Notorious_Donk
    Notorious_Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5262

Post your best bet for Friday (NCAAB, NBA, NHL)

Brown +2.5

Covered 7 straight games against Penn and already beat them on the road this year. Penn was favored by 9.5 pts in that game and Brown didn't only cover, but they WON the game by 12 pts. Can't argue with Brown getting points on their home court.

More to come...

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11790

Nothing much to play today.. NHL scares me.. 3 game schedule can't touch.. No NBA...

I don't cap college.. Won't be contributing to this thread today!!

MMA I can contribute...

Try this one fellas, I think it's got a shot.. Kos hasn't fought in a very long time, he's been getting knocked out like crazy when he does.. 5 fight losing streak.. Look for yourself.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Josh-Koscheck-9418

He's fighting an average journeyman fighter basically but I still think he has enough to beat a 39 year old washed up Kos..

Don't load up but try it for a few bucks.. It has a decent chance of hitting and the odds are good at +255..

$50.00 $127.50 Pending 2/18/17 9:31pm Bellator Fighting 3301 Mauricio Alonso +255* vs Josh Koscheck
    Points Awarded:

Notorious_Donk gave JIBBBY 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

2buckluck
    2buckluck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2294

ARKANSAS ST. -7

Arkansas St. is 10-0 at home this season, and 7-2 ATS in their last 9 home games. They have shot 50 percent or better in 12 games this year and at home have outscored opponents an average of 15.5 points per game, 80.2 to 64.7, while shooting 51.3 percent from the field and 38.3 percent beyond the arc. Ark St. has held opponents to 41.3 percent shooting and 30.8 percent behind the 3-point line at home.

Little Rock is 1-4 ATS in their last 5 road games and 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games overall. They are just 4-9 in conference play. Little Rock lost already to Ark St in the first meeting by 5 at home on Jan 14. I believe there’s some value in the line due to Arkansas St. losing their last 2 games so I'm jumping on it.Good luck tonight!
    Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave 2buckluck 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.

2ndchance gave 2buckluck 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Notorious_Donk

Quote Originally Posted by 2buckluck View Post
    ARKANSAS ST. -7

Arkansas St. is 10-0 at home this season, and 7-2 ATS in their last 9 home games. They have shot 50 percent or better in 12 games this year and at home have outscored opponents an average of 15.5 points per game, 80.2 to 64.7, while shooting 51.3 percent from the field and 38.3 percent beyond the arc. Ark St. has held opponents to 41.3 percent shooting and 30.8 percent behind the 3-point line at home.

Little Rock is 1-4 ATS in their last 5 road games and 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games overall. They are just 4-9 in conference play. Little Rock lost already to Ark St in the first meeting by 5 at home on Jan 14. I believe there’s some value in the line due to Arkansas St. losing their last 2 games so I'm jumping on it.Good luck tonight!
    You beat me to it. I got Arkansas St -6.5

Going off buck's explanation above... against Little Rock, Ark St covered both games last year and covered a month ago when they were on the road @ Little Rock. Another interesting thing I saw was they both have a recent common opponent. UT Arlington beat both teams but won by 10 more points against Little Rock. I like looking at recent common opponents so that's just another angle that points to Ark St. BOL

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273605

6 Anaheim Ducks -128

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Stanford / Cal Over 127

Penguins/BlueJackets Under 6.5

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 32174

02/17/2017 @ 04:00 PM CBB [1855] 1H Columbia +4-105

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Princeton ML

winanyday
    winanyday's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 377

This thread is awesome. Would love to see this everyday. Thanks

Notorious_Donk

Quote Originally Posted by winanyday View Post
    Show some love and this will be a daily thread
    Points Awarded:

2ndchance gave Notorious_Donk 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Merella
    Merella's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18827

I really Like the Pens tonight. Sid got the 1k monkey off his back and I feel he's gonna show the surprise CBJ who's boss Also Ducks just because

omega
    omega's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2370

Quote Originally Posted by Notorious_Donk View Post
    You beat me to it. I got Arkansas St -6.5

Going off buck's explanation above... against Little Rock, Ark St covered both games last year and covered a month ago when they were on the road @ Little Rock. Another interesting thing I saw was they both have a recent common opponent. UT Arlington beat both teams but won by 10 more points against Little Rock. I like looking at recent common opponents so that's just another angle that points to Ark St. BOL
    I'm on this too, for all the reasons listed above.

intermission
    intermission's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7120

this ivy league ncaa division is so lame...but i like harvard -8 today

Sircool1
    Sircool1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 560

Iona to cover -10.5

Marist don't do good enough work off the boards and Iona will capitalise on this. I'm laying more points on Iona, moving the line taking an adjusted spread of -15 @ +162.

Fairfield to cover -1.5

Fairfield blew a 10 point H/T lead when these two met in F'field, going down by 2 points will have them mad as hell. They have some good snipers and will go better downtown than the Bobcats. They have to get the job done around their own hoop as they gave Q'Piac to many possessions by not cleaning up rebounds last meet. Once again I'm moving the line and laying more points for Fairfield, -5 @ +160.

