jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    if he doesn't win rookie of the year and bring the Lakers to the playoffs then it won't stop toler. I will make damn sure of it. Producing won't be nearly enough
    Thats fine and I wont stop calling out the biasness either. Lebron didnt make the playoffs in year 1 nor year 2, but I understand somebody gotta hate.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 181

unde0087
    Did we win?

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Thats fine and I wont stop calling out the biasness either. Lebron didnt make the playoffs in year 1 nor year 2, but I understand somebody gotta hate.
    got nothing against him, but I now want to see him fail epicly so his dad ends up a broke dik fuk double handing in a gloryhole somewhere

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by unde0087 View Post
    got nothing against him, but I now want to see him fail epicly so his dad ends up a broke dik fuk double handing in a gloryhole somewhere
    You should ignore dad, he's jus trolling. Its no different than internet trolling he's just doing it on television.

unde0087
    Did we win?

You should ignore dad, he's jus trolling. Its no different than internet trolling he's just doing it on television.
    No, i love it, his son isn't even close to as good as he claims, his younger son is even a bigger loser, he is going to bury the whole family by the end of this. It just doesn't get any better than this toler, it really doesn't

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 362

Quote Originally Posted by manny24 View Post
    Otto are you still going to wear your Lonzo I's at the playground courts?
    Haven't got a pair yet. Still might when they go on clearance

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He needed 3 years of college like most players do

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

The kid absolutely sucks. Someone break that twig in half.

jjgold

His brothers are worse

All hype social media athletes

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

Didn't see him play much during the season but was completely dominated in the tourney game vs. Kentucky. Guy has size (6'6) but really needs to bulk up a bit. Hate to say it but, because of his father, would love to see him fall flat on his face. His comments after last nights game were just laughable

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23924

We got games

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

I heard 1-11 for 3's during one of the highlight videos lol

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    I heard 1-11 for 3's during one of the highlight videos lol
    Yup, and they showed all 11 misses in the highlight....they didn't show the 1 make

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

He's a gimmick not a player

Guaranteed full house every night

jtoler

sbr is not known for prognostication. Lonzo will be fine, shameless kneejerk reactions are a thing here. He will have a fine rookie season barring injury, he's that good of a pg.

jjgold

I'm sure average eight assess but who knows how effective

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3229

sbr is not known for prognostication. Lonzo will be fine, shameless kneejerk reactions are a thing here. He will have a fine rookie season barring injury, he's that good of a pg.
    Do not know about that JT. It's was only one game but Fox schooled him in the NCAA Tournament game. He also has a weird shot and his Dad is putting a lot of pressure on him. He has done nothing in this league and he is getting a lot of press. Would not be surprised if he does not live up the hype his Dad has created.
    Last edited by Easy-Rider 66; 07-08-17 at 10:51 AM.

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by Easy-Rider 66 View Post
    Do not know about that JT. It's was only one game but Fox schooled him in the NCAA Tournament game. He also has a weird shot and his Dad is putting a lot of pressure on him. He has done nothing in this league and he is getting a lot of press. Would not be surprised if he does not live up the hype his Dad has created.
    Only thing is his dad didnt create the hype, Lonzo created his own hype. Lonzo was the high school Naismith Award winner(he won just about every award), finalist as a freshman for the Naismith Award in college, set the Pac-10 record for assists as a freshman. Unselfish players like him that make plays and can shoot is not seen every day in the league. I see his last college game as being a emotionally drained nervous Ball who had kinda already checked out and was probably consumed somewhat by the pressure. I watched Deandre Fox quite a bit last year, score first pg who doesnt make plays, doesnt really get any assists, and doesnt look to make plays. He's quick but he's not gonna be able to get away with what he was doing in college, he's also not a good enough shooter at least yet. His whole game was about driving. If I remember correctly, Fox seems to always drive left also, make him dribble with his right hand or go right, like Dante Exum who seemed to dribble with one hand, then youll see problems.
    Last edited by jtoler; 07-08-17 at 12:03 PM.

slambam
    slambam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

I don't see what he has he done that people think he'll be fine in the NBA. Because he can pass? They drafted him #2 because he's ability to pass? Lol. Plus he had like 6 turnovers yesterday. Guy is a liability on D, and is not a scorer. I'm glad Magic feel into the trap, he's a clown also.

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

jtoler

Quote Originally Posted by slambam View Post
    I don't see what he has he done that people think he'll be fine in the NBA. Because he can pass? They drafted him #2 because he's ability to pass? Lol. Plus he had like 6 turnovers yesterday. Guy is a liability on D, and is not a scorer. I'm glad Magic feel into the trap, he's a clown also.
    Point guards are supposed to make plays. Jason Kidd was drafted #2 because of his ability to pass. Gary Payton was drafted #2 because of his ability to pass. What are you missing here? You think basketball is all about scoring? He's gonna score also, he is a better shooter than them both. He, Magic, Payton, and Kidd all had comparable college freshmen stats. The kid's gonna be fine.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!

