Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10986

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    I don't even think the Shaq and Kobe stacked teams could beat these Warriors today.. KD, Curry and Thompson too much... Warriors scrubs are even playing well.. McGee was looking like an all star center in that game one even.. Green solid...
    My God. We've already anointed this overrated GS team to mythical legends. What the full have they done? They've won one title where every opponent they faced were missing star players. This GS team gets away with more hand checking and grabbing than the bad boy Pistons. You want to crown their ass then crown them. I remain skeptical with this watered down product.

Snowball
    Snowball's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3744

Warriors break NBA record tonight.
    14 straight playoff wins.

Durant adds that one more piece that makes them
    too impossible to stop.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10957

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    My God. We've already anointed this overrated GS team to mythical legends. What the full have they done? They've won one title where every opponent they faced were missing star players. This GS team gets away with more hand checking and grabbing than the bad boy Pistons. You want to crown their ass then crown them. I remain skeptical with this watered down product.
    I can't see JIBBBY post. Maybe he blocked me lol

Anyhow, comparing Shaq n kobe teams to this GS team is apples n oranges. The league looked so different even 15-17 yrs ago that it's ridiculous to even compare. Different eras.

Snowball

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    Anyhow, comparing Shaq n kobe teams to this GS team is apples n oranges. The league looked so different even 15-17 yrs ago that it's ridiculous to even compare. Different eras.
    Not really.. the sneakers they wear and the balls were pretty much the same then as they are now,
    and so are the rules. You have to go back to the mid-80s to shift eras.
    1979-80 season which marked the introduction of the 3-point line took a few years for players
    and coaches to fully implement.
    Days of ABA/NBA were different eras with no real comparison possible, not just the rules but
    the sneakers and balls were of inferior quality. So was the pharmaceutical, nutrition, medical
    and travel contingencies. Players were not paid highly and were breathing in second-hand smoke
    from the stands.
    Today's Cavaliers would probably beat the Shaq-Kobe Lakers. Today's Golden State would destroy them.
    Golden State right now is an all-world, all-time level outfit.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10957

Quote Originally Posted by Snowball View Post
    Not really.. the sneakers they wear and the balls were pretty much the same then as they are now,
    and so are the rules. You have to go back to the mid-80s to shift eras.
    1979-80 season which marked the introduction of the 3-point line took a few years for players
    and coaches to fully implement.
    Days of ABA/NBA were different eras with no real comparison possible, not just the rules but
    the sneakers and balls were of inferior quality. So was the pharmaceutical, nutrition, medical
    and travel contingencies. Players were not paid highly and were breathing in second-hand smoke
    from the stands.
    Today's Cavaliers would probably beat the Shaq-Kobe Lakers. Today's Golden State would destroy them.
    No, from 2000-2002 we actually had centers in the game and the dynamics were much different than they are now on many levels. the shoes and the ball might be the same, but the players, the offenses, the defenses, the coaching, it's all different than the early 2000's in more ways than you think.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

It is comical to me that anyone actually thinks Durant and Curry are on the same planet as MJ and Pippen. Too many fukking youngsters.

Add Rodman, Ron Harper, Grant or Kukoc and Chicago probably had the best 5 players.
    went to college with harper. pippen was definitely a beta dog. He didn't do shit in h-town. This team couldn't compete with the lakers/celtics of old. They would spend all their time crying about getting fouled in a league that allowed you to hand check. Could you imagine durrant going for a dunk against lambeir sp

Mac4Lyfe

GTFO - the NBA is a shitty product right now. Most of these role players are average at best. Tristan Thompson can't even shoot 5 feet from the basket but makes $70 million because no one guards him and he pulls down 4 offensive rebounds a game. Draymond grabs, holds, jumps into people, fouling at will and he's the defensive player of the league. Bullshit.

I say again, anyone that thinks Durant, Curry, Draymond and Klay are better than Jordan, Pippen, Harper and Rodman or Magic, Worthy, Kareem, Scott, or Bird, McHale, Chief, Ainge, etc. Don't have a fukking clue.

Snowball

GTFO - the NBA is a shitty product right now. Most of these role players are average at best. Tristan Thompson can't even shoot 5 feet from the basket but makes $70 million because no one guards him and he pulls down 4 offensive rebounds a game. Draymond grabs, holds, jumps into people, fouling at will and he's the defensive player of the league. Bullshit.

I say again, anyone that thinks Durant, Curry, Draymond and Klay are better than Jordan, Pippen, Harper and Rodman or Magic, Worthy, Kareem, Scott, or Bird, McHale, Chief, Ainge, etc. Don't have a fukking clue.
    whatever, nobody will ever know
    and that's why historical comparisions are pointless.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    went to college with harper. pippen was definitely a beta dog. He didn't do shit in h-town. This team couldn't compete with the lakers/celtics of old. They would spend all their time crying about getting fouled in a league that allowed you to hand check. Could you imagine durrant going for a dunk against lambeir sp
    Durant would be picking up teeth if he drove to the lane as much as he did on Thursday night.

Mac4Lyfe

whatever, nobody will ever know
    and that's why historical comparisions are pointless.
    Then why the fukk did you say that GS is at an All World, All Time level? Then how the hell can you say this soft ass Cav's teams can beat the Lakers of old? You're the one making ridiculous claims with nothing to back it.

Snowball

Then why the fukk did you say that GS is at an All World, All Time level? Then how the hell can you say this soft ass Cav's teams can beat the Lakers of old? You're the one making ridiculous claims with nothing to back it.
    what I said was this Cavs team could beat the Shaq-Kobe Lakers of 2000/2...
    If you really think a poll of NBA experts would consider that a ridiculous statement
    then you're a Laker homer.

