that you are not getting elsewhere near that price. He still had his moments last season and may get better another year removed from injury. Obviously he's not Kyrie, but let's see what they get for him. They may end up better for making the change.
    Last edited by d2bets; 07-25-17 at 10:47 PM.

unde0087
    Did we win?

Name a better player that has signed or will sign a 1 year $2.1 mil deal or less. Name one. Go ahead.
    I get that 2.1 mil isn't a lot of money for an NBA franchise, that isn't what my point is. I guess I just would rather take the guy who I knew would actually be able to help the team for more than 20% of the season, especially since I am trading away my starting PG. I just believe it is completely naive to think this guy will actually make it to the playoffs let alone make a difference. If they want to throw a couple mil at him to watch him sit the bench more power to them. Still say by the All Star break they will be frantically looking for another PG

And yes, I would sign either one before Rose

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

I get that 2.1 mil isn't a lot of money for an NBA franchise, that isn't what my point is. I guess I just would rather take the guy who I knew would actually be able to help the team for more than 20% of the season, especially since I am trading away my starting PG. I just believe it is completely naive to think this guy will actually make it to the playoffs let alone make a difference. If they want to throw a couple mil at him to watch him sit the bench more power to them. Still say by the All Star break they will be frantically looking for another PG

And yes, I would sign either one before Rose
    Wow.

unde0087
    Did we win?

Wow.
    d2, let me ask you a question. You have two employees, worker #1 is a fast worker and is an all around better worker while on the job. Worker #2 is slower worker and you have to spend more time explaining things on the job. On the other hand, worker #1 calls in sick, has been late, and has no showed before while worker #2 is always on time and has perfect attendance. You have a huge season coming up and you have to choose one of these two to run the store while you aren't there. Who do you choose? Same exact thing, maybe more gets done in the short term with worker #1 but how can you honestly choose that person when you can't even be certain they will be there when you need them like worker #2. That is basically what you are doing with Rose. To me the downside is much, much worse than the upside.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO

d2, let me ask you a question. You have two employees, worker #1 is a fast worker and is an all around better worker while on the job. Worker #2 is slower worker and you have to spend more time explaining things on the job. On the other hand, worker #1 calls in sick, has been late, and has no showed before while worker #2 is always on time and has perfect attendance. You have a huge season coming up and you have to choose one of these two to run the store while you aren't there. Who do you choose? Same exact thing, maybe more gets done in the short term with worker #1 but how can you honestly choose that person when you can't even be certain they will be there when you need them like worker #2. That is basically what you are doing with Rose. To me the downside is much, much worse than the upside.
    Dumb comparison. At that price with the right expectations and approach, there is no downside. The potential upside obviously outweights the more likely downside. Sure, you know what you're getting with Raymond Felton. He'll be there. He'll play 10 minutes off the bench as the 11th man while you close your eyes. And that's that. Rose is a different animal. Obviously the range of his performance is much wider. But it's worth the minimal risk at that price.

Again, I'm not saying he will excel. 70% chance he contributes little or nothing. But it's that 10-15% chance at the other end of the spectrum that he re-discovers some of his form and is a force. It'll be interesting to watch.

unde0087
    Did we win?

Dumb comparison. At that price with the right expectations and approach, there is no downside. The potential upside obviously outweights the more likely downside. Sure, you know what you're getting with Raymond Felton. He'll be there. He'll play 10 minutes off the bench as the 11th man while you close your eyes. And that's that. Rose is a different animal. Obviously the range of his performance is much wider. But it's worth the minimal risk at that price.

Again, I'm not saying he will excel. 70% chance he contributes little or nothing. But it's that 10-15% chance at the other end of the spectrum that he re-discovers some of his form and is a force. It'll be interesting to watch.
    Agree to disagree there D2, we are pretty far apart on this one. If he had anything left he wouldn't be signing a bitch contract like this. As I stated before 2.1 isn't much for an NBA team so of course the money doesn't hurt the Cavs but they are trying to fix a massive hole with duck tape signing him.

But hey, miracles do happen, I guess you can bump this thread when he is an All Star next year

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by Wheatgrass View Post
    have to agree here. guy is not a stupid thug or an a-hole in any way. got hurt a bunch of times. not his fault. never understood the hate for him. i hope he puts max effort into this season, if he can play 15 minutes a night and shoot 50% like he did in NY then it will really help them
    not an a-hole in any way?

-cheated on sat's
    -had all of memphis' wins and championship forfeited because of him
    -wouldn't travel with the memphis team unless his brother got to fly too (blatant rules violation)
    -cheated on his pregnant fiancee with a stripper
    -pressured a woman into having sex with him and his dumbass buddies, many would call that rape

does this sound like a non-thug, non a-hole? and this is when he is on his best behavior in a court deposition

Q: So they just said, ‘Hey, it’s the middle of the night. Let’s go over to plaintiff’s house’ and they never gave you a reason why they wanted to go over there?’
    Rose: No, but we men. You can assume.
    Q: I’m sorry?
    Rose: I said we men. You can assume. Like we leaving to go over to someone’s house at 1 a.m., there’s nothing to talk about.

Q: All right. Is there  —  within what you just reviewed in those text messages — is there anything within them that would lead you to believe that plaintiff wanted to have sex with you and the other two defendants on Aug. 26, 2013?
    Rose: No.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Not denying it's a great deal at 2.1 million.

D Rose lost my respect years ago. Would love to see Lebron go off on ROSE when he takes a play off. The guy takes a lot of plays off during a game.