Arkansas St cover -6.5

Although LR have shown good improvement I still have them ranked at 258 as a road side in the conference games. State rank at 52 as a Home side and score on average 12 ppg more at home for this period than what LR does as a road side. Moving the line to -11 @ +160.
    Points Awarded:

JIBBBY gave Sircool1 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

ARKANSAS ST. -7

After looking it over this also looks good to me.. I'll try it for a 50 spot.. Thanks, hope it lands!!.. 10 points given..

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by winanyday View Post
    I think more people should give bet points to winners or cappers that explain their picks in posts.. I know will.. That will keep up the interest and sharing for sure.. Help you decide which bets to further cap and tail...
    These threads have winning potential for sure.. I like them too!!

I'll try and contribute my best plays daily for a while longer and explain why..

Sharing is caring, good Karma..

Points Awarded:

bigrich gave JIBBBY 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

winanyday gave JIBBBY 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

PorkChop

Valpal and UIC both at ML+100 really tempting to me.

72'RoseBowlChamp
    72'RoseBowlChamp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1323

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post
    Nothing much to play today.. NHL scares me.. 3 game schedule can't touch.. No NBA...

MMA I can contribute...

Try this one fellas, I think it's got a shot.. Kos hasn't fought in a very long time, he's been getting knocked out like crazy when he does.. 5 fight losing streak.. Look for yourself.. http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Josh-Koscheck-9418

He's fighting an average journeyman fighter basically but I still think he has enough to beat a 39 year old washed up Kos..

Don't load up but try it for a few bucks.. It has a decent chance of hitting and the odds are good at +255..

$50.00 $127.50 Pending 2/18/17 9:31pm Bellator Fighting 3301 Mauricio Alonso +255* vs Josh Koscheck

No way! I live in the same town as Kosh, had no clue that guy still even fights! Last time I saw him fight was when I was In college 4 years ago! And Jeeze feel like he was an Ultimate Fighter Coach on the show a million years ago.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by 72'RoseBowlChamp View Post
    No way! I live in the same town as Kosh, had no clue that guy still even fights! Last time I saw him fight was when I was In college 4 years ago! And Jeeze feel like he was an Ultimate Fighter Coach on the show a million years ago.
    Kos was good at one time.. The 39 year old hasn't fought in 2 years.. Even though he's fighting a border line can I think he's just showing up for a pay check.. Lost 5 in row, 2 years off, almost 40 years old.. Tough not to fade that..

Alonso fought some tough guys in the past, he could get put on his back and lose if Kos uses his wrestling.. Big if though? Kos gave up on his MMA wrestling years ago.. This Alonso http://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Mauricio-Alonso-20758

Like I said this fight should be a coin toss IMO, for those odds I think it's worth the old college try.. Kos sucks!!!!

stackz125
    stackz125's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 362

Ducks
    UIC

omega
    omega's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2370

How did Harvard blow that lead? How big was that lead?

Jack Hoverkamp
    Jack Hoverkamp's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Quote Originally Posted by omega View Post
    How did Harvard blow that lead? How big was that lead?
    It wasn't more than around 15 points. How is Brown losing at home by 25 after 1 half?

winanyday

Close one for Arkansas St. Glad i tailed it. Many thanks!

PorkChop

Quote Originally Posted by PorkChop View Post
    Stanford / Cal Over 127

Penguins/BlueJackets Under 6.5

Looking good

winanyday

Yes, both looking good. Great picks!

What i like about this thread is you dont have to go to different threads to check out top picks from different sports. And almost all are with analysis included.

Great great idea!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

ARKANSAS ST. -7

Excellent win!!! Congrats to everyone on board with this play as I see there were several, I know I was on it...
    You did post this play up first... Group win here..
    Points Awarded:

omega gave JIBBBY 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Quote Originally Posted by trytrytry View Post
    6 Anaheim Ducks -128
    Every once in a while, it feels like the books really know something. Anaheim at home, starting Gibson, only -128 to beat a weak road team, playing their backup and coming off of an emotional victory.

I went heavy on the Ducks and they got killed.

Odd.

coolguy73739
    coolguy73739's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9574

Bookies win close to 70% my estimations.. So they gotta lose 30% that we guys win sparingly plus those wins when we are with the bookies.. So don't be under any wrong impression that Bookies are stupid and don't know how to place their numbers..
    YOU ARE ONLY EATING THEIR LEFTOVER...
    If you are placing your bets with right numbers, system and analysis and win close to 57-60% then you definitely have a chance of making it Big inside betting world..
    These sparring wins don't call for a celebrations and will only make you bet more and lose all finally!!
    I WISH ALL THE VERY BEST!!

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JIBBBY View Post

MMA I can contribute...

This cashed just now.. Glad I can contribute...

$50.00 $127.50 Win 2/18/17 9:31pm Bellator Fighting 3301 Mauricio Alonso +255* vs Josh Koscheck

Jack Hoverkamp

Well done. I tailed.

Jack Hoverkamp

Seems like there is a lot to made off of soft lines on these martial arts contests.

JIBBBY
    JIBBBY's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hoverkamp View Post
    Seems like there is a lot to made off of soft lines on these martial arts contests.
    At times.. Gotta know the fighters and pick the right spots..

Check out the event threads in the UFC section of this forum.. We all cap the fights and do pretty well over there as a group..