Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

J J Redick

One of the Clippers’ core players headed from Los Angeles to Houston this week, and Chris Paul may not be the last Clipper to make that move this offseason. According to Broderick Turner of The Los Angeles Times (via Twitter), J.J. Redick is interested in joining the Rockets if the finances work out.

Those finances may be tricky. With Houston poised to be an over-the-cap team heading into the new league year, the club would be limited to the $8.4MM mid-level exception. A sign-and-trade is also a possibility, though the Rockets already sent a number of noteworthy trade pieces to the Clippers in this week’s CP3 deal.

Redick is coming off a season in which he earned about $7.38MM, which makes Houston’s MLE look reasonable. But as the top unrestricted free agent shooting guard on the market, he’ll likely be in line for a major raise, and at age 33, this looks like his best chance at one last big payday. As Turner notes in his report, a team like the Nets or Sixers may be willing to make a much more aggressive offer for Redick, perhaps in the range of $16MM+ per year.

Our list of 2017’s top 50 free agents has Redick ranked at No. 16.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

The first meeting for Clippers guard J.J. Redick was with the Sixers, posts Adrian Wojnarowski on ESPN Now. On ESPN’s television coverage, Wojnarowski said Philadelphia would like to convince Redick to accept a short-term contract, “a one-year deal at a very big number, $20 million-plus, potentially.” The Timberwolves and Nets are also expected to be contenders for Redick, and he has expressed interest in joining former Clippers teammate Chris Paul with the Rockets. Wojnarowski adds that there is no chance of Redick returning to L.A.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

The Sixers and veteran sharpshooter J.J. Redick have reached an agreement on a one-year deal, reports Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN (Twitter link). While the contract will be a short one, Redick will do well on the annual salary — the deal will be worth $23MM, per Wojnarowski.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Not a bad move although scoring not Houston issue

Big guys are

whathaveidone
    whathaveidone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

this guy really worth $23M ? what did he do to get paid like that

jjgold

What a joke getting all that money

The average is like three points in the fourth quarter his career

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

If the Sixers don't make the Playoffs in the East now then they need to be kicked out of the league.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Personally I think Redick is on the decline right now. He was horrible in the playoffs. Avg. 9.1 a game

You always say.... a player has at least 1 more good year in him. Honestly... he's all done. He's a backup IMO.

jjgold

He did nothing with the clippers his whole entire career other than the first half of each game it's a disgrace what these players are making

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1551

He can shoot lights out, but can't drive to the basket for his life.

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

What does the "MM" stand for in "23MM"?

Monopoly money? Millionaire maker?

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by dlowilly View Post
    What does the "MM" stand for in "23MM"?

Monopoly money? Millionaire maker?

Fidel_CashFlow
    Fidel_CashFlow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30419

Uhhh , anyone else realize how quickly 3 years go by ????

Anyone else realize the Warriors will be yesterday's news and Philly

will be be contending for a championship year in and year out

A standing ovation wouldn't even be enough to congratulate on how well this

team has done in rebuilding itself .

I'm in a state of awe at how talented this roster is becoming

jjgold

They will be 10- 25 the first 35 games

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO

Amir Johnson will join the Sixers on a one-year, $11MM deal contract, tweets Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN.com.

There's a 2nd one year contract to a veteran. Sixers aiming to get some short term veteran leadership.

Cuse0323

Alright, what's with the MM? I thought it was a mistake at first after dlowilly pointed it out. Now, I have no clue. 11 multimillion deal? That goes without saying, so I must be missing something.

Anyway, Philly has to make the Playoffs. Fultz, Redick, Simmons, Saric, Embiid. Some other people on the bench who are really solid. Amir isn't a game changer, but decent. 11 damn million. I can shoot 40 percent from 3, NBA. Nothing else but sign me up. I'll be walking up the court, so the perfect trailer at my sweet spot. Well, I'll take out the best players with a swift move too. May take me 20 seconds to get up the court, but perfect secret weapon.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    He did nothing with the clippers his whole entire career other than the first half of each game it's a disgrace what these players are making
    Owner is a hedge fund manager. Has a few billion. This is chump change to him so u don't need to worry.