Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

I just want to clarify a few things.

A large part of what I do happens on the fly.....there are a number of in-game bets, halftime bets, etc. This is the way I wager, and this is the way in which I would prefer to be tracked. I understand that people may, or may not be able to get in on those wagers, it depends how diligent they are with following the thread, and whether or not they have the time available or desire to do so.

As far as I am concerned, if I make a wager, and it is posted within a minute or possible two minutes of the wager being placed....then it would be counted. I always provide tickets, and I always provide screenshots, or will provide them if asked to. There has never been a question, at least not in ages, about the authenticity of my plays or questions about my record from anyone who has bothered to actually read my three threads.

This comes down to a difference in where we want the thread to go. I should have been more diligent in my communications with FG before we started the thread. I want a thread to track my own plays, all of them......he wants a thread that can be easily tailed. It is unfortunate that we are interested in different things.

One of the most important things to me personally, is that I succeed. I am a proud man, and I take what I do quite seriously. If I feel like a system is taking away an edge that I have to succeed (live betting), especially when it is a big part of what I do, then I will only resent said system, and I do not want that.

Best of luck to everyone, and I am sure I will see you all around, and thanks to FG for the work that he provided.

gregmav1
    gregmav1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1350

Keep going D2D. I've noticed your live and halftime plays are where you do end up crushing it and making a profit. Just be specific in your plays when you post so if people are tailing, they're able to correctly.

TrojanMan8
    TrojanMan8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3054

So why not track both? Since it is his thread, the "official" record will be D2D's plays that he gets in before start time (including half-time, live, etc) and create a separate "pre-game" record for plays that occurred X time (eg, 30 min) before the start. It seems like this could easily be solved by additional column in Excel.

This would give D2D more info as to how his pre-game and in-game plays are affecting his bottom line. Seems like a win-win to me.
    Last edited by TrojanMan8; 01-11-15 at 03:12 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Dollars2Donuts

dalogester
    dalogester's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 416

Quote Originally Posted by twestacott View Post
    This is of course based on your years of experience posting at a rate of 55% or better in which thread??????

PS... If you had half a brain and actually did a bit of research then you would know that D2Ds previous thread was 1000s of dollars in the green over a several month period. He has also provided numerous screenshots of longterm gains playing this kind of volume.
    It does not matter if I made my own thread or not. Betting on 20 games in a day is a recipe for disaster. One bad day will crush most people. It sends the wrong message, I'm sorry but betting that many games in a day is not profitable long term.IDC what he did before I'm talking now. He doed much better when he focuses on less games.. We all do!!
    I've seen his old thread. Thank you for trying to insult me but unlike most people here I could give two shits what people say about me. I'm about making money.

fitguy67
    blessed be the cheesemakers
    fitguy67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3358

Quote Originally Posted by Dollars2Donuts View Post
    I want a thread to track my own plays, all of them......he wants a thread that can be easily tailed.
    concise and accurate: the "light beer" conundrum: "great taste" vs. "less filling", lol

you could have both (tail-ability for others and comprehensiveness for yourself) if you adopted a simple

A=basic "easy to tail" tally of the "early-posties" (appropriate for most)

B=extra-curricular "if you snooze you lose" tally of the "fast twitchies"(appropriate for some)

which would allow you to easily create a C=combined, A+B tally (appopriate for D2D)

my point is that as long as you pass off a single "all in" C-type account as "THE" thread record and insinuate that anyone who correctly points out how unrealistic this is...must be driven by jeasously...you'll always have problems getting the credit you deserve...cuz someone will always bring up the hit-ability of some of the, very often large-unit, plays included in the impressive record you present

i suggest that one of the keen sharp cookies take over the easy-to-follow "A" job...but no-one but you can do the "B" job properly...and you'll have to strictly insist that both requirements are met for inclusion:
    *that the play/price/betsize are all posted in some fashion, and
    *that there remains at least a useable amount of "time on the clock" (say 180 seconds) from time-stamp on the post to the time the window at 5d ultimately closed in fact on the play (which for 5d seems to be based on the official start of the game:tip-off, puck-drop, etc. something easily checkable if someone should claim a play was absolutely UN-tail-able)...

screen-shot proof that YOU hit a play is by itself absolutely useless from a tailing perspective if the complete "heads up" post was not time-stamped with (what turned out to be) at least a few, say 3, minutes left on the clock with which to actually tail you...

in other words, there has to be at least SOME finite chance in hell for a highly-motivated D2D-fan to join you on the play...otherwise, i'd suggest you "count" it only among category"D"="d2d-only"=disqualifed from inclusion elsewhere...again which you'd be entirely free to talk about/screenshot etc. but i'd avoid celebrating any of thse babies too much ...as nobody likes someone callously claiming "whew! that saved my ass...hooray for me!"...you got the $ from the play that there was objectively-zero chance of anyone tailing you on(meaning its jet-black...not even a hint of being grey-area) ...be magnanimous on that, bro...mindful that most respected cappers here diligently weed out anything that even hits of grey ...i understand your "this thread is my blog" philosophy, but at least self-disqualify the jet-black' ones...

I think i remember that at the very start of that last thread...sbr's good mormon HigherElement started keeping the books...and things degenerated similarly to the current situation, and for similar reasons...

I hope the more thorough "airing out" of the issues involved this time will lead to an overall better thread down the road, along the lines of that epic "my first day at sbr"thread ...which was both easy to follow AND profitable...
    Last edited by fitguy67; 01-11-15 at 05:08 PM.