We got games

jtoler

jtoler

As stated it is only marketing. May not like the way he went about doing it, but all pub is good pub is what they tell us.

In the lead up to the NBA Draft in June, there was some increasing intrigue over whether the Los Angeles Lakers would take a player other than Lonzo Ball with the second pick.
    Ball had seemed like the obvious choice for months — a flashy, pass-first point guard who grew up in Chino Hills, California, and starred at UCLA.
    However, in addition to a deep and talented draft class, another revelation raised concerns for some — Lonzo's father, LaVar.
    As LaVar Ball increasingly became a national media figure for his outspoken and sometimes controversial promotion of his family brand, Big Ball Brand, some felt that he may be a distraction and unwanted voice around any team that drafted Lonzo.
    However, according to ESPN's Ramona Shelburne, the Lakers and president Magic Johnson's fears were assuaged when Johnson and LaVar had a sit-down talk and LaVar made a rare, honest confession to Magic: it's all marketing.

"But when the Lakers came to his house, LaVar broke character — or caricature — and said the one thing professional hype masters never reveal.
    "'He just said it's marketing,' Johnson says. 'That's what he had to do to market not only his son but the brand. Before I met him I had already thought that. I already knew what he was doing.'
    "But hearing it straight from LaVar's mouth helped put Johnson and Pelinka at ease.
    "As Johnson recalls, 'He said, "Earvin, look, I'm not following my son. I'm not going to be hanging out in L.A. I'm going to be training these young kids [his other sons].'""
    Additionally, LaVar told Shelburne that he told Johnson that Lonzo was in Johnson's hands now.
    "'As far as training my boy, this is as far as I can take him,' LaVar says he told Johnson. 'I'll leave it up to you to take him further. You can get him better with the film time and the coaching. You can take him to another level.'"
    "'I trust you with my boy. I just got a great feeling that you guys are going to take Zo to a whole other level.'"

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

He went 2/15.
    "It's gotta be the shoes"

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

I can see Lonzo Ball having a nervous breakdown in the near future, melting under the pressure, and then appearing on a '30 for 30' in about 15 years. He'll be smiling, the happiest you've ever seen him. Sitting across the table, holding hands with his life partner, Steve. He'll talk about how he's finally at a good point in his life, being who he really is, and he's back talking to his dad once or twice a month, no longer blaming him for the ridiculousness of the past.
    Points Awarded:

19th Hole gave The Giant 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Tmuston Beltics
    Tmuston Beltics's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by funnyb25 View Post
    Yup, and they showed all 11 misses in the highlight....they didn't show the 1 make

Dam brutal

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

anything from here forward a huge success nice work again Lavarr pressure switch off

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16130

Lakers were up 49-41 at the half. Then his daddy sat down with the announcers and the more he talked the worse they played.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16130

I saw bits of all the games yesterday. Fox was the most impressive out of all players (rookies/ sophs etc). Great competitor, great speed, court vision. Great pick by the Kings -first time for everything.

jtoler

Yes, he's very fast forceful attacker, shot mid range good, went right a bit. Big heart he'll be good just would like to see him make plays more, think he's like a Westbrook though in the sense that he's so fast and knows he can take his man that its just too hard to pass up.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

One thing is for sure... The Balls really bring out the fans. That was the most exciting summer league game I've ever seen and I've been to a bunch of them. The crowd was freaking electric. When have you ever heard "defense" in a summer league? That was very exciting to watch, which is hard to do.

I saw some good things from Ball, dare I say magic like. But his shot is horrific. His mechanics has to many moving parts. I don't think he'll ever be a great shooter with that hitch. He needs to seriously consider changing it.

jjgold

UFC is a dead product now, I think the woman are more of a dry now

Mac leaving was a tremendous blow

Plaza23
    Plaza23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13787

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    Didn't see him play much during the season but was completely dominated in the tourney game vs. Kentucky. Guy has size (6'6) but really needs to bulk up a bit. Hate to say it but, because of his father, would love to see him fall flat on his face. His comments after last nights game were just laughable
    That's the thing. Regardless of how he played last night, his athletic limitations are always going to be there. If you are 6'6 and not explosive, and can't blow by your defender in the NBA, you will be complete garbage as an NBA PG. If Lonzo is lucky, he might have a career like Shaun Livingston, and be that type of player. Otherwise, he's going to struggle mightily and his dad's comments will only make it worse.

I don't know why the Lakers have had such dumbass mgmt the last several years. They draft players that aren't athletic enough to play the positions they are designed to play. Julius Randle was was too short to be a 4, and he can't shoot either (so he can't be a stretch 4). Lakers still draft him. D'Angelo Russell was way too slow to play the PG, and as a SG he's nothing special either. Lakers still draft him. Lonzo, clearly not quick enough to play PG in the NBA, and yet the Lakers still take him.

The only Laker pick, of the last 4 years, who has the pre-requisite athleticism to play the position they were drafted for has been Brandon Ingram, and it's no surprise he looks the best out of all the guys the Lakers have drafted.

jtoler

^^^Nothing you said is correct.

First 1234 Last