Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Damn...that means that Bill is like 70? I thought Sammy was the oldest here?

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11105

Quote Originally Posted by bigtymer56 View Post
    Wait...Did he make the shot?
    Of course he didn't make the shot. He came up 10 feet short with an air ball. Then he had a huge grin on his face like he didn't know any better.

I coach football, basketball and track. We do not give everyone a trophy in our leagues. But the real lesson is to always be improving. We focus on fundamentals and team ball. We do not baby anyone. If you want your child to be coddled, sign him up for ymca ball. I coach kids that want to be coached. I am tough but I am fair. Every kid and parent knows that I will get in their ass. I volunteer, this is not my day job, so don't waste my time. Our kids have consistently gone on to play at higher levels, there's a reason others try to duplicate what we do. I sometimes cuss, I often yell but I always instruct and we always have fun. Young people have very short attention spans especially boys. If you do not command attention when you speak, you will never teach them. Young boys want discipline, they do not work well if they run over you.

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Of course he didn't make the shot. He came up 10 feet short with an air ball. Then he had a huge grin on his face like he didn't know any better.

I coach football, basketball and track. We do not give everyone a trophy in our leagues. But the real lesson is to always be improving. We focus on fundamentals and team ball. We do not baby anyone. If you want your child to be coddled, sign him up for ymca ball. I coach kids that want to be coached. I am tough but I am fair. Every kid and parent knows that I will get in their ass. I volunteer, this is not my day job, so don't waste my time. Our kids have consistently gone on to play at higher levels, there's a reason others try to duplicate what we do. I sometimes cuss, I often yell but I always instruct and we always have fun. Young people have very short attention spans especially boys. If you do not command attention when you speak, you will never teach them. Young boys want discipline, they do not work well if they run over you.
    He also teaches them it's totally cool to punch girls in the face if they call you a name or push you.

Well rounded

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    Anyone have research on whether longer shots create longer offensive rebounds/ more offensive rebounds? There could be a "number of possessions" factor here in play along with general shooting percentage of 3's/ 2 via OFB, versus conventional offense.NBA game continues to evolve in an interesting way withing existing rules, unlike NFL
    Lot of analytics these days. The NBA analyzes every shot with HD cameras and creates fancy stats. The basic premise is true that the longer the shot the longer the rebound. Shooting 3's allow offenses a better chance of getting rebounds BUT there's a lot of analytics on whether it's better to try and get the offensive board versus getting back on defense and protecting fast breaks in the quick NBA.

This is a good article on where rebounds end up.
    http://grantland.com/features/how-rebounds-work/

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    He also teaches them it's totally cool to punch girls in the face if they call you a name or push you.
    Well rounded
    I have zero problem punching anyone if the situation dictated, especially a crazy drug addicted woman with multiple arrest warrants. Someone calling you a name is not a situation to defend yourself physically IMO. Someone trying to attack you physically is. Man, woman or teen.

Sorry I don't subscribe to your biases that woman can do no wrong. Like I said before, here in Texas we have stand your ground laws. The law makes no mention to gender, size, color, weight, etc. I know many woman that carry guns. If I am threatened I will not hesitate to use deadly force while you lay your coat in a puddle for her to not get her shoes wet while she unloads bullets in your ass.

shadymcgrady
    shadymcgrady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2978

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    I watched a 7th grade AAU game last weekend. The winning team's MVP took home the team's trophy. The player was a high school freshman.

It was a lot like this...

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11934

lol lol

Rich Boy
    Rich Boy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1106

If he can prove he shoots the same percentage from that range then actually a good tactic to make them defend the entire court.

Curry jacks up that shot and nobody second guesses him because he has proven accuracy at that range.

Unlikely to be a high percentage shot though.

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

I have zero problem punching anyone if the situation dictated, especially a crazy drug addicted woman with multiple arrest warrants. Someone calling you a name is not a situation to defend yourself physically IMO. Someone trying to attack you physically is. Man, woman or teen.

Sorry I don't subscribe to your biases that woman can do no wrong. Like I said before, here in Texas we have stand your ground laws. The law makes no mention to gender, size, color, weight, etc. I know many woman that carry guns. If I am threatened I will not hesitate to use deadly force while you lay your coat in a puddle for her to not get her shoes wet while she unloads bullets in your ass.
    We've been over this stuff again and again

Instead of picking apart your arguments point by point I'll just say this...if your defense for shooting someone is that they might have had a gun (which is basically what you are doing defending the use of deadly force against a woman who slapped you) the judge would laugh hysterically at that right before he gave you a life sentence. In Texas or anywhere else.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Boy View Post
    If he can prove he shoots the same percentage from that range then actually a good tactic to make them defend the entire court.