John Deere
    Beer Time !!!!!
    John Deere's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5844

No play today D2D?

fitguy67
    blessed be the cheesemakers
    fitguy67's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3358

Quote Originally Posted by John Deere View Post
    No play today D2D?
    i'm sorry for becoming the turd in this thread's punch bowl...

in apologies, i have scoured the forum for the best way to say "and now for something completely different"

appreciation to our buddy smoker to help refocus our minds ontp things more important than "accounting for gamblers"

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post

High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

Never had any issues when I tracked donuts. Was pretty cut and dry at the time. Can't remember why we stopped--think donuts had a tough run and took a break.

If the haters/critics are irrelevant, don't worry about what they think and carry on whichever way you gents like.

hope all is well

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Dollar is an emotional wreck day today and I think he took a break because the pressure of gambling and posting was getting to him

ridersonthestorm
    ridersonthestorm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2383

Whatever cause there is for Dollar's absence, I wish him well and hope for his return.

Wish he would explain his betting choices sometimes for dummies like me. I know I should be grateful for the very fact of posting bets, and I am. Just a small quiet wish.

BOL everyone
    Last edited by ridersonthestorm; 01-11-15 at 08:59 PM.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He will be back

Kid loves gambling drama..solid poster though..one of our top 15

dalogester
    dalogester's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 416

For the record I'm a d2d fan. I mean no disrespect the guy can seriously cap. I just like him more at his best. And from what I've seen its when he is really dialed in on less than 10 games a day.

Russian Rocket
    Kleptoman
    Russian Rocket's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 533

Dollars get back to the old days of doing your own bookkeeping...you've created an unnecessary layer where you have another guy trying to keep up with updating your record for you. And I think he has done a terrific job, but in a reality you don't need to involve anyone into this...it should be a one man show.
    This is the interwebs - you don't know anyone here and no one knows you...who gives a flyin fk if you're having a bad day, week or a month - you should be able to come back here and update your own record. If you lose- you lose...if you post up late - you post up late...no one gives a fk about all these little things.
    Remember you don't owe anything to anyone here...figure out what your agenda (track your own plays, help others to make money or both) in this thread is and come back to posting plays pal.

gl!
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 4 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: twestacott, fitguy67, Jayvegas420, and k2ds

Dollars2Donuts
    Deadly
    Dollars2Donuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 589

Quote Originally Posted by fitguy67 View Post

i'm sorry for becoming the turd in this thread's punch bowl...

in apologies, i have scoured the forum for the best way to say "and now for something completely different"

appreciation to our buddy smoker to help refocus our minds ontp things more important than "accounting for gamblers"

No worries man, you aren't the turd of this thread or any other.

Quote Originally Posted by High3rEl3m3nt View Post
    Never had any issues when I tracked donuts. Was pretty cut and dry at the time. Can't remember why we stopped--think donuts had a tough run and took a break.

If the haters/critics are irrelevant, don't worry about what they think and carry on whichever way you gents like.

hope all is well
    Completely agree.....I took a break after a rough run, I think every guy that caps needs to do that here and there. A break can help a guy see the numbers straight again. I don't recall any issues with anything we did.....

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Dollar is an emotional wreck day today and I think he took a break because the pressure of gambling and posting was getting to him
    Lol, not taking a break at all my friend. Busy times, Melissa was a bit under the weather today and with only 4 months until baby-time, if anyone is emotional in this household, it sure as heck isn't me.

Quote Originally Posted by ridersonthestorm View Post
    Whatever cause there is for Dollar's absence, I wish him well and hope for his return.

Wish he would explain his betting choices sometimes for dummies like me. I know I should be grateful for the very fact of posting bets, and I am. Just a small quiet wish.

BOL everyone
    I do try when I have time.....life is just very busy at this time. I do try to answer questions when they come up as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    He will be back

Kid loves gambling drama..solid poster though..one of our top 15
    Lol, gotta love the drama. I do admit, I get into it.....and can get offended, pissed off....at the same time I tend to be a pretty damn happy camper.

Quote Originally Posted by dalogester View Post
    For the record I'm a d2d fan. I mean no disrespect the guy can seriously cap. I just like him more at his best. And from what I've seen its when he is really dialed in on less than 10 games a day.
    Don't really agree, but everyone has a right to their opinion. I know you have been around my thread for a while and have had some decent input in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket View Post
    Dollars get back to the old days of doing your own bookkeeping...you've created an unnecessary layer where you have another guy trying to keep up with updating your record for you. And I think he has done a terrific job, but in a reality you don't need to involve anyone into this...it should be a one man show.
    This is the interwebs - you don't know anyone here and no one knows you...who gives a flyin fk if you're having a bad day, week or a month - you should be able to come back here and update your own record. If you lose- you lose...if you post up late - you post up late...no one gives a fk about all these little things.
    Remember you don't owe anything to anyone here...figure out what your agenda (track your own plays, help others to make money or both) in this thread is and come back to posting plays pal.

gl!
    Leave it to Rocket to break it down into it's simplest form. I will give it some thought my friend.

In conclusion, I haven't taken a break at all. I had a bit of a rough day today but the Anaheim comeback and a couple of late basketball results certainly helped out.

I am leaving at 5am tomorrow for Charlotte, NC (by way of Dallas). I have a very important week coming up and may not be around much. I certainly didn't want to leave in any sort of dramatic way. All is good, life is good, no problems here at SBR with anyone or anything.

Good luck everyone

Points Awarded:

k2ds gave Dollars2Donuts 12 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Jayvegas420
    Vegas Baby!
    Jayvegas420's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15111

Just because you enjoy reading this thread & are able to Interact, doesn't make it your thread.
    In the end its D2D's thread & its here to serve his purposes.

GL D2D

ridersonthestorm
    ridersonthestorm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2383

Thanks a lot, Dollar, have a pleasant and successful trip.

CameronJ
    CameronJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3534

Where the hell is DONUTS TO DOLLARS????????

First ... 6789