jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Hamidou Diallo declares for draft before playing his first game for Kentucky

It is why NBA a terrible product

JR year should be rule you can leave

Kentucky may have produced its first none-and-done.
    Heralded shooting guard Hamidou Diallo announced on Twitter on Sunday evening that he is declaring for the NBA draft without ever playing a game for the Wildcats. The 6-foot-5 wing is not hiring an agent, so he’ll have until May 24 to withdraw from the draft and return to school if he chooses.
    Since Diallo graduated from high school last spring and turns 19 in July, he’s eligible for this year’s NBA Draft. He enrolled at Kentucky at the start of spring semester and practiced with the Wildcats during the second half of the season. but he chose not to appear in any games because it was in his best interest.
    Trying to come in at midseason and make an impact is not easy, even for a five-star prospect with first-round talent. Diallo could have damaged his draft stock if he struggled or if he could not crack the Kentucky rotation behind Malik Monk, Isaiah Briscoe and Dominique Hawkins.
    “When I decided to enroll in school in January, my plan was to come to Kentucky to work on my game and to focus on school,” Diallo wrote Sunday. “At the end of the season, I knew I wanted to see where I was in the draft process and go through that so I could get a proper evaluation.”

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 170

Crazy. NBA should move up to age 20.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16005

Any relation to Chieck?

reigle9
    Paint my casket black with a big ass #3
    reigle9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1053

I'd draft this kid. He played the system and it's great. Probably not good enough out of hs, so gets the best training possible at kentucky and only helping his stock.

IBetYou

It wont hurt the NBA product -he wont play in the NBA as a rookie. He'll learn in the DL, and that's better than NCAA.

IBetYou

What hurts the NBA product is all these cynical get to the FT line plays.

The announcers always tell me I have to appreciate how intelligent JHarden is -no I don't!! I appreciate that the rules have blatantly obvious loop holes that are really easy to exploit for anyone with half a brain (the one last night with Westbrook diving into a player for 3FTs was farcical). There.

jjgold

most kids need 3 years of college

It is proven

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

nba needs to lose 5-6 teams too many players in league not nearly enough talent

also need 2 cut playoffs in half, there is never a cinderella ever so why give 8 teams in each conference a shot? femmes like lebron claim season is too long LOL remember they used to complain about the playoffs being too long every year "the second season". theres your solution right there.

will never happen tho

slambam
    slambam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 40

Should allow them to either go pro after HS, or make them wait till after at least their sophomore year.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10986

Quote Originally Posted by slambam View Post
    Should allow them to either go pro after HS, or make them wait till after at least their sophomore year.
    Stupid rule to begin with. The NBA and NFL the only professional leagues with rules that have nothing to do with ability. They do this so that college is their minor leagues without bearing the cost or risk. Some of the NBA's best players went straight to the NBA, bypassing college but their own GM's didn't have enough discipline to self regulate themselves. The NFL has said that a young person's physical frame isn't mature enough so they age discriminate. That is bullshit. I went to school with a guy that was as physical as any NFL pro you could imagine. He didn't need college to get any bigger. I don't like any rule that prevents someone from making money. My daughter has made money at age 6. Who the hell should tell someone they can't make money?

jjgold

Most NBA players did not go straight to the NBA