TeddyB
    TeddyB's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 887

1996 Chicago Bulls vs 2017 Golden State Warriors

The Vegas books have it all wrong. Bulls getting 6.5 points and +300 to win series. The Bulls would dominate. Golden State might win 2. People don't realize how good Jordan was. He was the best of all time. People are forgetting that. Only since yesterday has Durant been as awesome as he has. Jordan would score at will and would pass out to Pippen or an open Kerr if anybody bothered him. The only player to ever bother Jordan a little was Anfernee Hardaway. Jordan's will would win the game no matter what. Jordan was a grown man; he would shut down the cute Curry easily. Pippen could tie up Durant and you'd see blowouts the other way around. Now, I am from Chicago but this is not biased. I can honestly say that the 2002 Lakers might have been the best team ever. The Sacramento Kings were gonna beat them but God even intervened and that was when Tim Donaghy fixed the game against Sacramento. Kobe is the only player I ever saw who possibly could have "won" against Jordan. The only way 1996 Bulls are better than 2002 Lakers is if Jordan swallowed his pride and they Hack-A-Shaqed.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7600

Don't worry they will never play
    Points Awarded:

dmncnlou gave lakerboy 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 145

The problem with comparing teams is the style at which the game is played. Back in the day players were able to play tougher defense. Now its all about the offensive player. Add that to the fact in todays game players can take 14 steps before a ref even considers calling a travel and if you are a star player going to the basket there is almost always a foul called, especially if that player misses the layup. A team like the Warriors back then would get tossed around like a bunch of rag dolls.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: MaddyMax

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25388

The Giant
    The Giant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

It's a game of math. One team will score threes all the time, and the other will get twos.

The game has changed.

Chicago could barely beat an unathletic Utah Jazz team. These guys would run circles around them.

Golden State wins easily.

TeddyB
    TeddyB's Avatar SBR PRO

The Giant, I can tell you're racist. Don't be surprised at what the white man can do. The game has changed. It's all a lie. If you put the Warriors against a team from the 50's, it wouldn't be a blow out like the media which stereotypes that white people are just as athletic as negroes portrays. You're looking at it all wrong if you think that. It's all the lie to make people worship the Anti-Christ. John Stockton has the most steals of all time. He must of been seeing something really clearly and he wasn't playing against his own skin tone. But here is a fact... If the Warriors were magically put in a 1950's game for one day, they might not even win. Every time they dribble the ball would be a carry. Every body in the NBA lies and keeps stretching and stretching and breaking the rules. All they do is lie. It's pathetic... but I love my brothers and want to lead them to the truth, The Catholic Church.

TeddyB
    TeddyB's Avatar SBR PRO

Here's my final post on this thread.

1996 Bulls vs 2002 Lakers

We do not know who would win because Phil Jackson was the coach of both team's so it's up to him and we should not judge. I know Phil Jackson practiced Zen. If he wasn't that heavy in practicing Zen in 1996, The Bulls would win. If he was practicing Zen less in 2002 and getting closer to The Catholic Church, then the lakers would win.

Enough said.

TeddyB
    TeddyB's Avatar SBR PRO

Bulls Win!!!

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 326

Gs would win. Curry and the shooting have spread out the court

Pinoy-T-X
    Pinoy-T-X's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21609

If 2017 GSW played in 1996 - Bulls win

if 1996 Bulls played in 2017 - GSW win

Furthermore, we will never know.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Toon squad washing them all....

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by TeddyB View Post
    The Vegas books have it all wrong. Bulls getting 6.5 points and +300 to win series. The Bulls would dominate. Golden State might win 2. People don't realize how good Jordan was. He was the best of all time. People are forgetting that. Only since yesterday has Durant been as awesome as he has. Jordan would score at will and would pass out to Pippen or an open Kerr if anybody bothered him. The only player to ever bother Jordan a little was Anfernee Hardaway. Jordan's will would win the game no matter what. Jordan was a grown man; he would shut down the cute Curry easily. Pippen could tie up Durant and you'd see blowouts the other way around. Now, I am from Chicago but this is not biased. I can honestly say that the 2002 Lakers might have been the best team ever. The Sacramento Kings were gonna beat them but God even intervened and that was when Tim Donaghy fixed the game against Sacramento. Kobe is the only player I ever saw who possibly could have "won" against Jordan. The only way 1996 Bulls are better than 2002 Lakers is if Jordan swallowed his pride and they Hack-A-Shaqed.
    Jordan is the best of all time. But I love how people say "dominate" or this guy is "wayyy better than this guy" when if Durant and Jordan went to the park, played pickup with 4 other guys, Jordan's team would win 4. And Durant would win 2 or 3. I wouldn't call that "dominate..."

