Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Quote Originally Posted by NardVa View Post
    If I'm making millions in the NBA my siblings wouldn't be driving a 1998 vehicle. Hecouldn't get her something that was 5 to 10 years old.
    Stop!!!!

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21629

That loss certainly wasn't on Thomas. He was great. He played 38 minutes and they were actually +12 with him in the floor. In 10 minutes that he sat they were -16.

kingdom
    kingdom's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1957

Quote Originally Posted by NardVa View Post
    If I'm making millions in the NBA my siblings wouldn't be driving a 1998 vehicle. Hecouldn't get her something that was 5 to 10 years old.
    maybe he bought her a house instead of a car u dumbfukks. amazing what you idiots get out of a story.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 346

Quote Originally Posted by chargers4222 View Post
    Hey guys, quick poll, is this the worst post in internet history?
    Kid played a good game, but couldn't get his team to get the job done. Bottom line of my post was I was right, and I won on a larger than normal size bet.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

Quote Originally Posted by kingdom View Post
    maybe he bought her a house instead of a car u dumbfukks. amazing what you idiots get out of a story.
    My parents were good friends to a very wealthy Orlando businessman. He drives in a beat up pickup truck and is worth over $200 million. I've fished at his lake where he has a modest home. I have another friend that has property all over Miami Beach, worth millions and lives in what I think is a rough part of Miami. When I went to the UF I use to bank at Florida Bank. They had outrageous fees that penalized students and looked down on poor/middle class. One year the parking lot attendant wouldn't let a guy park in their lot because his car looked like a jalopy and parking is hard to come by near campus. The man ended up parking his car down the street and immediately demanded they withdraw all his accounts (like $30 million). The newspaper report ended that they fired the parking lot attendant. LOL

I've driven numerous luxury cars and lived in huge houses/mansions. Guess what? They are not assets, they are liabilities. Have you looked at property taxes on a $2 million dollar home? In Houston it will cost you ~ $8,000/month in taxes. Have you ever paid insurance on a Ferrari? Shit is not cheap and very hard to rationalize if you only drive it a few times a month.

Here's a very similar case...
    BANK LOSES $1 MILLION DEPOSIT IN PARKING VALIDATION DISPUTE

February 21, 1989
    SPOKANE, WASH., FEB. 20 -- A bank in Spokane learned an expensive lesson by refusing to validate a 60-cent parking slip for a destitute-looking man, who retaliated by withdrawing his $1 million account. "If you have $1 in a bank or $1 million, I think they owe you the courtesy of stamping your parking ticket," John Barrier said in an interview today in the Spokane Spokesman-Review. Barrier, 59, said he was wearing his usual shabby clothes last October when he pulled his pickup truck into the Old National Bank parking lot in Spokane. He paid a quick visit to his broker, cashed a check at the bank and then went outside to drive away. The lot boy said there was a 60-cent parking fee, but that Barrier could take his slip inside to get it validated. No problem, he thought, because he had done business at ONB -- now U.S. Bank of Washington -- for more than 30 years. But a teller took one look at his grubby clothes and refused to stamp the parking bill. "She told me the bank only validated parking tickets when a customer made a transaction and that cashing a check wasn't a transaction," said Barrier. The millionaire said he asked the teller to call a bank manager, who also refused. "He looked me up and down and stood back and gave me one of those kinds of looks," said Barrier, turning up his nose to imitate the manager. "I said, 'Fine, you don't need me and I don't need you.' " Barrier withdrew all his money and took it down the street to Seafirst Bank. "The first check he brought me was for $1 million," said Dennis Veter, vice president of Seafirst's main Spokane branch. "You'd never know by looking at him, but you or I should be so lucky." Phyllis Campbell, area manager for U.S. Bank of Washington, confirmed Barrier's story and said the incident prompted the bank to review the way it does business. "Every customer should be treated as a guest. Unfortunately, this incident didn't happen that way," Campbell said. Barrier's picture was taken this month for Seafirst so the bank can promote its new customer in its newsletter this week. While Barrier was standing in front of the Old National Bank building after the photo session, a destitute-looking man walked by. "You see that guy?" Barrier asked. "Well, we're all the same. I'm no better than that guy or anybody else." He says he was born a Texas orphan, made it only through the 10th grade and joined the Navy after marrying young. He came to Spokane in the 1950s and made a lot of money buying and refurbishing old buildings. "Anybody can do it," Barrier said of his wealth. "God gives everybody in life 24 hours a day. It's just how you use those 24 hours that lets you get ahead."

