MaddyMax
    MaddyMax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Philadelphia tanked years to get Bogut?

They tanked to get top draft picks. Then they go on to trade some of those draft picks to get Bogut.
    Embiid is great but seems like he will be out for season and might be injury prone in the future. Simmons looks like he will re injured anytime when he comes back next season.
    What is the plan going forward?

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Uhhh no. Dumb thread.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

they have no plan. The plan rides on all Embid and theres no way this guy can hold up in an 82 game season. Traded Noel. Simmons unproven and even if big things are expected he was totally unproven in college. And then theres okafor which theyve totally butchered his ability to grow with the way they rotated him, noels and embid and the constant trade rumors. This franchise sucks

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR
    USCPHILLYGUY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29335

goduke other than constantly trying to solicit bet point loans, why not apply for a GM position with your more than obvious vast expertise in running a major professional basketball program

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Funny, no one was questioning blake griffinforce after he missed his entire rookie yr in order to get into nba gameshape. That is exactly what embiid did and now he's labeled as a walking bandaid? So be it, all these qualms had better be addressed next yr when he carries the sixers into the playoffs as blake did with a dismal clippers team
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: USCPHILLYGUY

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Embiid missed 2.5 out of 3 years yeh that is the same thing

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Quote Originally Posted by USCPHILLYGUY View Post
    goduke other than constantly trying to solicit bet point loans, why not apply for a GM position with your more than obvious vast expertise in running a major professional basketball program
    How is he wrong?

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    again....no incentive at all to play him the rest of the year

funny....I live in philly...am part of the fan base....have gone to a number of games this year and I don't have an issue with it...ive seen his talent level when healthy....nothing more to say.....this is a minor issue that has nothing to do with why he missed time previously

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by MaddyMax View Post
    They tanked to get top draft picks. Then they go on to trade some of those draft picks to get Bogut.
    Embiid is great but seems like he will be out for season and might be injury prone in the future. Simmons looks like he will re injured anytime when he comes back next season.
    What is the plan going forward?
    Last edited by USCPHILLYGUY; 02-27-17 at 03:07 PM.

MaddyMax

again....no incentive at all to play him the rest of the year

funny....I live in philly...am part of the fan base....have gone to a number of games this year and I don't have an issue with it...ive seen his talent level when healthy....nothing more to say.....this is a minor issue that has nothing to do with why he missed time previously
    Incentive is to develop the player to maximum potential.......I guess management won't care about performance of the team if every philly fan is like you.

t-wizzle

Not the Sixers fault that Simmons broke his foot. Sometimes you catch shitty breaks.

Embiid is the real deal like I said 3 years ago when they drafted him. Unfortunately I think he may always be dealing with injuries but we'll see.

Saric is a stud. He will be a good player in this league for years. Outstanding feel for the game and very skilled.

I hated the Noel trade. They obviously weren't going to re-sign him but it was a bad trade. If you want to criticize them for unloading him for essentially nothing, then that's absolutely fair.

Okafor, like I said when he was coming out of college, is a bum. He doesn't have a role in today's NBA. Sure he can score and is gifted around the basket but his deficiencies far outweigh the fact that he can put up 20 points on any given night.

Philly still is LOADED with draft picks. They have all of their own plus the Lakers pick (top 3 protected), and the possibility for a pick swap with the Kings. They will have an endless inflow of talent in the coming years.

