HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

For the Record I love Lamar. My comments were aimed at the correlation between Kobe being out, and Lamar having success

williams22
    williams22's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    For the Record I love Lamar. My comments were aimed at the correlation between Kobe being out, and Lamar having success
    So what class are you posting from?

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

My Visual basics class.
    Teach yourself, or in others words BS for an hour.

williams22

My Visual basics class.
    Teach yourself, or in others words BS for an hour.
    Haha nice. Glad to see you are using your time wisely.

jmiezie
    jmiezie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15466

I think Kobe sitting is best thing that ever happened.. Not only for him to see this team can play but also for the team to gain confidence.. When Kobe comes back he will have trust in his team and the offense will flow more freely.. I'm so glad he sat out and can't wait to see the team onces he's back because watch out he will have some huge assist numbers with his new found trust

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Lets see if the Lakers struggle against the "Red Hot" Jazz.

I see an outright win.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

56-41 Lakers at the Half.

Man Kobe needs to comeback soon.

Anyone notice he doesnt even sit on the bench to watch the games?

I really think the team was doing back flips in the locker room when he decided to sit out these last few games.

Really hope an analyst gets off Kobe's jock and point out the Lakers success without him. *sigh*

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7708

Houli i know you are liking this but you know this will only benefit the lakers in the long run and you know at the end of the day they cant win the title without him.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Houli i know you are liking this but you know this will only benefit the lakers in the long run and you know at the end of the day they cant win the title without him.
    NO NO you have it all wrong....

I'm loving this.

THEGREAT30
    A man in need is a man exposed
    THEGREAT30's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Lakers are deep enough to make it a couple of games without Kobe, and then they will fold

lakerboy

NO NO you have it all wrong....

I'm loving this.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Last three games w/o Kobe "Ballhog" Bryant

99-82 Lakers Win
    101-89 Lakers Win
    96-82 Lakers Win

Odom - Three straight Double Double's
    Pau Gasol will most likely be Western Con. Player of the Week.

Yea yea yea Kobe is the key to the Championships. They have to figure out how to beat Lebron first.

williams22

Last three games w/o Kobe "Ballhog" Bryant

99-82 Lakers Win
    101-89 Lakers Win
    96-82 Lakers Win

Odom - Three straight Double Double's
    Pau Gasol will most likely be Western Con. Player of the Week.

Yea yea yea Kobe is the key to the Championships. They have to figure out how to beat Lebron first.

I love it Too bad Kobe can't play well AND help make his teammates better.

Serious question, don't you think Kobe is just a little bit upset that they have played so well without him? He seemed incredibly bitter in the interview I saw with him after last game.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Of course he is mad. He doesnt even sit on the bench with his teammates, while he is INJ.

What a fukking douche. I really thought Kobe was a nice guy, at least he comes off as one in his interviews.

But his absence on the bench in the last 3 games shows that his teammates are better off without him. I just love how nobody on the local broadcast brought it up.

A team shouldn't improve when their "best" player is out.

williams22

Of course he is mad. He doesnt even sit on the bench with his teammates, while he is INJ.

What a fukking douche. I really thought Kobe was a nice guy, at least he comes off as one in his interviews.

But his absence on the bench in the last 3 games shows that his teammates are better off without him. I just love how nobody on the local broadcast brought it up.

A team shouldn't improve when their "best" player is out.

In the interview I saw after their second win without him Kobe hardly complimented his teammates at all but instead talked about how he didn't know what to do when sitting out and how much he hated doing it. Most other stars in the league would give that interview by saying "You know, I hate not being able to play, but these guys have been doing a great job so far...etc".

Odom and Gasol never look this good when Kobe is on the floor.

lakerboy

[quote=williams22;3168382]
    In the interview I saw after their second win without him Kobe hardly complimented his teammates at all but instead talked about how he didn't know what to do when sitting out and how much he hated doing it. Most other stars in the league would give that interview by saying "You know, I hate not being able to play, but these guys have been doing a great job so far...etc".