Curry jacks up that shot and nobody second guesses him because he has proven accuracy at that range.

Unlikely to be a high percentage shot though.
    Curry shoots it in the flow of the offence though! The Warriors can get heave shots anytime they want which is why KD got reamed out last week for asking for a clear out. Unless your teammates are also a threat from out there, no point in spreading your man so far out. You can bring him out to 50 ft or 24 ft and same effect.

dlowilly
    dlowilly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 192573

Quote Originally Posted by MinnesotaFats View Post
    Anyone have research on whether longer shots create longer offensive rebounds/ more offensive rebounds? There could be a "number of possessions" factor here in play along with general shooting percentage of 3's/ 2 via OFB, versus conventional offense.
    That's pretty damn interesting

There has to be a point at which the half court shot percentage and offensive rebound percentage would be more beneficial compared to a regular 3 pointer. Not sure a high enough half court % and/or half court rebound % is attainable though.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

I think we know 3s cause long rebounds. Interestingly GSW is 6th worst in offensive rebounds per game while being 2nd best in the league for defensive rebounds. You might say that its not a bad thing because they shoot 50% on FGA so of course there are less boards to be got. So then you have the Spurs who shoot 48% overall and are 9th lowest in offensive boards. GSW shoots the 5th most 3s and the Spurs are 3rd to last in 3Pt FGA. Looking at that anecdotal evidence, the 3 ball doesnt hurt or help the Warriors on the boards.

Like MinnesotaFats said possession #s would be best to take into acct or better yet fast break points against.

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

High school sports are just silly now. Same kid scores 92 on shots our coaches would have us ride the pine for.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

real players would foul the hell out of him and he would get hurt eventually

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    real players would foul the hell out of him and he would get hurt eventually
    We had our own enforcement for guys showboating. You may embarrass us once but you would not do it again without losing a limb.

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

Guess about half the time the kid (Soph.) didn`t cross half court on D.

Amazing to score 92 in any game, but shame on these coaches allowing all this individual crap in a team game.

Shame on the opposing coach not putting the kid on his ass a few times. #Nopride.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    Shooters are extending their range. Being a Rockets fan, I see many 3 point shots. Eric Gordon, Ryan Anderson, and James Harden are not afraid to take a jump shot from 26-27 feet, and that's with plenty of time still on the shot clock.
    Being a rockets fan for life and now living back in houston; there is no way they can win it all with shooting 3 all time. I wish mello or a decent inside player would come here. Capello sp is to skinny to go against big centers and nene is to damn old. Harrell plays decent at times.

chico2663
    chico2663's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

We had our own enforcement for guys showboating. You may embarrass us once but you would not do it again without losing a limb.
    There was a reason lebron had trouble against gcl teams in ohio

Ra77er
    Ra77er's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cherry picking the entire time and not playing defense helps, he does have a nice feel for his shot and court awareness.

Mac4Lyfe

Quote Originally Posted by chico2663 View Post
    There was a reason lebron had trouble against gcl teams in ohio
    Yep...

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

Quote Originally Posted by DOM-Ganador View Post
    Guess about half the time the kid (Soph.) didn`t cross half court on D.

Amazing to score 92 in any game, but shame on these coaches allowing all this individual crap in a team game.

Shame on the opposing coach not putting the kid on his ass a few times. #Nopride.
    Agree, that school seems drunk on fame. Enrollment is probably way up along with tuition since the first ball dropped.

I'd like to see the box score for these kids. Lots of athletes but how many of those fade away 3s did he actually make? Is that a consistent shot or does he shoot 20, make 3?

The Hat
    Washington
    The Hat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

allowing those half court attempts doesn't say much for the coach. Doesn't matter how good a player is, there is still learning and coaching to be done. I'm sure Alford will nip that sh*t in the bud.

Kermit
    My Finger Smells Like Pork
    Kermit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2611

Jesus Christ, how many points got scored in this game?

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110

final score of the game of the video above is 143-121

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

More and more there's no such thing any longer of a can't miss player, I have no idea but so many top recruits fail in college or do not live up to the hype

Football is now impossible to tell who's going to be good and who's not especially from college to pro

The Best these kids can do is 17 points a game in seven rebounds in college

DOM_Toretto
    Hoop Head
    DOM_Toretto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 989

No one has mentioned this yet, but the kid is also ugly as sin.

Major key point.

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9120

new era of basketball trickling down is ruining it for the future. pretty soon middle school ball will be the purest form of the game and the last level defense is taught

First 12