BarstoolProphet
    BarstoolProphet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1530

9 Months of NBA?

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/re...191550933.html

I give the NBA about 15-20 more years before it is completely irrelevant.

Talk about greed,,cheese and rice.

Moving games into OCT,,and playoffs well into June.

They know exactly what the solution is,,but will not give up the revenue. Fing Greed is all it is,,and the end result is a poor product. (Hell it might as well be Made in China)

The real solution ,,so that fans well be assured they get to see their star play; is limit number of games. Stars will get their needed rest.( this is exactly why they do not release starting lineups until 5 mins before tip off.)

B: limit. number of playoff teams,,so that games matter. (it is why the NFL is so popular,,they know teams are out there to win each and every week.) ie: not the browns ..lol

No more 7 game series. only 7 for the finals. period,,,no need for playoffs to extend for 3 months,,jesus.

So in conclusion:

A: Limit games to 70 or less.

B; Limit playoff teams to like 12 or even 8

C. Playoffs are 5 game series then the finals 7 games. This will insure enough rest ,,and the best performance to be expected from the players.

^ NO way in hell this goes...They would lose out on like billions of dollars...and that is not going to happen.

But hey I am just thinking about the fan and the quality of the product,,what the hell do I know.

BarstoolProphet
    BarstoolProphet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1530

BTW

If not for sports wagering,,I would not watch one second of the NBA,,not even the playoffs.

Hell I can barely stomach watching with money on the game... WAYYYYYYYYYY over paid azzholes out there playing and not giving 2 shits.

And this is coming from an OL' schooler that in the 80s,,with the Lakers and Celtics,, could not get enough of the NBA,,,amazing product back then.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16011

Careful what you wish for re the schedule. Personally, I'm disappointed they're doing away with b2bs/ making the schedule easy. As a bettor I like that there's other factors besides who's best wins as makes it more interesting. If teams were well rested before every game the better team would win at a higher rate ...it would be dull, and tougher to win on.