The guy will be 29 years old entering the new season. He plays weak for his age.

milwaukee mike

i'd like to make 1 more point about people that say derrick rose's injuries were all misfortune, bad luck, etc...

they were the result of a lazy, selfish human being that never properly trained... all the b.s. about how hard d-rose worked to get to the nba is a load of crap, he was always mentally lazy which is why he never did his homework or put in the time and effort to train properly to avoid injuries

"From high school, college and to now, I really haven't been lifting weights. That hasn't been a big thing for me."

JaimeMiro
    JaimeMiro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Funniest thing about this thread is hearing degenerate gamblers talk about a, 'sure thing'... Cavs got a good deal for someone who's supposed to be at his peak and a former MVP. Add to that, he's playing with Lebron and knows they're here to win. JR had one of the worst reputations in the NBA, what's the worst thing he's done in the last 2 years? Take his shirt off at a Championship parade?.. Winning changes people... Just look at the beast Durant's become.

vividjohn45
    vividjohn45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Cleveland franchise is going to fall apart very very soon
    Yah. Lebron end up playing for the pelicans or bucks with rose

vividjohn45
    vividjohn45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Quote Originally Posted by JaimeMiro View Post
    Funniest thing about this thread is hearing degenerate gamblers talk about a, 'sure thing'... Cavs got a good deal for someone who's supposed to be at his peak and a former MVP. Add to that, he's playing with Lebron and knows they're here to win. JR had one of the worst reputations in the NBA, what's the worst thing he's done in the last 2 years? Take his shirt off at a Championship parade?.. Winning changes people... Just look at the beast Durant's become.
    Hey man durant was mvp at okc and they played .600+ ball at okc. Durant sold okc out becuz he liked to ball with green of g.s. up 3-1 in west finals hanging out with green post games. B.s guy who traitors his team who paid him well.

JaimeMiro
    JaimeMiro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

OKC could've won the WCF in 2016... The point is they didn't! Durant is traitor for joining a team that basically guaranteed a finals appearance/ring, I get that. Just don't deny the fact that GSW has him playing like the best player in the world just because of their system. Only if he'd joined the Spurs would've things got messy for GSW/Cavs. Also people should be blaming OKC for that mess as they have a bad track record.

History, after-all is written by the victor.
    Last edited by JaimeMiro; 07-26-17 at 01:53 PM.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Last edited by jtoler; 07-26-17 at 02:49 PM. Reason: done educating racists

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by vividjohn45 View Post
    Yah. Lebron end up playing for the pelicans or bucks with rose
    i would like to see lebron playing for the bucks, heck of an idea!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11850

Rose is a shell of himself, an injury waiting to happen, a player that is out many games do to rest, injury and or maybe even family problems.. He'll be injured by playoff time and can't be counted on.. 2.1 Mill is paying to much for that garbage..

Liability

milwaukee mike

we MEN

what else would men do at 1 am? only thing to do is go gang rape a passed out drunk girl, everyone knows that's what men do

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Let's not forget how dumb Rose is , I think he has about a fourth grade education.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

This thread is hilarious.

Rose has played 64+ games each of the last 2 seasons yet somehow everyone is assuming a long term injury will happen.

So many idiots on this site.

From a basketball standpoint it's a shitty fit though. But obviously you'd do it anyway at the minimum.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Wow.
    Stopped even reading that guy's posts from there. Anyone who would take MCW over literally any player should not be allowed to talk about basketball.

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    Stopped even reading that guy's posts from there. Anyone who would take MCW over literally any player should not be allowed to talk about basketball.

This whole Lebron will leave Cleveland in a year thing needs to go away - Lebron will never go to the Western conference as long as Golden State is the best team in basketball. Lebron cares so much about public perception and his legacy and he knows as long as he stays in the East and gets to the Finals every year all the media fools will keep saying how incredible his 9 straight trips to the finals are despite playing garbage teams every year to get there. He'll never play in the West and risk losing in the second round, he takes the easy way out every time.

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    This whole Lebron will leave Cleveland in a year thing needs to go away - Lebron will never go to the Western conference as long as Golden State is the best team in basketball. Lebron cares so much about public perception and his legacy and he knows as long as he stays in the East and gets to the Finals every year all the media fools will keep saying how incredible his 9 straight trips to the finals are despite playing garbage teams every year to get there. He'll never play in the West and risk losing in the second round, he takes the easy way out every time.
    what team in the west (with lebron added to it) would lose in the 2nd round? and who would they lose to?

2nd round opponents this year would've been utah or the clippers (if lebron team was 2nd seed)... those teams were no better than boston, toronto, wiz

thomorino

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    what team in the west (with lebron added to it) would lose in the 2nd round? and who would they lose to?

2nd round opponents this year would've been utah or the clippers (if lebron team was 2nd seed)... those teams were no better than boston, toronto, wiz

Did you miss the playoffs - Houston, San Antonio, and Golden State were all second round teams - Lebron could also play Golden State in the second round.

The Hat
    Washington
    The Hat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    Rose has played 64+ games each of the last 2 seasons yet somehow everyone is assuming a long term injury will happen.
    That's exactly why a long term injury is anticipated by many. He'll be 29 yrs old. Has had multiple surgeries as well as other injuries in the past. PG position is the most taxing position in the sport on the body. His knees are not getting stronger

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by thomorino View Post
    Did you miss the playoffs - Houston, San Antonio, and Golden State were all second round teams - Lebron could also play Golden State in the second round.
    i was asking you which team from the west you would put lebron on, and they would be the 4/5 seed which would have to play golden state in the 2nd round.

i was assuming lebron's team would be the #2 seed in the west if you read my whole post

First 123 Last