Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 350

Cavs Need Kawhi Leonard

To beat the Warriors next year they need to trade for Leonard. Just give up draft picks for the next 5 years or something.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Yes

Otter call me when you get a chance

Otters27

JJ. CAvs are not done yet.

jjgold

Tear hanging in there but I don't think they'll get to the finish line

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

They need a real bench

rich Jefferson tries hard

derron Williams is a bum now wtf happened to this guy?

korver cant handle the pressure was pretty much terrible the whole series.

they could use some fire power off the bench.

Otters27

Well at least Smith hit the 3 to win me this

NBA
    STRAIGHT BET
    [709] CLEVELAND +10-125 (B+1)

136.87 / 109.50

soccergoat
    soccergoat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

cavs are in trouble going forward kevin love declining fast thompson no offense ability no bench no defense no money for big free agents the cavs window is closed sure they might make finals again next year and lose in 5 just like tonight

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

He'd sure help. They need guys who can put the ball on the floor also other than Kyrie and Bron. Every set is Kyrie driving or Bron driving and kicking out to a 3pt shooter, they can handle every team with that except the Warriors who play defense and score better than they defend.

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

JR Smith was balling making clutch 3s unreal, Kevin Love is a joke out there

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 344

At his peak, Penny Hardaway’s off-the-court presence may have been bigger than his game — and his game was big. Three-time All-NBA player, four-time All-Star, part of a one-two punch with a young Shaquille O’Neal that had the Magic as title contenders.

Still, talk about Hardaway and you end up talking about the ‘Lil Penny commercials and the shoes — Hardaway was a break-out NBA star known by non-hoops fans because of his off-the-court persona.

It is from that perspective Hardaway comes. He was on the Sirius XM’s NBA Radio show “Bottomline” and was asked about Kawhi Leonard (hat tip Eye on Basketball).

“Superstar? No. Kawhi Leonard is not a superstar because he has no interest in being the face of the league or starring in TV commercials. He’s a good player, but I wouldn’t consider him a superstar player.”

The first reaction of hoops fans will be “are you kidding me?” Leonard is an MVP candidate, franchise cornerstone, best two-way player in the NBA according to Michael Jordan, champion and finals MVP.

However, Hardaway is right in the sense that Leonard limits how big his personal brand can be because he doesn’t promote it. Heck, not sure he even cares that much about it. If you define superstar by off-the-court persona, then maybe Leonard isn’t your guy. Leonard is not Stephen Curry showing up in ads all the time, he’s not LeBron James and his media projects, he’s no Jeremy Lin on social media.

Nor does Leonard want to be — and he doesn’t have to be. Leonard does have some sweet Jordan brand commercials, but not ones where he speaks. He does talk a little in those Spurs HEB ads, but that’s about it. He doesn’t want to be front-and-center that way. That’s just who he is. He’s a quiet leader, sort of like Tim Duncan before him in San Antonio (which is perfect for Gregg Popovich).

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Yes

Otter call me when you get a chance
    No doubt. And Otters... call me after JJ.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6434

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    “Superstar? No. Kawhi Leonard is not a superstar because he has no interest in being the face of the league or starring in TV commercials. He’s a good player, but I wouldn’t consider him a superstar player.”
    I guess that means Duncan wasn't a superstar either, just "a good player". Rings should mean more to a player than commercials. Maybe if Hardaway asks nicely Leonard will show him his.

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

max contracts mean more to players than "rings" ever will. which would you rather have.

jjgold

Penny Hardaway was a loser that's just a frustration statement

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

Quote Originally Posted by unusialsusp5 View Post
    max contracts mean more to players than "rings" ever will. which would you rather have.
    you are incorrect

rings mean way more

if money was more important, many of the players, including superstars like lebron, wouldnt be playing in the nba

there are teams for example in china and europe that would, and do offer nba players big contracts to entice them, but they choose to stay in the nba, even the ones that have no chance of getting a ring choose nba

its the same in soccer, teams outside of europe trying to entice players with crazy money, but they choose less money and to play in the best leagues

yes you get the odd man every now and then that will take the money to switch leagues but that is rare and its usually mediocre or bad players, players that cant play at an nba level anymore or if they do manage to get a spot on a team it would be for limited minutes and minimum salary

case in point, lebron could have gone to a different team and gotten a bigger contract but chose miami and a smaller contract in order to get a ring

same as durant with golden state
    Last edited by SportsMushroom; 08-15-17 at 07:43 AM.

jjgold

It depends on the player sum only interested in money

Irving doesn't want to win

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine

Quote Originally Posted by unusialsusp5 View Post
    Since when are commercials and max contracts synonymous? Championship caliber players tend to get paid.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by swordsandtequila View Post
    Since when are commercials and max contracts synonymous? Championship caliber players tend to get paid.
    Not knocking the post but...

Carmelo Anthony got paid huge money. Got didn't care about winning anything.

I'd rather have the MAX DEALS with no Rings.

mngambler
    mngambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3057

Quote Originally Posted by SportsMushroom View Post
    you are incorrect

rings mean way more

if money was more important, many of the players, including superstars like lebron, wouldnt be playing in the nba

there are teams for example in china and europe that would, and do offer nba players big contracts to entice them, but they choose to stay in the nba, even the ones that have no chance of getting a ring choose nba

its the same in soccer, teams outside of europe trying to entice players with crazy money, but they choose less money and to play in the best leagues

yes you get the odd man every now and then that will take the money to switch leagues but that is rare and its usually mediocre or bad players, players that cant play at an nba level anymore or if they do manage to get a spot on a team it would be for limited minutes and minimum salary

case in point, lebron could have gone to a different team and gotten a bigger contract but chose miami and a smaller contract in order to get a ring

same as durant with golden state
    don't know about that...Contracts don't really mean sh*t to the top 15-20 players in the league, it's only 10-15% of their yearly earnings...all about the endorsements, Lebrons Nike deal alone is worth more than 20 seasons of salary

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Not knocking the post but...

Carmelo Anthony got paid huge money. Got didn't care about winning anything.

I'd rather have the MAX DEALS with no Rings.
    I get that TMS, I never questioned players wanting to get paid (unusualsuspect brought up max deals). My point was those that care more about being a "star" and getting commercials (ME players) than winning typically never win. Marbury couldn't play with KG, Carmelo had a better team in Denver, etc. If I'm an owner I don't want a player whose #1 priority isn't winning. With all the money floating around the NBA ain't none of them going hungry.

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

Quote Originally Posted by mngambler View Post
    don't know about that...Contracts don't really mean sh*t to the top 15-20 players in the league, it's only 10-15% of their yearly earnings...all about the endorsements, Lebrons Nike deal alone is worth more than 20 seasons of salary

i agree, but still lebron and durant left a lot of money on the table to increase their chance of winning

and outside of the 15-20 top players you still dont see many lower profile players taking the money to leave the nba, and believe me most nba players are being offered big contracts in order to leave

thomorino
    thomorino's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Cavs need a real GM that won't grossly overpay all of Lebron's buddies

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 53

otter call me when you get a chance