Mac4Lyfe

Thomas was the last pick in the draft. His contract was not the tens of millions a number one would get. He had to claw his way up to where he is today. His first few years he was making good money but not life changing money. Some may say, hey he was making $400k that's a lot of money... Take out taxes in every city, agent fees, property taxes, insurance, etc., and he's lucky to take home anything. If he buys a nice home he's basically broke. I know many athletes that are basically broke and don't even know it. They are so extended with their homes, cars, and insurance, they don't know that their expenses are more than their income until it's too late. Very few guys are as smart as Shaquille O'Neal who never ever spent a game check. Taxes kill many wealthy people. They get a huge bill from Uncle Sam and they are stuck like Chuck.

You know what they say about money? "Money is all relative"... "The more money you have, the more relative's you have"

I thought her car actually looked nice from the pictures I've seen. To assume she wasn't driving a Lambo that her brother didn't love her is absurd. If he did buy her a Porsche some of you idiots would be blaming him for her death.

Foxx
    Foxx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11848

Maybe he offered and she didn't want a car from him. Not everyone likes getting handouts. Good for her if that was the case. RIP.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Everyone getting deep into this one. Who knows, but I got a car a decade newer for $300. A Toyota is nice though, so won't speculate on if he offered, or he did and she said screw it, or just kept money. I didn't actually read what happened anyway.

Someone just died somewhere, and we'll never hear...

There's another.

Aaaaaaaaand another few.

RIP
    Last edited by Cuse0323; 04-17-17 at 01:00 AM.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by Foxx View Post
    Maybe he offered and she didn't want a car from him. Not everyone likes getting handouts. Good for her if that was the case. RIP.
    Exactly... I've never asked for a dime from anyone since I was 13 years old. I've always made my own way and would never take a handout from anyone, least alone family. Some people beg so damn much their hands look like cups.

tsty
    tsty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4345

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Exactly... I've never asked for a dime from anyone since I was 13 years old. I've always made my own way and would never take a handout from anyone, least alone family. Some people beg so damn much their hands look like cups.
    this mentality is penetrating retarded

not receiving help from family so you can feel superior in ur head because u dont get hand outs lol

helping people you love is normal

denying someones help is disrespectful af

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

You don't see many 1998 cars still running

garvardntl
    illegitimum non carborundum
    garvardntl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

killed?

committed suicide is more like it.. in 1998 camry with no seatbelt on, brain dead like that miami picher on a boat with drunken friends... smh

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

He is only making 6.26 million unreal

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

You read different social media sites that he really was not close to her

When was she last at a Boston game where he flew her in???

I hope she was there a few times

Who knows who to beleive

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    You read different social media sites that he really was not close to her

When was she last at a Boston game where he flew her in???

I hope she was there a few times

Who knows who to beleive
    absolute certainty that she was never flown in for a celtics game. doubt if she ever went to a west coast game that he played in. crying before last nights game was an act to offset the fact that he's not going out there for her alleged funeral. may send money though.

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by unusialsusp5 View Post
    absolute certainty that she was never flown in for a celtics game. doubt if she ever went to a west coast game that he played in. crying before last nights game was an act to offset the fact that he's not going out there for her alleged funeral. may send money though.
    I am sure he was sad..knew her since birth but he could not smile

Cameras were all over him and media makes him out like some hero because he played

laughable

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16125

lot of detectives on here lol

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

So the sister turns out to be a half sister. Wish I knew that he had a bunch of half siblings before I bet.

Sounds reminiscent of when Adrian Peterson son died only to later discover that was 1 of like 8 bastard kids of his

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    lot of detectives on here lol
    easy read on this. if it was a real sister he would have flown out immediately. everyone regards half sisters or brothers with half interest depending on what happened with original parent that caused having half sisters or brothers in the first place. if you don't like a new step-parent chances are you are not going to foist a lot of attention to any offspring of his(her).

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20334

So what's the deal on his game 2 status? Is he going home for services or staying in Boston?

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23924

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    So what's the deal on his game 2 status? Is he going home for services or staying in Boston?
    2 full days off between games 2 and 3. Maybe go back then if at all...?

