Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 408

Lakers Might Not Get Lonzo Ball After All

Perhaps Lonzo Ball shouldn’t plan on wearing the Purple and Gold just yet.

It has long been assumed that the Los Angeles Lakers will select the UCLA product with the No. 2 overall pick in the 2017 NBA Draft, but it appears the storied franchise has a few concerns about the star point guard, and they aren’t the only ones.

Steve Kyler of Basketball Insiders reported Wednesday that the Lakers might pass on Ball unless he wows them during his predraft workout.

“With reports surfacing that the LA Lakers and former UCLA guard Lonzo Ball have finalized the details of a workout and face to face meeting in LA next week, there is a growing sense that unless Lonzo absolutely blows the doors off, he may not be the Lakers’ guy,” Kyler wrote. “The Lakers are weeks away from needing to make their final decision, but there are many that believe the Lakers could go after both Kansas forward Josh Jackson and Kentucky guard De’Aaron Fox … with the second overall pick.”

Jordan Schultz of The Huffington Post later reported the Lakers would pass on Ball if the draft were today, and one of their biggest concerns is Ball’s loud-mouthed father, LaVar Ball.

The Lakers will have a bevy of options with the second pick in the draft. The Boston Celtics own the No. 1 selection and likely will take Washington guard Markelle Fultz, but that will leave the Lakers with a star-studded board of potential NBA All-Stars, including Fox, Jackson, Ball and Duke forward Jayson Tatum.

http://nesn.com/2017/06/nba-rumors-l...avar-ball/amp/

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

This is just Lakers brass spinning stuff so the celts can't threaten to draft ball and make the lakers pay a premium for it

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11806

They want no part of father sitting behind the bench and screaming at the coach!!!

Philmill
    Philmill's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28643

Lakers dont need Balls shit-show

YoungGambler
    repetition is the father of learning
    YoungGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 186

Justin Jackson gonna be the best player from the draft, hope he lands to the knickerbockers.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 408

LaVar Ball has said a lot — a lot — of ridiculous things recently, most of them harmless. But the key question that keeps being brought up on sports talk radio shows and social media is whether Ball’s outspokenness could affect his son’s draft stock.

Up until now, we had no evidence that it was a factor for NBA teams. Comments from Jerry Colangelo, special adviser to the 76ers, might have proved it is.

Here’s a quote from Colangelo given on the Carlin and Reese radio show on 94WIP in Philadelphia:

I think Ball is a terrific prospect and could have an outstanding NBA future. I think it's going to be challenging with the people around him, without being specific. And yet, I don't think teams should bypass the player because they have those concerns. At the end of the day, what wins in this league is talent, and this is a very talented young man.

The key tidbit there is, of course, Colangelo saying, “It’s going to be challenging with the people around him.” Colangelo says he isn’t getting specific, but it’s obvious he’s talking about his father, at least in part.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2017/6/4...o-76ers-lakers

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11862

Lakers already have 2 young talented guards, don't really need another...

Lorenzo Ball would probably be better then Jordan Clarkson and D'Angelo Russell though..

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Nobody wants ball

Too much family baggage and he is not a cannot miss player

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

I don't even think he is that good

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

that fox can play for my team anyday. Even with that doo

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by INVEGA MAN View Post
    They want no part of father sitting behind the bench and screaming at the coach!!!
    I agree with this. I don't think bringing this guy to any NBA team will help in all aspects of the game. Kid looks like he's just out to be RICH. Doesn't look like a total athlete. I never liked the kid to begin with.

If Popovich had this kid on his squad... he'd rip this kid a new a$$hole... kid isn't a team player. Anyone who thinks he is... is full of sh#$.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I agree with this. I don't think bringing this guy to any NBA team will help in all aspects of the game. Kid looks like he's just out to be RICH. Doesn't look like a total athlete. I never liked the kid to begin with.

