Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 408

Kevin Durant Taking Less Money Got Me Thinking

They have several shows on TV this morning talking about how Kevin Durant took $10 million less than he could of, so they could sign Shaun Livingston and Andre Iguodala. Very admirable move by Durant IMO. The question I have is what is to keep these owners from maybe paying these players the money back after they retire? If I were an owner, I would let the player have an "advisory" position after their career and maybe pay them $1-2 million a year to make up that difference. Doesn't go against the salary cap, and the player still gets the money deferred. As a player, I probably wouldn't mind it, hearing all the stories of investments that go bad.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Pinoy-T-X

seaborneq
    It's time to collect
    seaborneq's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13422

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    They have several shows on TV this morning talking about how Kevin Durant took $10 million less than he could of, so they could sign Shaun Livingston and Andre Iguodala. Very admirable move by Durant IMO. The question I have is what is to keep these owners from maybe paying these players the money back after they retire? If I were an owner, I would let the player have an "advisory" position after their career and maybe pay them $1-2 million a year to make up that difference. Doesn't go against the salary cap, and the player still gets the money deferred. As a player, I probably wouldn't mind it, hearing all the stories of investments that go bad.
    That's probably what is happening. Remember the TWolves getting pounded for trying to get over paying Joe Smith under the table. It was stupid on their part, but probably happens all the time

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Durant a winner

James a pussy

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 408

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Durant a winner

James a pussy
    I will say that LeBron did take $15 million less for the life of his contract with the Heat.

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

i dont buy these stories its probably deferred in some kind of way shape or form

or maybe their shoe contract gets bumped up you never know these are dirty dirty people
    Points Awarded:

jackbo gave CWD 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

They pay them under the table.

vividjohn45
    vividjohn45's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Durant a winner

James a pussy
    Oh yeah durant up 3-1 last yr in west finals. And durant laid a egg. Hanging with g.s during west finals then going to g.s after okc lost west finals. *** daymond green was very good friends with durant and was activily recruiting him. Green kicked stebe Adams 2x in the nuts in the west finals and durant still hung out with green. Not much of a winner in oklahoma people cant stand him here. Big loser and doest stand with his team
    Last edited by vividjohn45; 07-04-17 at 01:29 PM.