The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

The 76ers and Celtics pull off big NBA trade...

The 76ers will get the overall #1 pick in the NBA draft and select Markelle Fultz.

In return, the Celtics will receive the #3 pick and numerous other picks.

#Trusttheprocess

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

76ers Super Team

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Means nothing
    Phila 25-57 next year

Mackballs
    Mackballs's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12393

27-55

eidolon
    USA
    eidolon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15766

Who will the Lakers draft?

The Giant

Lonzo Ball.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7684

Will the sixers make the playoffs next year?

lakerboy

This fultz kid isn't good is he?

Mackballs

Way too much hype in Boston over fultz. Fans fell victim of the allure of the number one pick and know nothing about the player. They just assume he's the franchise savior because draft boards say he is. He may be great but this draft does not have a clear cut number one player. The top 5 are all equal and have similar potential. Take the player you really want and get whatever else you can on top of it.

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Will the sixers make the playoffs next year?
    Probably not. It's a man's league. It'll take these kids a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    This fultz kid isn't good is he?
    No clue. It seems like the NBA draft has turned into a crapshoot. There hasn't been a star come into the league in a while.

Crusherrr
    Please don't feed the trolls
    Crusherrr's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13827

I watched the highlight film of this dude play and it was all in games his team was losing. Clip started off with them down 15 points to Yale this season. They finished 2-16 in conference, 9-22 overall and lost their last 13 games. When he played Lonzo and UCLA they lost by 32 points and 41 points. If you can't lead your college team to a positive record I'm not sure how you can be drafted number one overall and be so highly coveted. I'd take Fox, Ball, Jackson, and Tatum over him for sure.

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by Crusherrr View Post
    I watched the highlight film of this dude play and it was all in games his team was losing. Clip started off with them down 15 points to Yale this season. They finished 2-16 in conference, 9-22 overall and lost their last 13 games. When he played Lonzo and UCLA they lost by 32 points and 41 points. If you can't lead your college team to a positive record I'm not sure how you can be drafted number one overall and be so highly coveted. I'd take Fox, Ball, Jackson, and Tatum over him for sure.
    Keep in mind Ben Simmons wasn't a winner either in college.

The 76ers are all about the upside, they don't care about winning.
    Points Awarded:

manny24 gave The Giant 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

mdunlap3
    mdunlap3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4843

Sixers stacked with a ton of young studs...Simmons,Embiid,Fultz. Will be interesting to see how the personalities mesh.

The Kraken
    The Kraken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 532

Quote Originally Posted by Mackballs View Post
    Way too much hype in Boston over fultz. Fans fell victim of the allure of the number one pick and know nothing about the player. They just assume he's the franchise savior because draft boards say he is. He may be great but this draft does not have a clear cut number one player. The top 5 are all equal and have similar potential. Take the player you really want and get whatever else you can on top of it.
    True, number one draft picks never turn out to be franchise players or anything. Has anyone good ever gone number one that changed the fortune of a team?

Fire in da hole
    Fire in da hole's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1120

Would be sweet irony if the lakers pass on ball, then he hopes the team he refused to work out for takes him third..

would love over to see ball drop

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Quote Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
    True, number one draft picks never turn out to be franchise players or anything. Has anyone good ever gone number one that changed the fortune of a team?
    Lebron james, dwight howard, john wall, Karl anthony towns to name a few

Mase of Base
    Mase of Base's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 804

Iverson. Shaq and LeBron at least made their teams good for awhile but bailed.

*I'll throw in Rose as well and be ridiculed he was something before his knees gave out, unlucky guy.

The Giant

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    Lebron james, dwight howard, john wall, Karl anthony towns to name a few
    Lebron James the last #1 overall pick to lead a team to the NBA championship since Tim Duncan.

VeggieDog
    VeggieDog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 20445

Don't forget about future hall-of-famer Greg Oden taken first by Portland in 2007. Portland passed up some dude named Keven Durant.

krk1030
    krk1030's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4884

Sixers needed a PG so if he is your guy its a great deal. Personally would have just taken Fox at 3, or maybe even move back and get him a couple picks later.

For the Celtics this is a total head scratcher....stockpiling assets is great, but eventually you need to turn it into a team on the floor. I assume this means they are keeping Thomas long term and will take Jackson with the pick.

If they get heyward you will then have two top picks sitting on the bench behind him.....

