Jakpot
    Jakpot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1232

How to resist that "All In" feeling?

I am struggling to resist that feeling of going all in when I am up couple of dollars. Like yesterday, I was up $1100 but couldn't resist betting lost Kentucky ML and totals bet on nba. How do you guys stay away from it? What is the management tool you guys use if any?

Yankfan4life2
    Update your status
    Yankfan4life2's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5374

Unfortunately, I fall victim into going all in at the wrong time. I have a 25% success rate of doing it. It could be an easy winner but I'll manage to lose it. Just do your best to resist it, unless you're 100000% sure of it.

inv group
    Update your status
    inv group's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 845

Were all guilty of betting more than we should. I wanted to bet more on the Kansas game Saturda, Thank god I didnt I thought about how I would feel if I lost over a certain amount ( DIfferent for everyone). When the amount made me want to puke then I knew it was too much. I stayed within my limits of sanity. I lost the wager, I did go large for my bankroll but the world did not end when I lost.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Only way to resist it is to wake up while the wife is headed to work and you find divorce papers on the kitchen table.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16160

Chain yourself to the radiator (temporary solution).

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

I would be up so much money if I didn't get reckless and start upping my bets.....then I'm not patient and play the next game.

I think we can all pick winners. THe hard part is being patient and managing money.

I just need action.

IBetYou

No, winning is the hard part.

burtonrider726
    burtonrider726's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6656

Place your bet on a computer and don't allow yourself to bet on your phone. I tend to be more compulsive on my phone.

IBetYou

You could have the patience of a saint, it's not going to help you make money. Sit on your hands for weeks and applaud yourself for your patience

I could walk for weeks in any direction and I wont bump into anyone that can beat the NBA lines at a high percentage, with a regular turnover.

dect6.0
    dect6.0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3847

go big or go home. losers always whine about their best. winners go home and penetrate the prom queen.

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

No need to try and resist, just accept that it will happen. Much easier.

Yazworm91
    Live betting is the Devil
    Yazworm91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1353

We all struggle with this in different ways. My problem is I live bet chasing the same game. An example for me was game 4 of the NBA finals last year. Afterwards you just realize how dumb you were. I have no solution because I'm still trying to figure it. We are a gamblers and inherently like action.

coolguy73739
    coolguy73739's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9574

I used to consider Bankroll Management as all Balls till recent past but since then have grown to be more disciplined with my bet size..
    You can never be 100% sure of winning a bet, cause a bet afterall is a bet..
    Stick to one BET SIZE for all imp games that you are taking seriously as your major bet.. For other petty bets you might wanna club them together for a parlay for a max one fourth bet size of your original bet size..
    Again for all above to click, the bottom line is you have to be good at capping with a solid SYSTEM to back instead of random guesses that will wipe you off in no time.. Good luck Mate!

YouHave2outs
    YouHave2outs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

Quote Originally Posted by Jakpot View Post
    I am struggling to resist that feeling of going all in when I am up couple of dollars. Like yesterday, I was up $1100 but couldn't resist betting lost Kentucky ML and totals bet on nba. How do you guys stay away from it? What is the management tool you guys use if any?
    don't get shi t faced

Mike Huntertz
    Mike Huntertz's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 22592

I used to do that "Let's shoot the works" usually after a loss or bad day. Chasing!

I cured it. I know my make-up likes to go BIG sometimes, so I don't fight it.

ONLY ONE BIG BET A YEAR!

For me it is usually a final game and is a ton of fun, sweating it out with a crowd of my friends.

Control the urge don't eliminate it!

Hope this helps a bit?

Also..don't get shit faced.......is a good plan.