Trust the god damn process.

goduke

The problem with picks is whether or not it amounts to anything. What happens if these influx of picks end the same way the ones before them ended? Sometimes a process is just verbiage used to fool the fan base because franchises that suck in this day can still turn a hefty profit without even putting a winner on the court

goduke

Oh so much fun stuff to respond here too. I didn't know asking for point loans were illegal seeing as how a lot of guys on here make interest off them. I never turned pro till a month ago so I was just having some fun and try to jumpstart the process. Sorry it greatly offended you or maybe I knocked you out of a tournament because some of the poker players on here hold huge grudges like little bitches. And as for the gm position, there are probably 1000s of people that are much smarter then 95 percent of the sports gms out there but they aren't an ex pro athlete or a friend of the right people in society. But you go ahead and get duped in philly and pay for your NBA ticket and make the owners money while they laugh at your stupidity and take in their profit and show you nothing in return.
    Points Awarded:

lakerboy gave goduke 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    The problem with picks is whether or not it amounts to anything. What happens if these influx of picks end the same way the ones before them ended? Sometimes a process is just verbiage used to fool the fan base because franchises that suck in this day can still turn a hefty profit without even putting a winner on the court
    Embiid came up with "trust the process." That wasn't management. The fanbase embraced it because they love Embiid.

There's no way ALL their draft picks and future picks will get these same fluke injuries. I'm fine with saying Embiid's injuries aren't a fluke but Simmons was. He looked great in summer ball and then got a small fracture in his foot. Very weird injury, the same as Durant.

Fire in da hole
    Fire in da hole's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1120

Hot damn, Goduke no-doubt hit a nerve when he spoke ill of USC's beloved sixers...

Went ahead and fixed the post for you Philly, thank me later

goduke

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    Embiid came up with "trust the process." That wasn't management. The fanbase embraced it because they love Embiid.

There's no way ALL their draft picks and future picks will get these same fluke injuries. I'm fine with saying Embiid's injuries aren't a fluke but Simmons was. He looked great in summer ball and then got a small fracture in his foot. Very weird injury, the same as Durant.
    But coming out of college he isn't the same player as Durant. And actually hinkle came up with the idea of process thing it just didn't catch on till embid used it. I guess I just look at it like this until they can prove that they can create one player out of the draft that will amount to something you can't trust anything. They are a combination of snake bitten and also stupid by drafting embid okafor and Noels. The time they have invested into Noels and embid is not going to turn out well. If Simmons can come into next year and stay injury free and show some promise then maybe they can turn it around but I won't believe it till I see it once

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    Oh so much fun stuff to respond here too. I didn't know asking for point loans were illegal seeing as how a lot of guys on here make interest off them. I never turned pro till a month ago so I was just having some fun and try to jumpstart the process. Sorry it greatly offended you or maybe I knocked you out of a tournament because some of the poker players on here hold huge grudges like little bitches. And as for the gm position, there are probably 1000s of people that are much smarter then 95 percent of the sports gms out there but they aren't an ex pro athlete or a friend of the right people in society. But you go ahead and get duped in philly and pay for your NBA ticket and make the owners money while they laugh at your stupidity and take in their profit and show you nothing in return.
    I highly doubt you've ever knocked me out of a tourney but if you did I'm confident it was a suckout

my point once again is that this injury Embiid has now has nothing to do with the reason he was out to start his career. He landed wrong driving to the basket. Nothing more nothing less.

Only jerkoffs pay for sporting event tickets.

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    How is he wrong?
    He isn't wrong Lakerboy. USCPhilly has a hard time seeing the truth when it comes to his home teams. He is a major contributor to sports talk radio. He tries to fool the host saying he is a long time listener and first time caller

Thor4140

Not the Sixers fault that Simmons broke his foot. Sometimes you catch shitty breaks.

Embiid is the real deal like I said 3 years ago when they drafted him. Unfortunately I think he may always be dealing with injuries but we'll see.

Saric is a stud. He will be a good player in this league for years. Outstanding feel for the game and very skilled.

I hated the Noel trade. They obviously weren't going to re-sign him but it was a bad trade. If you want to criticize them for unloading him for essentially nothing, then that's absolutely fair.

Okafor, like I said when he was coming out of college, is a bum. He doesn't have a role in today's NBA. Sure he can score and is gifted around the basket but his deficiencies far outweigh the fact that he can put up 20 points on any given night.

Philly still is LOADED with draft picks. They have all of their own plus the Lakers pick (top 3 protected), and the possibility for a pick swap with the Kings. They will have an endless inflow of talent in the coming years.