Odom and Gasol never look this good when Kobe is on the floor.[/quote]

They both looked pretty good in the NBA finals in Orlando last year.

williams22

[quote=lakerboy;3168401]
    Quote Originally Posted by williams22 View Post

Odom and Gasol never look this good when Kobe is on the floor.[/quote]

They both looked pretty good in the NBA finals in Orlando last year.
    True. I'll append "this season" to my prior statement.

lakerboy

This is a good opportunity for the Lakers to gain confidence and thats why Phil is the greatest caoch ever. Im sure it took a lot of swaying to convince Kobe to sit out for the better off the team. This will pay off in the playoffs and might not be a good thing for opponents of the Lakers. The Farmars and Browns will gain lots of confidence and be better for it playoff time especially winning in places like Portland and Utah. As a Laker fan i am very happy to see this development and as all could see Phil took these last few games way more seriously and showed more emotion. Thank You Phil we are on the way to another title.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

I bet the West All Starts win, since Kobe wont play either.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11150

Quote Originally Posted by jmiezie View Post
    I think Kobe sitting is best thing that ever happened.. Not only for him to see this team can play but also for the team to gain confidence.. When Kobe comes back he will have trust in his team and the offense will flow more freely.. I'm so glad he sat out and can't wait to see the team onces he's back because watch out he will have some huge assist numbers with his new found trust
    Kobe wouldn't dish dimes when he played with the dream team Olympic players. What makes you think he's all of a sudden going to change his stripes now

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

This is a good opportunity for the Lakers to gain confidence and thats why Phil is the greatest caoch ever. Im sure it took a lot of swaying to convince Kobe to sit out for the better off the team. This will pay off in the playoffs and might not be a good thing for opponents of the Lakers. The Farmars and Browns will gain lots of confidence and be better for it playoff time especially winning in places like Portland and Utah. As a Laker fan i am very happy to see this development and as all could see Phil took these last few games way more seriously and showed more emotion. Thank You Phil we are on the way to another title.

Ageed. Just imagine if Kobe bought into any of this. Rather Williams likes it or not the Lakers are just better than Cleveland......"IF" and I mean "IF" Kobe buys into the team concept. If Kobe wasn't such an ego maniac the Lakers would probably not lose very often. My point is this Lakers team could have approached a 72-10 type season if Kobe complimented his teamates with his play rather than try to take games over, especially on nites he clearly doesn't have it. Alot of times Kobe's teamates are just standing around and waiting for him to take shots. Bottomline he has a great team as evidenced by the last few games without him. I know it sounds corny, but what if he actually encouraged his players and wanted to make them better who could beat them?? Kobe is all about Kobe.. No debating that.

Williams, I know you love your Cavs and they are good, but really wouldn't stand much of a chance if LA's front line plays in the finals like they have recently. You are basically talking 3 7'0 footers that run like gazelles and keep rebounding and shooting to they make it. Besides there obvious height advantage they are extrememly long. The balls Gasol and company can't rebound or tip back they kick them out to the guards.

Lebron's the best player in the game and Shaq's playing with renewed vigor, but LA's front line will be a beast for them when it counts.

williams22

Quote Originally Posted by lyon804 View Post
    Ageed. Just imagine if Kobe bought into any of this. Rather Williams likes it or not the Lakers are just better than Cleveland......"IF" and I mean "IF" Kobe buys into the team concept. If Kobe wasn't such an ego maniac the Lakers would probably not lose very often. My point is this Lakers team could have approached a 72-10 type season if Kobe complimented his teamates with his play rather than try to take games over, especially on nites he clearly doesn't have it. Alot of times Kobe's teamates are just standing around and waiting for him to take shots. Bottomline he has a great team as evidenced by the last few games without him. I know it sounds corny, but what if he actually encouraged his players and wanted to make them better who could beat them?? Kobe is all about Kobe.. No debating that.

Williams, I know you love your Cavs and they are good, but really wouldn't stand much of a chance if LA's front line plays in the finals like they have recently. You are basically talking 3 7'0 footers that run like gazelles and keep rebounding and shooting to they make it. Besides there obvious height advantage they are extrememly long. The balls Gasol and company can't rebound or tip back they kick them out to the guards.

Lebron's the best player in the game and Shaq's playing with renewed vigor, but LA's front line will be a beast for them when it counts.
    It will certainly be a good matchup. Cleveland's frontline has done a hell of a job defensively against LA so far though. Plus Mo will drop another 20 on Fisher

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Exactly they arent a one man team like the cavs.
    42-11, pretty good for that one man.