Secondly, no one like Durant existed in the Jordan era. Or ever. He's a 7 foot shooting guard. 7 feet.... You think Scottie Pippen can guard Kevin Durant? Pippen is an elite defender, I compare Kawai's defensive style a lot to Pippen. But can Leonard guard Kevin Durant even? No man. Offense beats 1on1 defense every time in the NBA. In any era. I don't care about rules, handcheck, physicality. Etc. 1on1 Offense beats 1on1 d everytime in ball. The way teams win, is team defense.

Factor in that Rodman would need to stay with Draymond at the 3. Factor in Steve Kerr will get shredded when he enters the game. Who's he gonna guard in this death lineup?

Curry, Thompson, Durant, Iguadala, Draymond...

Come on bro....

The only person Kerr could realistically even attempt to guard is Iguadala, and he will get exposed in transition. Warriors will fly by them.

Warriors have a bunch of guys they can throw at Jordan, and "hold him" to 40.

Bulls aren't winning if Jordan doesn't get 50. Who else is gonna dominate on the Bulls? Dennis Rodman? Kerr? Kukoc? Come on dude. Be real.

Teams today are assembled differently. Durant made a bitch move and joined up with an elite team, an elite player, who is better than Scottie Pippen all time. Add to that Draymond and Rodman basically cancel (i give a slight edge to Rodman), and Warriors still have Thompson and Iguadala and Bulls have Kerr and Kukoc.

Lakers 2002 isn't the best team ever. You realize how fast the Warriors are in transition? Bro Shaq and Fisher and Horry and Rick Fox are gonna sprint back on defense and stop 3s, cuts, etc?

No fukking way.

Anyone that really knows basketball knows that this Warriors is the best team ever assembled. And it's a b.s. team.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Pinoy-T-X View Post

Any elite player can attempt to any rules. You think today's NBA athletes wouldn't adapt to handchecking if it was still a legal rule? NBA players adapt to anything.

And I love how people think that Jordan's championships were a super physical test. If Jordan got touched in any of those finals, it was a foul. Did you guys even watch those games? That Jazz team that lost b2b would get swept by the Warriors. A clean sweep.

Can you imagine Stockton trying to guard Curry? No disrespect to Stockton, he was a great player, fun to watch, but imagine this guy running around screens or trying to keep up with Curry's crossovers and handles?

Lol.

And someone please tell me the names a couple guys who could guard 7 foot SGs in the 80s and 90s. There aren't any even today. Kawaii Leonard the only one? Pippen? Durant would torch the league.... torch...

6'6 Jordan could not guard 7' Kevin Durant, no chance. There's way better overall players in today's game than in the Jordan days too. A lot of the players of today's generation are guys that are going down in the top 20-30 players all time. There weren't a ton in the Jordan era that were better than the guys today. Obviously a few here and there with Hakeem and Barkely and Isaiah and Malone and some guys.

Today's generation (and like 10 years ago) has Kobe, Duncan, Lebron, Wade, Melo, Cp3, Curry, Durant, Westbrook, Harden, Leonard, Pierce, KG, Shaq (maybe borderline generation) -- and I'm sure I'm missing some -- all these guys will go down as top 30-40 players in history, a lot higher for some of them.

D Wade? If Wade played in Jordan's era, he'd be the second best sg in the world, after Jordan, and one of the top 3 players in the world every year....

Who in the Jordan era is better than Wade all time? Is Dream even? That's a toss up. And Dream is prolly the second best player in the Jordan era. And Wade better numbers all time, better resume.

Then you got guys like John Wall, Ant Davis, Anthony Towns, who will all try and make it in that group. Still far from it, but still so young.
    Last edited by Goat Milk; 06-06-17 at 03:10 AM.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

This makes no sense they had a 22ft 3pt line in 1996. The game would be laughable the Warriors would be -22
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: milwaukee mike

RockBottom
    RockBottom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22623

Ralph Sampson was a seven-foot shooting guard, just ask him.

sandos139
    The Miami Connection
    sandos139's Avatar Become A Pro!

With Old School Rules, Bulls would take them but not in today's game.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

well it would depend on who is reffing the game/series. I'd say bulls would do far better in today's game than GSW would do in the 90's. Bulls would obviously adapt and foul less but GSW players just can't turn a switch and become tougher. Curry would get wrecked.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7600

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post
    well it would depend on who is reffing the game/series. I'd say bulls would do far better in today's game than GSW would do in the 90's. Bulls would obviously adapt and foul less but GSW players just can't turn a switch and become tougher. Curry would get wrecked.
    Only green could play in that era

jizay
    Update your status
    jizay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    And I love how people think that Jordan's championships were a super physical test. If Jordan got touched in any of those finals, it was a foul. Did you guys even watch those games?
    I think you know the answer to your own question. What's worse is that anyone can watch them now. Lots of those Bulls/Jazz finals games are up on Youtube. Watch one now. They look like they are playing in slow motion or like the court has stickum on it. Teams from that era could in no way keep up with GSW. Maybe win a game or two if they could stay under control and post up a lot, but never win a series.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: milwaukee mike

