ace_202
    ace_202's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 916

If your think Westbrook is the 16/17 MVP then..

.. back the Thunder tonight against the Warriors.

Now let me explain.

By no means am I a huge die-hard Thunder fan or a Warriors-fading bettor but if the Thunder are any chance of winning tonight then Westbrook is going to have at least a triple double. That appears nothing for him these days. However, my angle is that if Westbrook backers who legitimately believe he can win the MVP over other title-contending leaders then have a free bet on him tonight to play like a true MVP and win the game for the Thunder.
    If the Thunder win, then your argument for whether Westbrook should be an MVP is valid and you can bet into the MVP market at the price he is at now.
    If the Thunder lose, then Westbrook's MVP credentials take another hit as he becomes 0-4 against the West-leading Warriors and you can more safely bet into the MVP market on someone else (Harden/Lebron/Kawhi) having already had a crack at the MVP market effectively through this game.

If Westbrook and the Thunder can't beat the Warriors then he simply can't win the MVP.
    By backing the Thunder tonight you are betting more so on if the price is 'true' for Westbrook at the moment in the MVP market.

For me personally, the Thunder will win and win comfortably. Westbrook needs this win even more so with how Lebron and Harden have upped their games in the last week.

Thoughts/discuss?
    Last edited by ace_202; 03-20-17 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Added

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16166

no i wont let you explain

Sport_Fish
    Sport_Fish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2039

MVP is not decided based on the outcome of one game.

Westbrook can put up 40 15 15 tonight and still lose MVP this season - he can put up 20 5 3 and still possibly win MVP depending on how things finish in the season.

ace_202

Quote Originally Posted by Sport_Fish View Post
    MVP is not decided based on the outcome of one game.

Westbrook can put up 40 15 15 tonight and still lose MVP this season - he can put up 20 5 3 and still possibly win MVP depending on how things finish in the season.
    I never said that this would gift him the MVP tonight if Thunder won. Only knock on Westbrook is that he can't contend for the title or at least contend with the big teams. A win tonight would definitely hush those critics.

ace_202

4 from 16 attempts from the floor to finish with 15 points in a game that was so pivotal for his MVP campaign. Season sweep to the title contending Warriors. As far as i'm concerned, Westbrook just denounced himself as this years MVP, unfortunately.

MJ4thQuarter92
    MJ4thQuarter92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 292

No one can ever take you seriously after the many stupid comments you have made in this thread. Westbrook denounces himself as MVP because he has one bad game, which is against the Warriors? Yea, that seems legitimate..
    Even the title of this thread is fuqed..."if your think Westbrook"

ace_202

Quote Originally Posted by MJ4thQuarter92 View Post
    No one can ever take you seriously after the many stupid comments you have made in this thread. Westbrook denounces himself as MVP because he has one bad game, which is against the Warriors? Yea, that seems legitimate..
    Even the title of this thread is fuqed..."if your think Westbrook"
    Apologies for the typo. Will do better next time.