mkasad23
    mkasad23's Avatar Become A Pro!

lebron is overrated hes a joke sorry has to be said

williams22
    williams22's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by SamsonSharp View Post
    If that site is correct than you are right, I would like to see more sources than some random site though. I still would rather have Kobe with the ball, I can only recall one game winner be lebron in the playoffs (there only win against the magic) but I could be wrong.

I do agree with the poster that said Lebron is the most talented player in the NBA, but its Kobes killer instinct that makes him the best.. Also lebron has passed the rock with time running down something "the best player in the league" should never do. MJ and Kobe always have/had the ball in crutch time

Maybe in a few years lebron will pass up Kobe, but not yet
    I like Lebron's instincts a lot better. He makes the correct play, even if it doesn't mean a shot for himself. He plays the game the right way and has a better understanding of the game than Kobe ever will. Kobe's a scorer, and a great one. Lebron's a basketball player and a leader.

82games is a pretty well-respected stats site and I've seen them referenced in ESPN articles so I don't have any reason to doubt those numbers. If you look up clutch stats (generally defined as last 5 or 2 minutes), Lebron is out of this world.

mkasad23
    mkasad23's Avatar Become A Pro!

he has no finesse just a big guy getting all the calls

williams22

Quote Originally Posted by mkasad23 View Post
    lebron is overrated hes a joke sorry has to be said
    You have absolutely zero knowledge of basketball.

williams22

He's got better touch around the rim than any player in the game. He also passes the ball as well as anyone in the league.

jsmithj88
    jsmithj88's Avatar Become A Pro!

who cares? a guy that is 6'8, 6'9 SHOULD be dunking it all the time
    besides, ur opinions and ur fake threads have been useless anyway, hahaha

elynch
    elynch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

seriously the only knock on him coming into the league was that he can't shoot. Now hes hitting 35 foot 3s dude is unreal

broananik
    broananik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

I think Lebron has a better all-around game but Kobe is just so clutch. It's hard to argue all the last second game winners...

BernardMadoff
    Sam Hurd +3000
    BernardMadoff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 280

All you have to ask yourself is who would you rather have on your team. For me thats Kobe simply because of his hunger, he's always had that necessary hunger to win at any costs and to get on his teammates when they arnt doing what their supposed to be doing. At the end of the game, who would you rather have? Thats a no brainer, Kobe. End of story. Nothing against LeBron.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

.....and hard to argue against all those rings

bkny2cnc
    Update your status
    bkny2cnc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1403

samsonsharp-I do agree with the poster that said Lebron is the most talented player in the NBA, but its Kobes killer instinct that makes him the best.. Also lebron has passed the rock with time running down something "the best player in the league" should never do. MJ and Kobe always have/had the ball in crutch time
    I am sorry to inform you that the greatest player ever,won two championships by drawing the defense and kicking the ball to some open guys(Paxson,Kerr,Armstrong,Hodges)
    Last edited by bkny2cnc; 02-08-10 at 07:57 AM. Reason: samsonsharp quoted the beginning of the post

mp5070
    The Michael Scott Company
    mp5070's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7789

Agree. Give Lebron couple of years and championships and he will become better than Kobe.

mihaita666
    mihaita666's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 502

LeBron is briliant : if the cavs are down to 8, he scores 2 3 pointers and makes one defensive rebound and brings his team back to 2....

WhatAboutMeBitch
    WhatAboutMeBitch's Avatar Become A Pro!

yes he is, and will be for some time. but he does need to start winning some rings

mihaita666
    mihaita666's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 502

cavs will win the title this year, they're the best, for sure

elynch
    elynch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

lebron is better for the first 46 minutes but kobe can be 2-17 shooting like shit all game and you know hes gonna knock down a shot to tie or win the game

williams22

Quote Originally Posted by elynch View Post
    lebron is better for the first 46 minutes but kobe can be 2-17 shooting like shit all game and you know hes gonna knock down a shot to tie or win the game
    Once again, the numbers say otherwise. For whatever reason, the general population of NBA fans is under the false impression that Kobe hits every game winner he takes. If you watch closely, Lebron gets a LOT more negative press every time he misses one compared to Kobe. Lebron has actually made more game winners than Kobe in the last 6 years and has shot a higher percentage in those situations.

You gotta remember, even MJ was only about 30% in game-winning situations.

philosopher876
    philosopher876's Avatar Become A Pro!

williams22.. you're lebron lover. i understand but come on.. lebron has not won one championship yet. Kobe is injured with his broken finger. who plays with broken fingers? i'm not a fan of Kobe but he is very smart basketball player. he conserve his energy for playoffs that's how i look at it and he will elevate his game to another level once the playoff begins. i really believe lakers will win this year even cavs is the number one current standings. last year was the same result..

williams22

Quote Originally Posted by philosopher876 View Post
    williams22.. you're lebron lover. i understand but come on.. lebron has not won one championship yet. Kobe is injured with his broken finger. who plays with broken fingers? i'm not a fan of Kobe but he is very smart basketball player. he conserve his energy for playoffs that's how i look at it and he will elevate his game to another level once the playoff begins. i really believe lakers will win this year even cavs is the number one current standings. last year was the same result..
    I see these two sentences as contradictory. If Kobe were smart and truly believed the regular season mattered as little as all Laker fans like to say it does, why didn't he sit out 3 weeks ago and get himself healthy? His ego has hurt his health and hurt the team as a whole for a few games. If I were a Laker fan I would be hoping him doesn't play until after the All-Star break and comes back at full health. There's certainly something admirable about playing through injuries but you gotta be smart about it. Doing it in the playoffs or in a single game is one thing, but playing game after game hurt is just being stubborn.

While we are at roughly the same point standings-wise as we were last year, things couldn't be more different. The Cavs didn't beat the Lakers in the regular season last year. They also lost to Orlando and split with Boston (this is off the top of my head, if I'm wrong I apologize). Also, the Cavs had very little depth and had very clear matchup problems with both Orlando and the Lakers. That's not the case right now. Time will tell.

First 12