terrenceross
    terrenceross's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Utah Jazz ML

No Favours yet the line is moving in Utahs direction? Why could that be?

Because alot of Utah fans want to trade favours and let Lyles take his spot. Lyles has been looking like a young stud and he will get plenty of play time tonight. As a utah backer, Lyles actually fits with the team better. Favours is too slow to be a PF yet too small to be a C.

Most people see Favours out and think: Hammer Houston.

I say the opposite. They will get better pace from Lyles, which is what were gonna need here.

Also lets be honest here, the REAL reason why the line is a pickem is because Houston doesnt have a single good defending big man to deal with Gobert. Not a single one. Good luck Clint Capela, you are going to need it.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16125

Favors hasn't played a game in weeks, yet you mention him in your write up about 10 times. Not good.

terrenceross

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    Favors hasn't played a game in weeks, yet you mention him in your write up about 10 times. Not good.
    I never said this was the first game he was out. Sorry?

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by terrenceross View Post
    I never said this was the first game he was out. Sorry?
    Favors might be the Jazz's best overall player tbh. He's a force on both ends, and would easily destroy a guy like Ryan Anderson down low. Destroy as in probably 25 and 13 against him if he were playing here.

Not sure about who wins this. Utah played last night. They have some solid perimeter defenders and a good presence down low. Gonna be a good game imo.

terrenceross

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Favors might be the Jazz's best overall player tbh. He's a force on both ends, and would easily destroy a guy like Ryan Anderson down low. Destroy as in probably 25 and 13 against him if he were playing here.
    Which was my whole point. Your average joe public bettor sees that Favours is out and hammers the Rockets. Lyles will get big minutes tonight and if his previous play in lieu of favours is any indication, it wont be that big of a drop off.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by terrenceross View Post
    Which was my whole point. Your average joe public bettor sees that Favours is out and hammers the Rockets. Lyles will get big minutes tonight and if his previous play in lieu of favours is any indication, it wont be that big of a drop off.
    Lyles is solid, he can fill in as a starter for a game here and there and play well. The difference between bench players and starters is consistency every night. Lyles can score 20 for 2-3 games, then have 4 in a game with 3 rebounds. Can't knee jerk react when it comes to these things. Lyles will be spending a lot of time on the perimeter tonight guarding Ryan Anderson. Lyles doesn't really have an offensive game either, so you can't throw it to him for a bucket to expose anderon's horrible post defense. All his points are off assists or cleanups.

Favors has been out for awhile now, and most of the average betters don't even know who Derrick Favors is and how good he is. I doubt they factor that into their bet. Only serious nba gamblers study the players and the matchups.
    GL, I don't think the Jazz need Favors to beat the Rockets. Fatigue worries me though. I wouldn't touch this game.

terrenceross

I agree that he is not a major offensive threat but he is quick and athletic. Something that Anderson is not. And Lyles has proven that he can use his athleticism to his advantage in the offense zone.

Im not overly concerned about that match up because Hill/Hay will score at will and Rudy will absolutely eat Clint Capela's lunch. Something about Rudy these last few games, he has brought the intensity.

terrenceross

Hood is the truth

terrenceross