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by jizay View Post
    I think you know the answer to your own question. What's worse is that anyone can watch them now. Lots of those Bulls/Jazz finals games are up on Youtube. Watch one now. They look like they are playing in slow motion or like the court has stickum on it. Teams from that era could in no way keep up with GSW. Maybe win a game or two if they could stay under control and post up a lot, but never win a series.
    https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/s...59&action=view

those 1997 bulls were good but only in comparison to the rest of the league... i don't think their average points of 88/game in the nba finals would cut it against golden state

unless they are gonna hold golden state to less than that

slambam
    slambam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Tough to compare. Today's game is much more physical. Athletes are much bigger and stronger than they were 20 years ago.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Would be under games

Take Bulls every game

Pinoy-T-X
    Pinoy-T-X's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21609

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25388

The worst part about this comparison and a line being set on it is that the talk shows are all over it. What is the point of a completely fake scenario? We going to get line moves for this as well? One side going to get hit hard with steam before "tip off"? Just doesn't make sense how this is even a discussion. Lol
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Pinoy-T-X

Goat Milk

Guys don't understand that teams are just assembled differently today because of salary cap expansion and all these other factors. You couldn't put Jordan Pippen Tim Hardaway and Patrick Ewing on the same team in that era. It wouldn't be allowed.

Someone said 2002 Lakers. Man I would love to watch Rick Fox Robert Horry D Fisher and those guys trying to run in transition with the Warriors. Sure no one would stop Shaq but what does that matter? If Lakers miss a shot they're finished.

And guys saying that no one could play in Jordan era. LOL. Please. Sounds like these guys didn't even watch that era. Jordan could barely be touched starting in like 1991 or some shit.

Any NBA player can play in any era. They're getting paid millions of dollar. They're the best athletes on the planet.

Guys in Jordan's era were eating McDonalds every fukkin day. Now you have the best experts on staff, best nutritionists. End of story.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Melo, Harden and Westbrook are all crap.
    No different than iverson/Mcgrady crap.

Westbrook might be one of the worst players of all time.

There's not many players who were ever that inefficient. Shoot so often...score so little.

Stockton could guard Curry cause Curry is not even that fast. That is if refs allowed Stockton to play physical.
    Kobe and Duncan are not today's generation.

All NBA players today are terrible except Lebron Durant and CP3. Wade in his prime.
    As soon as they lose their athleticism they are complete garbage, George, Rose, Wade, etc.
    Because they have don't have the skills to adapt.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Melo, Harden and Westbrook are all crap.
    No different than iverson/Mcgrady crap.

Westbrook might be one of the worst players of all time.

There's not many players who were ever that inefficient. Shoot so often...score so little.

Stockton could guard Curry cause Curry is not even that fast. That is if refs allowed Stockton to play physical.
    Kobe and Duncan are not today's generation.

All NBA players today are terrible except Lebron Durant and CP3. Wade in his prime.
    As soon as they lose their athleticism they are complete garbage, George, Rose, Wade, etc.
    Because they have don't have the skills to adapt.
    Paul George is complete garbage? Consider Kobe an Duncan part of this generation of players. Not gonna argue about it though.

Westbrook one of the worst players of all time? Lol. Sure he's inefficient like AI. Still unstoppable. Still don't think Westbrook will ever win a ring. He's selfish, a ball hog, etc. But I look at things unbiasedly. you're clearly biased.

You just said Mcgrady is crap. I've watched every player to lace them up and Tmac is easily one of the most entertaining players I've ever seen play during his prime. For you to even refute that shows you don't really love or understand the game of basketball.

Stockton could guard Curry? lol. Stockton fighting through screen after screen trying to run around the entire court with Curry? And then having to run the offense the other way? Yeah. Not gonna happen. Stockton and Nash are on the same level. Nash couldn't guard Curry if you told him exactly where Curry was gonna shoot from before the play started.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Stockton and Nash so not the same level. Stockton maybe best pure PG in nba history. Nash minus dantoni never averaged over 8 assists. Much like Harden his stats took huge jump in this offense. He only averaged over a steal a game once in his career. Stockton all time leading steals and assists.
    And MJ is best player ever in any era. Most competitive to ever live. If you think he is worried about Durant, Curry , and Draymond when he has Pippen and Rodman, is crazy. Cavs inefficient defense is making the warriors look much more powerful than they are. Jordan's bulls are best defensive team of all time.