firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Even if Klay Thompson shows up, he has no shot of being MVP. Durant won't average less than 25. Durant is one of the 5 or 10 greatest scorers in NBA history. Don't think people understand this. Klay can average 22. He's still not putting up better numbers than a 7 foot shooting guard.

agreed, i dont like durants move and he is a bitch but hes easily a top 5-7 scorer in nba history...
    dudes 7 feet tall can shoot from anywhere, create his own shot with a great handle and can manouver his body great in the paint
    what 7 footer can hit a 3, block a shot and do a euro step in the paint in NBA history???

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Kd has been the best scorer for a few yrs now. They were comparing him and melo as rlthe beat scorers not so long ago when melo was still in his prime, that's how long kd has been that deadly on offense.

Harden is knocking on the door but unlike harden, durant doesn't need hand outs from the refs or pan handle to them to get his points

Now that klay was bashed on in this thread, he's most likely gonna go out and drop 30 himself tonight

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Obvious? Who cares. There's no conspiracy.

Wizzle, just bet this. Pounded it actually. We got this

Paco -- you're delusional! LOL.
    It's probably either Durant or Curry. KD at +180 is fine.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11802

Let's go Warriors!! It all starts now!!!

Shute
    Shute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10802

I
    Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    I've said all along this is Durant's moment. He's playing out of his mind. We all knew he'd get crazy good looks in this offense and that's exactly what's happened. Those jump shots are just a little bit cleaner looks and he was already a great shooter to begin with. When they swing the ball around the defense gets out of sorts and he's able to easily drive to the basket.

The Cavs don't want to put LeBron on him. It's simply too taxing given what they need from him on offense. They'll match up in spots but not likely for prolonged stretches. That leaves guys like J.R. Smith, Richard Jefferson, Iman Shumpert, etc to guard KD. Yea that's not gonna cut it. Those guys have no chance.

The Cavs need pretty much a miracle to beat this juggernaut 4 times. The MVP likely comes down to Durant or Curry but KD is more capable of putting up the gaudy numbers. Good chance he averages around 30 and 8 on great shooting percentages. That should get it done.
    Good call twizzle

SteelRain
    SteelRain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6789

Durant tearing the entire Cavs team apart by himself

2Shirts
    2Shirts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 381

Cavs are messing with these pussy farts. They'll bitch slap Curry back in place and once put in a tight spot Durant will disappear.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7635

Look how sharp those team totals are.

lakerboy

When is game 2? Next Thursday?

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20334

Looking nice already

firekillex

curry will be the only person to contend with MVP its obvious. basically a coinflip with durant and curry if you like GSW to win

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11802

KD has a chance based on this first game..

Shute
    Shute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10802

Twizz, best call I've seen. Hopefully it pays

SteelRain
    SteelRain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6789

Quote Originally Posted by Shute View Post
    Twizz, best call I've seen. Hopefully it pays
    Durant has been playing out of his mind the entire playoffs. He is the difference maker

firekillex

shadymcgrady

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Klay has taken a back seat in these playoffs.. That's probably money thrown away.. I don't think Klay will out play KD, Lebron and or Curry.. NO way...
    And the finals slump continues fo klay. Dub nation should just get rid of him next yr. All.he's been thus far is a reg season scorer on occasion. He looked god awful tonight with the eye test. Just garbage

firekillex

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    And the finals slump continues fo klay. Dub nation should just get rid of him next yr. All.he's been thus far is a reg season scorer on occasion. He looked god awful tonight with the eye test. Just garbage

hes played really solid defense and had a great season.. definitely wouldnt trade him hes a perfect fit for the team and doesnt need the ball in his hands since hes an off ball scorer, highly doubt theyd get rid of him that would just be stupid... when durant and curry dominate the ball its hard to always shoot well
    he still had a solid season and is a main piece on the team for defending the best guard on opposing teams and for spacing purposes
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: bryant81

lakerboy

KD doing big things. Oh wait it's game 1

shadymcgrady

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    hes played really solid defense and had a great season.. definitely wouldnt trade him hes a perfect fit for the team and doesnt need the ball in his hands since hes an off ball scorer, highly doubt theyd get rid of him that would just be stupid... when durant and curry dominate the ball its hard to always shoot well
    he still had a solid season and is a main piece on the team for defending the best guard on opposing teams and for spacing purposes
    Yes to all of it but the bigger picture is that durant is simply a better version of him which makes klay redundant and expendable from a business standpoint

t-wizzle

38 points ho hum

t-wizzle

I said 30 and 8. He got 38-8-8 tonight.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Even if Klay Thompson shows up, he has no shot of being MVP. Durant won't average less than 25. Durant is one of the 5 or 10 greatest scorers in NBA history. Don't think people understand this. Klay can average 22. He's still not putting up better numbers than a 7 foot shooting guard.
    When he retires, could he be considered the greatest pure scorer ever? I mean on a talent level I've never seen anything like him. I'm obviously a young guy, have seen some games of the 90s, only highlights of the 70s/80s.

