Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

Show Of Hands For Any Non-Lakers Fans Who Are Rooting For Lonzo Ball

I try not to be a hater but, damn, this kid is a tough one to root for... .....thanks to Dad. My guess is he'll never be able to score in the NBA (not with that shot!) but he'll be an average to above-average pass-first point guard. Based on where he was drafted he'll be considered a bust.

If the Dad ever started bangin' Kris Jenner it would officially mark the beginning of the apocalypse.

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma
    gauchojake's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13300

There are no heroes without villains

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23996

I cannot lose in this situation....

Can't stand the Lakers, and even more can't stand Lavar.....

But I went to UCLA

So i win no matter what happens...

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Lavar ball vs Conor mcgregor

Better shit talker?

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I can't stand a father who is outspoken. The son is just a basic player from college. Won't go anywhere unless he puts on at least 20-30 lbs of size.

That's just ridiculous even saying. Kid needs to put on 30 pounds? You can't make this sh#$ up.

Perhaps he needs to stop looking into the mirror for 3 hours every day... and use that time to hit the weights?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He seems big time

I will give in

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

I feel bad for De'Arron Fox because he's going to absolutely SUCK in the NBA.

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Like the way he plays

Wheatgrass
    Wheatgrass's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 728

Lonzo cant play any defense and he never will.........he might put up some good stats but he will never be a winner

b1slickguy
    WDKYWMYAK
    b1slickguy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29800

If he continues to wear Curry's shoes I'll root for him.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Another clueless threadstarter.

Harry N. Lloyd

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Another clueless threadstarter.
    Oh please teach us the proper way, Sensei......

gauchojake
    Have Some Asthma

Quote Originally Posted by Wheatgrass View Post
    Lonzo cant play any defense and he never will.........he might put up some good stats but he will never be a winner
    Oh shit seriously??? I was under the impression that when Mag and Rob were hanging in the war room high-fiving they had just got themselves a lock down defender at #2. I guess they'll have to reevaluate.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by Harry N. Lloyd View Post
    Oh please teach us the proper way, Sensei......
    Well lets break down what you said. You say you cant root for a guy because of his father, well how weak and silly is that. Then you say he wont be able to score because of his shot, Im guessing you mean the way it looks, you dont find it aestetically pleasing, well neither do I, but he's done well with it, Reggie Miller didnt have a beautiful shot either besides its not where you start the shot rather where you finish, he follows through and ends up pretty much like any shooter. Where in the draft do you think Ball should have been taken.

bonzaii
    bonzaii's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 287

I won't be rooting for him but I won't be hating on him either. He looked phenomenal for most of his time at UCLA when I watched him play. The dude can drain it from deep, attack the basket at times, and is an extraordinary passer and player while on the fast break. With how the Warriors have changed the game in the NBA over the last few years, his game really translates well to today's NBA. with more spacing and more outside shooting. I expect him to be an above PGs in the NBA in a few years even with his poor defense.

Jeffie
    Jeffie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1163

As a laker fan I'm much more excited for Kuzma than I am Ball.

gojetsgomoxies
    gojetsgomoxies's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8519

it's going to be very interesting with his strengths and weaknesses playing in LA

but let's not hate on the kid because of his father...... i feel bad for him and may root for him because of his father. and then i'll hate it when father gloats.

Shute
    Shute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10862

Too early to tell
    Let it play out
    No one likes an attention whore
    Great theature for sure

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

I start to think about rooting for the kid, and then the image of his annoying dad pops up and I want it to go away, so I curse Lonzo.

jjgold

He is good for league

I had no interest in summer league until I knew he was playing

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

If the kid can ball the kid can ball, his father or whoever else has nothing to do with the product on the court. Just the nba version of cam newton

jjgold

MVP summer league

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

He looks like he can be a walking over

he can pass his ass off and his scoring ability is only going to get better.

Lonzo isn't going to be earning any 1st team defense votes anytime soon.

Harry N. Lloyd

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Well lets break down what you said. You say you cant root for a guy because of his father, well how weak and silly is that. Then you say he wont be able to score because of his shot, Im guessing you mean the way it looks, you dont find it aestetically pleasing, well neither do I, but he's done well with it, Reggie Miller didnt have a beautiful shot either besides its not where you start the shot rather where you finish, he follows through and ends up pretty much like any shooter. Where in the draft do you think Ball should have been taken.
    You're really drinking the kool-aid if you're mentioning Lonzo in the same breath as Reggie Miller, one the best shooters of all time. Reggie's shot was a bit unorthodox, but he wasn't a righty shooting across his body from the wrong side. Ball averaged 14ppg in a weak college conference. For cripes sakes, Pete Maravich averaged 44 over 4 years, without a 3 point line or a shot clock! Lonzo cannot shoot or defend (yet). Shouldn't have been drafted so high. More hype than anything.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Quote Originally Posted by funnyb25 View Post
    I cannot lose in this situation....

Can't stand the Lakers, and even more can't stand Lavar.....

But I went to UCLA

So i win no matter what happens...
    no way someone as white as you goes to UCLA

NEXT

Seaweed
    Update your status
    Seaweed's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6952

He will be average

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by Harry N. Lloyd View Post
    You're really drinking the kool-aid if you're mentioning Lonzo in the same breath as Reggie Miller, one the best shooters of all time. Reggie's shot was a bit unorthodox, but he wasn't a righty shooting across his body from the wrong side. Ball averaged 14ppg in a weak college conference. For cripes sakes, Pete Maravich averaged 44 over 4 years, without a 3 point line or a shot clock! Lonzo cannot shoot or defend (yet). Shouldn't have been drafted so high. More hype than anything.
    You guys are always twisting words. I said nothing about Lonzo being in the same breath as a player as Miller only that their jump shots are not orthodox. What makes you say he cant shoot, Im wondering if you have even seen him play much, he shot 73% from 2 at UCLA, when is the last time a guard did that. 41% from 3, good also. If you ask anyone his positives passing and shooting are gonna come up. Not sure what Maravich has anything to do with this, on second thought now I kinda do.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 408

An electric playmaker with full-court vision and a knack for dishing apples, the expectations were already high for the No. 2-overall pick.

They just got a little higher.

“He enhances everybody on the court,” Lakers assistant and Hall of Fame member James Worthy said of Ball, according to TMZ Sports. “We haven’t had someone with that type of talent really since Magic.”

You can already hear sobbing Lakers fans, lower-lip quivers and all, screaming with rage while pointing back at the Kobe Bryant poster hanging above their family room mantles.

Worthy opened the door for sizing Lonzo’s talent to Kobe’s in that the assistant haphazardly sidestepped the Black Mamba era and traced back to the mid-80s to find the last Lakers great.