Trust the god damn process.

what good is being loaded with picks if u can't pick for shit? By the way are u happy the owner made 18 mill last season and his teams net worth in one year went from 700 million to 800 million and he felt a need to raise ticket prices 7 bucks. Now that is a process. It is called bend down and lube up good.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    what good is being loaded with picks if u can't pick for shit? By the way are u happy the owner made 18 mill last season and his teams net worth in one year went from 700 million to 800 million and he felt a need to raise ticket prices 7 bucks. Now that is a process. It is called bend down and lube up good.
    exactly why only fukkin hamburgers go to games

USCPHILLYGUY
    HORSES MODERATOR

He isn't wrong Lakerboy. USCPhilly has a hard time seeing the truth when it comes to his home teams. He is a major contributor to sports talk radio. He tries to fool the host saying he is a long time listener and first time caller

t-wizzle

No I think ownership is cheap and yes I am concerned but they won't miss on every pick. Simmons was primed to be a big part of this team. His injury was a fluke.

Let's see who they get in the upcoming draft.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Phila loses 52 -55 games next year

Maybe 500 in 3 years

Thor4140

No I think ownership is cheap and yes I am concerned but they won't miss on every pick. Simmons was primed to be a big part of this team. His injury was a fluke.

Let's see who they get in the upcoming draft.
    Simmons couldn't shot in college what makes u think he will be able to improve? Hey i love sixer basketball when it is hot but we got so many if's it is getting tiresome. We got four top picks now. We gave up on one for garbage. The other Okkie has been basically run out of town and the other two we hope will be big but have the worst possible thing and that is foot problems. Good thing they are both skinny. U got to hit on at least three of the four when u draft this high. We blew two it seems and the other two we are praying on the hope card.

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by MaddyMax View Post
    Incentive is to develop the player to maximum potential.......I guess management won't care about performance of the team if every philly fan is like you.
    That is why he jacked up prices. He has a potential to get 18 thousand sukers down there

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    exactly why only fukkin hamburgers go to games
    lol

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23996

Guy not even good

kidcudi92
    W and Based Poster
    kidcudi92's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1679

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post

t-wizzle

Simmons couldn't shot in college what makes u think he will be able to improve? Hey i love sixer basketball when it is hot but we got so many if's it is getting tiresome. We got four top picks now. We gave up on one for garbage. The other Okkie has been basically run out of town and the other two we hope will be big but have the worst possible thing and that is foot problems. Good thing they are both skinny. U got to hit on at least three of the four when u draft this high. We blew two it seems and the other two we are praying on the hope card.
    His shooting is a problem but it can get better. His playmaking ability is out of this world.

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10288

The Sac Kings and the 76ers are having a contest to see which front office personnel
    has the lowest basketball IQ.
    The Kings are winning by the smallest of margins.

Philadelphia is home to the most laughable pro franchises of any city in sports.

No wonder the airlines have only outbound flights at Philly International.
    If you ever mistakenly find yourself in Philly...R-U-N, don't walk, out of that city before you contact the Philly braindead disease.

The rest of the USA.....Carry on and keep up the fine work.

MaddyMax

embiid finally confirmed to be out for season.

MaddyMax

Quote Originally Posted by 19th Hole View Post
    The Sac Kings and the 76ers are having a contest to see which front office personnel
    has the lowest basketball IQ.
    The Kings are winning by the smallest of margins.

Philadelphia is home to the most laughable pro franchises of any city in sports.

No wonder the airlines have only outbound flights at Philly International.
    If you ever mistakenly find yourself in Philly...R-U-N, don't walk, out of that city before you contact the Philly braindead disease.

The rest of the USA.....Carry on and keep up the fine work.
    When you fly from Toronto or Montreal to other continents, some of the cheapest flights are connecting through philly. i have been 3 times to philly, but never left the airport...all connection flights.