Mac4Lyfe

what I said was this Cavs team could beat the Shaq-Kobe Lakers of 2000/2...
    If you really think a poll of NBA experts would consider that a ridiculous statement
    then you're a Laker homer.
    You said GS is an all world, all time level...

I don't give a shit about NBA experts. I'm a Cav fan. These Cavs are shit versus any of those Laker teams. I've been around nba players the last 3 decades. This current crop is average at best. Players are very talented physically but lack a lot of heart.

JaimeMiro
    JaimeMiro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Lots of action on GSW -9 cause of game 1 which is like going all in on a Djokovic to win against Nadal cause he held serve? Not taking into account the intangibles... GSW couldn't lose game 1 cause needed to make a statement, same applies for game 2. Problem is, game 1 was a lot closer than it looked especially in the 1st half. Cavs came out flat after the break which is what made the difference. A 11 - 0 or something GSW run to start the 3rd just ain't happening tonight.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13197

lots of theories and feelings being posted, there is only 3-6 games left its not that serious.... Thought we are here to make $$ not get caught in feelings

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32775

GSW wins this series in three games.
    No need to play four.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by JaimeMiro View Post
    Problem is, game 1 was a lot closer than it looked especially in the 1st half. Cavs came out flat after the break which is what made the difference. A 11 - 0 or something GSW run to start the 3rd just ain't happening tonight.
    Were you watching the same game I was?

Cavs were never really in the game, even when they were hanging around, down six in first half.
    GSW won all 48 minutes of that game, For 19 of those 48 minutes Cleveland was hanging around, Cleveland could have been in it if Love wasn't bricking field goal attempts and LeBron wasn't gagging the ball up like Linda Lovelace on a rooster, but those are a ton of ifs.

Having said all that, it would not shock me if Cleveland loses game 2 by five points and covers.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO

^not only that Love had 21 rebounds which I never saw and I read GS missed 15 layups under the basket, Klay also fouls out with just 5 pts and they still win by a good size margin and I think they were up close to 30 at one point.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by Git Lo View Post
    ^not only that Love had 21 rebounds which I never saw and I read GS missed 15 layups under the basket, Klay also fouls out with just 5 pts and they still win by a good size margin and I think they were up close to 30 at one point.
    Love had at least four boards off of missed free throws, I know, I commented to my wife on how the rebound stat was like the save stat in baseball, very misleading.

Love had four 'cheap' rebounds.

Speaking of free throws, Cleveland went the the foul line 9 more times that GSW, even with a 64 percent free throw advantage Cavs still lost by 21.

Why are the Cavs fans struggling with the fact their beloved team got their shit pushed back in by a team that was far from flawless themselves.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    lmao!
    I had 3 units on Cleveland to win the series when they were down 3-1.... hope they lose tonight so the series price gets real good

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    I had 3 units on Cleveland to win the series when they were down 3-1.... hope they lose tonight so the series price gets real good
    Chasing good money after bad money is always a good idea.
    Last season doesn't apply to this season.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    Chasing good money after bad money is always a good idea.
    Last season doesn't apply to this season.
    I've lost more on worse bets......but completely agree with you

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

Love had at least four boards off of missed free throws, I know, I commented to my wife on how the rebound stat was like the save stat in baseball, very misleading.

Love had four 'cheap' rebounds.

Speaking of free throws, Cleveland went the the foul line 9 more times that GSW, even with a 64 percent free throw advantage Cavs still lost by 21.

Why are the Cavs fans struggling with the fact their beloved team got their shit pushed back in by a team that was far from flawless themselves.
    for as good as golden st is.. and they are great.. when they lose, its an ugly sight.. even with KD they've looked bad and lost at times. not saying they're going to lose, just don't think they're and ALLTIME great team.

stevenash

I've lost more on worse bets......but completely agree with you
    I have a laundry list of bad bets.
    Bad beats too come to think about it.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

I have a laundry list of bad bets.
    Bad beats too come to think about it.
    Brewers game yesterday, Knicks/Grizzlies (spread) earlier this year to name a few...

but the point I wanted to make.. is I don't usually throw bets like cavs to win series.. its just the value in the best player in the world at +2100 is hard to pass up so I had to do it and luckily it panned out

stevenash

Brewers game yesterday, Knicks/Grizzlies (spread) earlier this year to name a few...

but the point I wanted to make.. is I don't usually throw bets like cavs to win series.. its just the value in the best player in the world at +2100 is hard to pass up so I had to do it and luckily it panned out
    Oh, last year that was a genius bet, just ain't happening this year is my point.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28769

was a halarious thread. Just 1 of many. Great play btw

i don't bet NBA period, it's just halarious to see all the posters making fun. Sorta like they already are this finals with the "no chance" shit after game 1

amyways spent hours reading and laughing my ass off at threads from last years finals. TY for postings yours it was a goldmine too

shocka1212
    [Too Long]

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    was a halarious thread. Just 1 of many. Great play btw

i don't bet NBA period, it's just halarious to see all the posters making fun. Sorta like they already are this finals with the "no chance" shit after game 1

amyways spent hours reading and laughing my ass off at threads from last years finals. TY for postings yours it was a goldmine too
    no need to bet NBA when you're rag dolling the books in nascar

Walulu
    Walulu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3239

Wow Chico MU grad, huh? From the Midwest then I assume.
    Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post

Brebos
    Brebos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 271

leflop james

play4win
    play4win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5173

another blowout, game is boring as hell

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO

Standard gs fashion

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Ex knicks..shumpfert...Jr Smyth suck on road

cankid
    cankid's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10294

Cavs in dire straits

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28769

no need to bet NBA when you're rag dolling the books in nascar

NardVa
    NardVa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10509

Cavs another bad 3rd quarter....Game Over...

First 123 Last