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Quote Originally Posted by williams22 View Post
    It will certainly be a good matchup. Cleveland's frontline has done a hell of a job defensively against LA so far though. Plus Mo will drop another 20 on Fisher

Cleveland is a good team and Lebron is the best player in the game today and probably the greatest player that ever lived in the modern era. As I have mentioned before he probably would make the Nets right now a 50 game winner. He's that good. That being said Lebron is not going to overthrow 3 7'0 footers "IF" and "IF" Kobe doesn't try to prove he is better than Lebron if they meet in the Finals. Another compliment to your favorite player... "If Kobe played with the same intentions as Lebron heads up against Cleveland it's game over for Cleveland. LA's supporing cast is just better than Cleveland's.

As far as the Cavs playing LA good that is the regular season. The Cavs are much more interested in proving a point and play those games like a playoff game. LA has not played them when they have been interested yet.

As far as Mo scoring on Fisher.. IMO you are in the beginning phases of seeing less of Fisher. With the emergence of Shannon Brown and Farmar the minutes of Fisher are going to be phased out little by little.

Now these are just my opinions and we are all entitled to them, but keem in mind my opinions are just as unbiased as they come. I am not a fan of neither team or any other team. I am a gambler of NBA not a fan. Actually, I like MLB I just bet NBA for additional income.

vic
    vic's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker View Post
    42-11, pretty good for that one man.
    Still do have Kobe killer instinct. If Kobe did not hit those shot in fourth against Spain. You guy do not think Spain might pull it out?

THEGREAT30
    A man in need is a man exposed
    THEGREAT30's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kobe is hated for winning 4 rings while Devin Dawney ballhawgs on a sorry as South Carolina team and gets praised every night

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by THEGREAT30 View Post
    Kobe is hated for winning 4 rings while Devin Dawney ballhawgs on a sorry as South Carolina team and gets praised every night
    Let me correct you, Kobe has won one ring. Shaq delivered him the other three.

kobefanatic
    kobefanatic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5086

Quote Originally Posted by onlòóker View Post
    Let me correct you, Kobe has won one ring. Shaq delivered him the other three.
    to say that shaq deliver the 4 rings to kobe is just BS, kobe was also important on that team, who is the one who draw the opposing team's attention so that the defense will not collapse on shaq,who is the guy who makes play when shaq has to sit because of foul trouble, or in the closing minute when other teams keep fouling shaq cause he can't shoot his FTS

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

Quote Originally Posted by kobefanatic View Post

to say that shaq deliver the 4 rings to kobe is just BS, kobe was also important on that team, who is the one who draw the opposing team's attention so that the defense will not collapse on shaq,who is the guy who makes play when shaq has to sit because of foul trouble, or in the closing minute when other teams keep fouling shaq cause he can't shoot his FTS
    Shaq was the most dominating force back then, and to say the least, is just being a blind Kobe Fanatic.

anthonyc023
    anthonyc023's Avatar Become A Pro!

how can you say lebron is the greatest player in the modern era i have to simply laugh at that. are you even old enough to drink? do some research on a guy named michael jordan

kobefanatic

it's not being blind, even shaq was dominating back then, can he win it without kobe in 00-02? who on those roster's can compensate for kobe's production?

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

it's not being blind, even shaq was dominating back then, can he win it without kobe in 00-02? who on those roster's can compensate for kobe's production?
    Didn't he leave and win one with out Kobe in Miami?

I love ruffling the feathers of Kobe fans with this.

kobefanatic

read my post again, i said in 00-02, i didn't say in 06 where they faced a choke machine team in DAL ands they got wade who was the ref's golden boy back then, almost all the calls are in favor of miami, or perhaps in Dwade alone

onlooker
    I'm still watching...

read my post again, i said in 00-02, i didn't say in 06 where they faced a choke machine team in DAL ands they got wade who was the ref's golden boy back then, almost all the calls are in favor of miami, or perhaps in Dwade alone
    I know what you said, I was just adding to your frustration. Your the Kobe fan, you tell me what happen in 00-02.

chisox19
    chisox19's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

This team is awesome to watch without Kobe Odom and Gasol remind you how talented they are

First 12345 ... Last