I mean this guy is 7 foot tall, dribbles like a guard, is an elite mid-range shooter, elite 3 point shooter, automatic from the line... He looks like he's developed a better understanding of how to deal with smaller defenders and would probably shit all over Tony Allen today if those matchups happened again.

shadymcgrady

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    When he retires, could he be considered the greatest pure scorer ever? I mean on a talent level I've never seen anything like him. I'm obviously a young guy, have seen some games of the 90s, only highlights of the 70s/80s.

I mean this guy is 7 foot tall, dribbles like a guard, is an elite mid-range shooter, elite 3 point shooter, automatic from the line... He looks like he's developed a better understanding of how to deal with smaller defenders and would probably shit all over Tony Allen today if those matchups happened again.
    He is Ronaldo if lebron is Messi circa 2012ish

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Wasn't Durant favored to win the MVP last time he faced James in the final?
    also played alongside Wade in that series though.....

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

even if the warriors win the series, not going to sit here and say he's the tipping point even though replacing Harrison Barnes with Kevin Durant is pretty scary

t-wizzle

Curry is the best shooter ever.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Curry is the best shooter ever.
    Yeah that's one everyone agrees on.

How about greatest scorers putting it all together, who is in Durant's category? Kobe, Jordan, Dirk I guess would be on the list, I hear names like Gervin etc but it's tough when you've never seen the dude play.

t-wizzle

Yeah that's one everyone agrees on.

How about greatest scorers putting it all together, who is in Durant's category? Kobe, Jordan, Dirk I guess would be on the list, I hear names like Gervin etc but it's tough when you've never seen the dude play.
    Jordan is a better scorer but yea Durant is one of the best pure scorers ever. You covered it all. To sum it up, he's a shooting guard in a 7 foot frame.

firekillex

hes an athletic dirk

people getting better over time.. KD would shit on MJ
    its just the way technology and humans evolve hate it or love it
    watch NFL 50 years ago they would get absolutely mauled by players today

everybody will be on KDS nuts once they win , but its honestly not that impressive they have 4 top 25 players on one team its pretty garbage imo he ruined the integrity of the league and exposed a loophole since curry was on a lower contract due to his ankle issues.. guys a bitch for leaving his team after blowing 3-1 in okc when he had 2 garbage games taking some terrible shots , he couldve won a ring in OKC and had my respect but they way hes gone about his career ill never have respect for him .... still bet on him finals MVP because the values there but all in all hes a top 3 scorer in history but left his own team to join a team that already had the most wins in history... it will always taint his legacy in my eyes hell never be top 10 regardless of rings even though talent wise he is top 10 how contradictory that sounds lol

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

I've said all along this is Durant's moment.
    You said that last year too. You said it was the Thunder's time or something....

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    curry will be the only person to contend with MVP its obvious. basically a coinflip with durant and curry if you like GSW to win
    could be, but durant way stronger possibility, don't think it's a coinflip. curry a dog. Two elite great players, just think Durant will put up a little better numbers with boards and scoring. And mostly that's what it comes down to in the finals.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    You said that last year too. You said it was the Thunder's time or something....
    You can get mad for Durant leaving but can't deny his talent or his team winning it. Durant deserves a title over westbrook.

Westbrook hindered Durant's career. Durant had the potential to be one of the greatest 5 players in history if not for westbrook's alpha mentality.

The thing about Durant is he doesn't care about numbers. He cares about being considered the best.

Durant had the chance to be just as good as Lebron. His rival for many years.

If not for Westbrook...

Now he's just trying to catch up, coincidentally around the same time Lebron won his first ring with who?

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Warriors win= curry

Cavs win=Irving

firekillex

Quote Originally Posted by tony_come View Post
    Warriors win= curry

Cavs win=Irving
    if you were a pro id do a big wager with you for those
    its going to be durant or lebron easily

YouHave2outs
    YouHave2outs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

you would not be using this logic if he had played like crap.

you can always skew things to meet your narrative.

haters gonna hate i believe is how it goes.

First 1234 Last