TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

MVP For Golden State Should Be Klay Thompson

We all know that it's not entertaining to choose a defensive minded player.... that's why we go with the leading scorer of the finals... or pick the player with incredible offensive stats...

But let's take this into consideration....

Kyrie Irving has been SHUTDOWN. Absolutely SHUTDOWN. I'm so surprised at Klay's defense on Kyrie... it blows my mind. Whether this was Golden State's game plan to begin with... or something that just happened? I mean... James played the BEST losing game of his life... James was absolutely SPENT energy wise. Absolutely exhausted. Kyrie doing everything in his power to get an open look... it's just not there... and once it is there... he becomes exhausted and spent.... misses the shot.

If you give Kyrie about 30 points... in both games... while the game is close and reachable... you may have different outcomes for Game 1 and Game 2.

I really can't believe Klay is bothering Kyrie the way he is... but he's playing outstanding defense.

You also wish Cleveland could get some scoring from some bench players... but nothing doing. They all look old out there. Maybe there should retire?

I don't know what else you could do? Somehow you have to give Kyrie more time without Thompson on the floor. Change a different rotation for a few extra minutes? Make Kerr think a little? Because if Cleveland's game plan was for Kyrie to score... clearly... it's not working.

But damn... Klay is clearly concentrating on his defense... and giving up his offense. Guy is absolutely impressive. Certainly surprised me.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10289

Thus far...KD.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

KD

He is playing great D though

Philmill
    Philmill's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28643

Kevin Durant clearly gets it this year

He is finely playing with a team that plays his kind of game.....

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7684

Curry biggest benefactor of kd.

eddycash
    eddycash's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15894

Kyle Korver

MaddyMax
    MaddyMax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    We all know that it's not entertaining to choose a defensive minded player.... that's why we go with the leading scorer of the finals... or pick the player with incredible offensive stats...

But let's take this into consideration....

Kyrie Irving has been SHUTDOWN. Absolutely SHUTDOWN. I'm so surprised at Klay's defense on Kyrie... it blows my mind. Whether this was Golden State's game plan to begin with... or something that just happened? I mean... James played the BEST losing game of his life... James was absolutely SPENT energy wise. Absolutely exhausted. Kyrie doing everything in his power to get an open look... it's just not there... and once it is there... he becomes exhausted and spent.... misses the shot.

If you give Kyrie about 30 points... in both games... while the game is close and reachable... you may have different outcomes for Game 1 and Game 2.

I really can't believe Klay is bothering Kyrie the way he is... but he's playing outstanding defense.

You also wish Cleveland could get some scoring from some bench players... but nothing doing. They all look old out there. Maybe there should retire?

I don't know what else you could do? Somehow you have to give Kyrie more time without Thompson on the floor. Change a different rotation for a few extra minutes? Make Kerr think a little? Because if Cleveland's game plan was for Kyrie to score... clearly... it's not working.

But damn... Klay is clearly concentrating on his defense... and giving up his offense. Guy is absolutely impressive. Certainly surprised me.
    Curry was suppose to defend Irving but that is a mismatch and Irving will put up 50. Golden St is lucky that Cleveland doesn't have a good decent offensive shooting guard.....golden state can afford to put thompson on irving...the height is a mismatch....curry can defend scrubs like shumpert and smith or or whoever. That is the missing peace for cleveland...they will need someone like george in that line up.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Maybe they should start Derrick Williams at the 2 he is too big for Curry to guard.

ManOfValue
    ManOfValue's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1796

KD hands down.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

David west

He slow the game down

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Cleve up 2-0 without Durant

thread over

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Dubs were doing better this time last year and we all know what happened. Just saying.

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

It will be Durant. Thompson and Curry want him to get the ultimate revenge on LeBron

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Curry was never supposed to guard Irving.

Klay checked Irving last year, and it was planned for him to check Irving again. In fact, GS has been doing this for 3 years now. Klay always guards the PG if he's good (WEstbrook, CP3, Lillard, etc).

Klay is doing a good job, but GS is playing good team D. They are packing the paint and cutting off lanes for Irving.

Having said that, Klay did a good job last year, and Irving torched him in games 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7. I expect Irving to play better.

Klay isn't the MVP. Durant is averaging 35 pts 11 rebounds 5 assists and like 3 blocks a game, quite possibility some of the best numbers ever recorded in an NBA finals.

Thompson was 3-16 in game 1....

Iguadala won MVP the first finals for GS. He averaged about 20 and his D on James was the reason GS won. So offensive guys don't get all the glory in reality. YOu have to play both sides, but so far KD has been the best offensive player AND the best defender on the court. Defense also involves rebounding, blocks, steals, and guarding the best player in the world (James) for long stretches.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Iggy only scored like 15 or 16 a game I think. Of course Durant is MVP at this point but still more game to play.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Yes, clearly Durant is the MVP. Guy is very impressive. I'm just thinking outside the box a little...

Irving's shooting percentage is horrible. Guy is a way better player than this. Even he knows it. There is a part of the rotation that Irving is on the floor while Thompson sits down to rest for about 3 minutes. You can tell Irving's eyes light up... and they go right to him.... but this is right when Irving is fatigued and then he needs a blow...

All Cleveland needs is just one guy to get hot... other than James and Irving... so this opens things up more. Right now... G.S. just zoning in on James and Irving. I felt like James played his a$$ off.... in a losing effort. Probably one the best games he played... on the losing side.

Where the hell is Korver? Frye? Anyone to space the floor? Not knocking anything down.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Yes, clearly Durant is the MVP. Guy is very impressive. I'm just thinking outside the box a little...

Irving's shooting percentage is horrible. Guy is a way better player than this. Even he knows it. There is a part of the rotation that Irving is on the floor while Thompson sits down to rest for about 3 minutes. You can tell Irving's eyes light up... and they go right to him.... but this is right when Irving is fatigued and then he needs a blow...

All Cleveland needs is just one guy to get hot... other than James and Irving... so this opens things up more. Right now... G.S. just zoning in on James and Irving. I felt like James played his a$$ off.... in a losing effort. Probably one the best games he played... on the losing side.

Where the hell is Korver? Frye? Anyone to space the floor? Not knocking anything down.
    Love is just as good as Irving imo. And is going against a better defender too in Green. Love has been the second best player for Cleveland so far. Irving is good but he doesn't do anything except score and get a couple dimes. He can't rebound, doesn't play d, doesn't get steals or blocks. He's not that fast in transition either. Yeah a great player but a little outclassed so far. He'll play better.

Korver getting smothered. They need to set double picks for him, not just one body. D Will needs to be given more freedom. He's nervous, clearly. Doesn't want to mess up. Frye not getting any minutes. Lou not that good of a coach. Lucky to even have a ring imo. JR needs to start balling (meaning score like 12 pts).

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    Iggy only scored like 15 or 16 a game I think. Of course Durant is MVP at this point but still more game to play.
    Na think he averaged 20. Durant is gonna be MVP. It's over. He's not scoring less than like 28 in any game this series. Gonna take 25 shots or so every game and Durant is one of the most efficient players we've ever seen.

dmncnlou
    dmncnlou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9993

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Na think he averaged 20. Durant is gonna be MVP. It's over. He's not scoring less than like 28 in any game this series. Gonna take 25 shots or so every game and Durant is one of the most efficient players we've ever seen.
    He wasn't efficient in games 5, 6 & 7 of the western conference finals last year when in each game they gave up 15+ point leads.