If Popovich had this kid on his squad... he'd rip this kid a new a$$hole... kid isn't a team player. Anyone who thinks he is... is full of sh#$.
    Did he bang your sister too? How do you know that he isn't a team player? He is a 19 year old kid who is pretty soft spoken. He sees the court better than most NBA stars. His slow first step is the thing I would be concerned about if I'm an NBA exec, not his loud father.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    Did he bang your sister too? How do you know that he isn't a team player? He is a 19 year old kid who is pretty soft spoken. He sees the court better than most NBA stars. His slow first step is the thing I would be concerned about if I'm an NBA exec, not his loud father.
    You say the most retarded sh#$.

I promise you... no Championship caliber team needs his sh#$.

jjgold

The kid is ok
    Team guy

Father ghetto trash

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    You say the most retarded sh#$.

I promise you... no Championship caliber team needs his sh#$.
    Doesn't change the fact that your sister bangs black dudes like a Kardashian.

Yes, no championship team wants an unselfish pg with incredible court vision. Good thing you aren't a GM.

Itsamazing777
    Not interested....
    Itsamazing777's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1724

Will not win

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    The kid is ok
    Team guy

Father ghetto trash
    I think his dad is playing the media. He says outrageous shit and they give him airtime. Sounds pretty similar to our president. I understand what he is trying to do with the sneaker industry but he put a lot of pressure on his kid to produce from day 1.

klemopixx
    Shit just got real.
    klemopixx's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2395

It's a scam by the Lakers and Ball. Lakers will pass on him, he gets drafted elsewhere, hard bargains for a shortened rookie contract with less pay, becomes a free agent after 2 or 3 years and signs as a FA with the Lakers. End result - Lakers get two of the top picks from this years' draft to make up for losing their #1 pick next year (goes to Philly unprotected). I don't trust Magic and that jerkoff father of his for a minute.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Fox, and Tatum the best in the draft, in my opinion. Hope one falls to the Knicks and the other to the Magic.

jjgold

Gritter he has to tone it down

He is entertaining but that is about it

Ball the kid has to bulk up a little

All skills good except shooting

Gritter send me $200 please

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Fox will be the best player in this draft. You can't teach speed and IQ.

Reno_Thor
    Reno_Thor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5264

Quote Originally Posted by Philmill View Post
    Lakers dont need Balls shit-show
    Oh contrar; the Lakers need balls more than ever, just not Lonzo and LaVar. I feel sorry for whoever drafts those sweaty balls.

TheMoneyShot

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    Doesn't change the fact that your sister bangs black dudes like a Kardashian.

Yes, no championship team wants an unselfish pg with incredible court vision. Good thing you aren't a GM.
    I'm sure you wake up every morning wishing you were white... don't you?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Itsamazing777

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

The craziest thing is Lonzo and Brad Stevens are a match made in heaven. He is an ultimate PG and makes others around him much better. The Celtics have a coach that does that and this kid fits perfectly. His father just doesn't believe he can market him as well in Boston, which is true. Winning is everything. Lebron is highest endorsed in Cleveland. But for a basketball career it is the best move. Celts are only gonna get better with all these picks and the decent team they have already plus Heyward. If Ainge does this right he has a dynasty.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23996

Big UCLA fan here..

Ball sucks

BOL

jjgold

Gritter is tough as nails

necro
    Update your status
    necro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 108

Lonzo who ??

Harry N. Lloyd
    Harry N. Lloyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12914

Pete Maravich scored 44 ppg in college. Lonzo Ball averaged 14. For what reason are people excited about this pimple faced punk?

unde0087
    Did we win?
    unde0087's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 119

Shocker, Ball's dad costing him in the draft

All those that were saying he is building a brand and is doing the smart thing this whole time need to quit hitting the crack pipe. All that dumbass accomplished in the last year is making him, his son, and his family look like a bunch of uneducated fukin ghetto clowns. At the end of the day companies can't and won't market anyone that have a high potential to embarrass them off the court. No one wants to be a part of a side show and that is all LaVar's crap brand is. It didn't take long for everyone to get tired of him and his antics. The shame of it all is even before his son gets on an NBA court people are already hoping he is a bust and its a damn shame because he didn't do anything.

RealSlimShady
    RealSlimShady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11489

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Gritter send me $200 please
    Coach is barreled in