Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

This has to be it for Carmelo in New York right?

This will be the first time in 8 years where Melo is not an All Star and is again on a lottery team. Assuming he waves the trade clause, it's got to happen soon right? Where does he go? How about Melo for Tony Parker?

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

I don't think pop would want a cancer like melo who happens to naturally play the same position as their best player. It's got to be Cleveland or bust. Maybe Chicago with his other but buddy wade but that's like basketball purgatory for the big names right now

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

there is no way that san antonio doe that.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Boston is only team he can fit

no other

PorkChop
    PorkChop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Went 6 for 7 last night JJ, Im swinging with fire . Falcons winning SB. Im loaded up babe

Dan Kelly
    Update your status
    Dan Kelly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 101

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    This will be the first time in 8 years where Melo is not an All Star and is again on a lottery team. Assuming he waves the trade clause, it's got to happen soon right? Where does he go? How about Melo for Tony Parker?
    His wife, LaLa, does not want to move - she loves NYC = I don't think he waives the 'no-trade' because he is super whipped, but I'm just guessing.

BoL

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

no other
    There are plenty of teams that melo could thrive in, Sacramento is one of them. The issue is not padding stats on a bad team, it's about winning it all for him at this point.

One thing for certain, the ny fans here have spoken. Kristaps in, melo out

jjgold

He still has good offensive skills just a loser personality

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 396

Whoever negotiated his contract did a good job. I think Carmelo Anthony gets an additional $5 million a year if he gets traded. He also has an option year he can trigger himself. For a career possibly on the decline, that's a golden ticket in itself.

goduke
    goduke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2270

Only one team he can go to where he won't be an absolute cancer and that's cavs because lebron has a bigger ego then him. Anywhere else he will turn the team into losers

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

Quote Originally Posted by shadymcgrady View Post
    I don't think pop would want a cancer like melo who happens to naturally play the same position as their best player. It's got to be Cleveland or bust. Maybe Chicago with his other but buddy wade but that's like basketball purgatory for the big names right now
    ha, yeap! Noah, Wade, and Rondo. By themselves they are each a nice addition to a team that needs a vet for 24 min a game. Rondo has to be the league's biggest mystery...Leads the league in assists in SAC and then cant get off the bench in CHI.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7684

It seems like the clippers want him and the Knicks will take none of the big 3.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: gauchojake

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

Quote Originally Posted by goduke View Post
    Only one team he can go to where he won't be an absolute cancer and that's cavs because lebron has a bigger ego then him. Anywhere else he will turn the team into losers
    The Cavs have the Durant vs Melo matchup to worry about... I think if they were trying to just make it to the finals they might pull trigger but they will get skewered for any moves that aren't about matching up with GSW.

Here is a crazy one... How about the 76ers? They need a vet and can take him for 5 years. Physically they have the core pieces... need shooters.

triplecrown333
    triplecrown333's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

I wish I can knock that fake ass smile off his face,dude does not care about winning,no gm can be this dumb to take him anymore, dude is staying a loser in ny

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post

no other
    The smart move would be Phoenix but he'd never sign off on it. They have so much young talent in the back court

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Melo is one of the best scorers in the NBA

No one can guard him

I'm not sure where he fits. He needs to be around elite perimeter defenders.

Porzingis will never be as good as Carmelo Anthony. That's a fact.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    The smart move would be Phoenix but he'd never sign off on it. They have so much young talent in the back court
    Like who? Bledsoe and Booker? Those guys already hit their ceiling. Everyone always gets so infatuated with a guy when they're young. Big deal. It's not easy to improve in the NBA. There's no talent comparable to Carmelo anthony on phx. Anthony was an elite NBA player beginning his 2nd year in the NBA. Booker Knight and Bledsoe will never be that. Not even close.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7684

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Melo is one of the best scorers in the NBA

No one can guard him

I'm not sure where he fits. He needs to be around elite perimeter defenders.

Porzingis will never be as good as Carmelo Anthony. That's a fact.
    You keep obsessing over certain players. Anthony is one of the biggest waste of talents ever. Great players play both ends of the court.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    You keep obsessing over certain players. Anthony is one of the biggest waste of talents ever. Great players play both ends of the court.
    Don't see how you can call a hall of famer a waste of talent. Anthony never played good defense his whole career. It is what it is. Everyone in the NBA has different skill sets. Melo is one of the best scorers ever to play. The best defenders in history have tried to stop him in his prime and he's shit on them everytime. Give credit where it is due.

jjgold

I know the NBA more than most here I used to coach in high school interacted with many NBA coaches.