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

celtics will trade these picks for jimmy butler , or use this years pick get hayward as a free agent and use the next years 1st rd as an asset.... plus they have brooklyns first round next year which will be top 5 probably... smfh brooklyn with the worst move in nba history giving 4 first round picks for an old paul pierce and KG really gave boston life

76ers great young core , people saying 25 wins next year ya its a rebuilding team lol... fultz, simmons, saric and embiid is an amazing core but injury problems could plague them

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Not sure but Simmons and Embiid are sick. Never seen Fulz play. Embiid is already one of the best big men in basketball, probably the third best pure center after Demarcus and Marc Gasol.

Simmons will be a great all around player even in his first year. I wouldn't be surprised if Philly made the playoffs if those guys stay healthy, which is a big if.

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Keep in mind Ben Simmons wasn't a winner either in college.

The 76ers are all about the upside, they don't care about winning.
    Yeh but they never win

NBA kids develop fast and Phila players are not

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Shaq

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Shaq Duncan Kareem Magic Bron AI Hakeem

Lots of number 1s legendary

Most number 1s are effective nba players at least. very few busts

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

Fulz nice player couldn't get his team a sniff of the post-season

Boston not looking for game changers they are looking for a winners

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Celtics do it again. Great move. They will be the leaders of the East soon enough. I don't like them, but great move. Let Fultz, and Ball off the board then get picks too. Robbery. Fox is the best PG. Tatum is the best player. In my opinion, and I hate Duke, and Kentucky. Josh Jackson, I'm not sure on. Looks like the Celtics are down to him, or Tatum. Tatum is a special talent, and should be numero uno. Wish he would fall to the Magic, or Knicks. Hope Fox falls too. Monk is overrated, but Fox is legit.

Mackballs

So you're really gonna compare this kid to coming out as the "consensus" number one pick to guys like LeBron and AD who were the number one pick in their draft year when they're sophomores in high school? C'mon, he's been rated the best of the top tier but 9-22 at Washington shouldn't be ignored.
    2-16 in conference with one of the wins coming against D3 Oregon St.

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2395

The Celtics will get #3 this year and either the Lakers 2018 1st rd pick if it falls between 2 and 5. If it falls outside of that then the Sixers keep the Lakers pick and give up the 2019 1st rd pick from Sacramento.

So basically it's an extra lottery pick to move up two spots to get the #1 pick. Philly needs a franchise PG so I guess it makes sense, I'm just not sold on the guy. He's fast, has nice size, has a great shot and can play defense well, he just doesn't come from a winning program which is a huge red flag for me. I can see why they made the move though.

jjgold

All we do is talk about Phil and they get worse every year

It is a terrible Organization

Players always hurt

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Celtics do it again. Great move. They will be the leaders of the East soon enough. I don't like them, but great move. Let Fultz, and Ball off the board then get picks too. Robbery. Fox is the best PG. Tatum is the best player. In my opinion, and I hate Duke, and Kentucky. Josh Jackson, I'm not sure on. Looks like the Celtics are down to him, or Tatum. Tatum is a special talent, and should be numero uno. Wish he would fall to the Magic, or Knicks. Hope Fox falls too. Monk is overrated, but Fox is legit.
    This is highway robbery. I figured Boston would deal this pick to some stupid ass team. Fultz is far from a sure thing and people seem to think he's the automatic number 1. Also, there wasn't really any room for him in Boston. Then they get another high pick next year from the Lakers (good chance) or 2 years from now from the Kings team that sucks.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by klemopixx View Post
    The Celtics will get #3 this year and either the Lakers 2018 1st rd pick if it falls between 2 and 5. If it falls outside of that then the Sixers keep the Lakers pick and give up the 2019 1st rd pick from Sacramento.

So basically it's an extra lottery pick to move up two spots to get the #1 pick. Philly needs a franchise PG so I guess it makes sense, I'm just not sold on the guy. He's fast, has nice size, has a great shot and can play defense well, he just doesn't come from a winning program which is a huge red flag for me. I can see why they made the move though.
    I agree with this too. I like the Sixers core. I feel like they will at least be close to the playoffs next year, but I think it's too high a price to pay for fultz. Kinda wish they were just patient.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

I'd love to watch these "workouts" these guys do. Supposedly, Philly was blown away by him and that's why they did this deal. They r basically saying he's so much better than Ball, Fox, etc. by doing this move

lakerboy

Fultz has maturity. Sixers like that part the most.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Trust the process

12 Last