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20334

Quote Originally Posted by funnyb25 View Post
    2 full days off between games 2 and 3. Maybe go back then if at all...?
    Just read that IT's plan is to play tomorrow and then go back home on Wednesday.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16125

He should be in a good place after the funeral (psychologically I mean, not Chicago)

jjgold

Quote Originally Posted by unusialsusp5 View Post
    easy read on this. if it was a real sister he would have flown out immediately. everyone regards half sisters or brothers with half interest depending on what happened with original parent that caused having half sisters or brothers in the first place. if you don't like a new step-parent chances are you are not going to foist a lot of attention to any offspring of his(her).
    He never would of played if he was real close

I hope he pays funeral and other stuff when he goes back

Sad story

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    He is only making 6.26 million unreal
    Very surprising. 23+ mil in the very near future.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by tsty View Post
    this mentality is penetrating retarded
    not receiving help from family so you can feel superior in ur head because u dont get hand outs lol
    helping people you love is normal
    denying someones help is disrespectful af
    You are the one with stinking thinking. I'm a grown ass man, why would I need a handout from anyone? Why would I need to receive help from family? If I want something, I go get it. I don't want anyone getting me anything, I'll get it myself. I don't need to deny anyone's help because I don't need anyone's help "FINANCIALLY". Broke is childish and I'M GROWN... I think it's much more disrespectful for someone to come up to me and beg for money. The problem is not with me, it's with them. Get off your ass and make your own way. When I was a child, I thought like I child but when I grew up I threw away childish ways.

I made a lot of money, I retired my mom and dad (stepdad). I told them both to quit their jobs many years ago. I paid for their house, cars, vacations, expenses, medical bills, etc., until the day they both died. I took my mom on a shopping spree once and told her to get what she wanted. She was so use to looking at the tags that should couldn't even enjoy what she was looking at. I had to finally tell her to not look at the tag (although I still peeked when she wasn't looking). One day she told my wife... "He gives me what I need but he doesn't always give me what I want". Now it wasn't because I didn't try but because most normal people are not going to ask for more than what they need. Do you really think Thomas' sister would ask for more than what she needs? That would be pathetic IMO.

You give a man a fish, he will eat for a day. You teach a man to fish and they eat for a lifetime.

Too many broke minded people in this forum. Somehow IT didn't love his sister because he didn't buy her a new car? Or because she was still living in the same house they grew up in? Or because she was a half sister? They expect him to stupidly spend money to keep up with the Joneses.

Mac4Lyfe

He never would of played if he was real close
    I hope he pays funeral and other stuff when he goes back
    Sad story
    So Brett Favre didn't love his dad for playing less than 24 hours after his dad died behind the wheel of a car? Did Brett not care that one of his sisters has had arrest issues including meth? Should he buy her a new car, house, jewelry to somehow make her happy? Does that mean he doesn't lover her or isn't close to her?

shadymcgrady

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    You are the one with stinking thinking. I'm a grown ass man, why would I need a handout from anyone? Why would I need to receive help from family? If I want something, I go get it. I don't want anyone getting me anything, I'll get it myself. I don't need to deny anyone's help because I don't need anyone's help "FINANCIALLY". Broke is childish and I'M GROWN... I think it's much more disrespectful for someone to come up to me and beg for money. The problem is not with me, it's with them. Get off your ass and make your own way. When I was a child, I thought like I child but when I grew up I threw away childish ways.

I made a lot of money, I retired my mom and dad (stepdad). I told them both to quit their jobs many years ago. I paid for their house, cars, vacations, expenses, medical bills, etc., until the day they both died. I took my mom on a shopping spree once and told her to get what she wanted. She was so use to looking at the tags that should couldn't even enjoy what she was looking at. I had to finally tell her to not look at the tag (although I still peeked when she wasn't looking). One day she told my wife... "He gives me what I need but he doesn't always give me what I want". Now it wasn't because I didn't try but because most normal people are not going to ask for more than what they need. Do you really think Thomas' sister would ask for more than what she needs? That would be pathetic IMO.

You give a man a fish, he will eat for a day. You teach a man to fish and they eat for a lifetime.

Too many broke minded people in this forum. Somehow IT didn't love his sister because he didn't buy her a new car? Or because she was still living in the same house they grew up in? Or because she was a half sister? They expect him to stupidly spend money to keep up with the Joneses.
    Aw man relax mac, I was just saying the dumbest and most ignorant thing that came to my mind bc I fell for the headline and bet boston. I don't truly believe those things, that's what this forum is for

jjgold

I heard a guy on sports talk yesterday saying how anyone pretending to care about someone they do not know is the sillies thing you can ever do, ripping twitter people apologizing/condolences to people they do not even know. He claims then it is all about them.

It was a good point...do any of us really care when something happens to strangers we have zero connection too???

shadymcgrady

I heard a guy on sports talk yesterday saying how anyone pretending to care about someone they do not know is the sillies thing you can ever do, ripping twitter people apologizing/condolences to people they do not even know. He claims then it is all about them.

It was a good point...do any of us really care when something happens to strangers we have zero connection too???
    Only if affects my bottom line in some way

jjgold

Mac Boston should win tonight but spread is risky

shadymcgrady

Chicago 1q or nothing

play4win
    play4win's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5173

usually you suppose win after that kind event! not for him. is it bec he short or something?

First 123