The best fit is Boston and then they can possibly overtake the Cavaliers

The clippers he does not fit they have enough for his type

Cleveland mainly because LeBron can control him

Bluehorseshoe
    Bluehorseshoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1557

Don't see how you can call a hall of famer a waste of talent. Anthony never played good defense his whole career. It is what it is. Everyone in the NBA has different skill sets. Melo is one of the best scorers ever to play. The best defenders in history have tried to stop him in his prime and he's shit on them everytime. Give credit where it is due.
    But what does that scoring mean if it doesn't equate to playoffs wins? He's had decent players around him in Denver.

Also disagree with JJ. With me being a Clipper fan and hating Carmelo with a passion, I think he is a good fit on the Clips if you can keep the other big three on the team. They don't have any scoring up front along side Jordan and Griffin and you wouldn't need him to play defense with those other guys. Just score 17+ a game and they're good.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Bluehorseshoe View Post
    But what does that scoring mean if it doesn't equate to playoffs wins? He's had decent players around him in Denver.

Also disagree with JJ. With me being a Clipper fan and hating Carmelo with a passion, I think he is a good fit on the Clips if you can keep the other big three on the team. They don't have any scoring up front along side Jordan and Griffin and you wouldn't need him to play defense with those other guys. Just score 17+ a game and they're good.
    No one got past the Spurs and Lakers in the west man. Lakers had the 2nd or 3rd best player in NBA history and the Spurs had a top 10 player in history and several other hall of famers. You are comparing Melo's teams to that? Come on. That's unfair to say.

I like how so many people think like Jimmy Butler is a great player or like Demar Derozen etc. These ppl must have never watched Melo play in his prime, cause neither of those guys could hold melo's shit in his day.

Bluehorseshoe

No one got past the Spurs and Lakers in the west man. Lakers had the 2nd or 3rd best player in NBA history and the Spurs had a top 10 player in history and several other hall of famers. You are comparing Melo's teams to that? Come on. That's unfair to say.
    What about Minnesota and the Clippers?

Goat Milk

What about Minnesota and the Clippers?
    What about them?

Bluehorseshoe

What about them?
    They knocked him out of the playoffs.

funnyb25
    Go Get Laid Man!
    funnyb25's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 23984

2 guys I'm tired of hearing about. LeBron and Melo. Lol

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25123

Goat stiff wishing Melo would give him a tip in.

Easy-Rider 66
    Easy-Rider 66's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3341

Ship Melo to ATL and he can play next to another overrated and over payed "Superstar" named Dwight Howard.

Goat Milk

They knocked him out of the playoffs.
    Melo never had a good team man. I don't see how you guys think that. This knicks team was supposed to be his best team ever but Porzingis hasn't done shit, Noah is washed up, and Rose hasn't hit his stride. In Denver, who did he have? Nene and an over-the-hill Billups? Allen Iverson which didn't really work. He's never had a real team.

I feel bad for guys like Melo and Tracy McGrady. Always stuck on shit teams. Dominant hall of fame players.

shocka1212
    [Too Long]
    shocka1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3355

Like who? Bledsoe and Booker? Those guys already hit their ceiling. Everyone always gets so infatuated with a guy when they're young. Big deal. It's not easy to improve in the NBA. There's no talent comparable to Carmelo anthony on phx. Anthony was an elite NBA player beginning his 2nd year in the NBA. Booker Knight and Bledsoe will never be that. Not even close.
    Never said they were comparable to Melo. They are talented, young, and on good contracts. That's what the Knicks need to do. Build around Porzingis and see what pieces fit and which don't. Big time players with massive contracts like Melo, Rose and Noah aren't going to get it done

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by shocka1212 View Post
    Never said they were comparable to Melo. They are talented, young, and on good contracts. That's what the Knicks need to do. Build around Porzingis and see what pieces fit and which don't. Big time players with massive contracts like Melo, Rose and Noah aren't going to get it done
    You think Porzingis is a number 1 option on a championship team? I don't see it. I don't think building a team works either in today's NBA unless you get really lucky like 2 or 3 years in a row like Warriors did with Curry Thompson then Green. It's all about free agency these days.

Bluehorseshoe

Melo never had a good team man. I don't see how you guys think that. This knicks team was supposed to be his best team ever but Porzingis hasn't done shit, Noah is washed up, and Rose hasn't hit his stride. In Denver, who did he have? Nene and an over-the-hill Billups? Allen Iverson which didn't really work. He's never had a real team.

I feel bad for guys like Melo and Tracy McGrady. Always stuck on shit teams. Dominant hall of fame players.
    The Knicks are a shit cast.....But Denver?? He had Nene, Camby, Kenyon Martin, JR Smith. Iverson.

Come on.

jjgold

I want him on Boston

Might actually start liking him then

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3495

Jackson just wants rid of him,hed probably trade him for an ice cream cone if it meant he could get rid of that contract.

Bluehorseshoe

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    Jackson just wants rid of him,hed probably trade him for an ice cream cone if it meant he could get rid of that contract.
    I say a backup forward and a number 1 from the Clippers is all it takes.

123 Last