Cornerback
    Cornerback's Avatar Become A Pro!

Warriors @ Mavericks -12

Dallas is playing like shit as of late. Their defense has given up over 100 pts in their last 4 games. Last time these two teams played Golden State spanked Dallas 111-103. So why is Dallas favored by so much? Beats the hell outta me but I still like the Mavs here in a blowout. Anybody else with me? Yay or nay?

Quagmire27
    Quagmire27's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

Yay

lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Golden State has owned Dallas over the last several years ATS and Dallas is struggling at the moment and have not been to good at home covering the spread this year. That being said Golden St is playing worse on the road at the moment and just got blown our last nite..A lot of conflicting things for me... Me, I probably pass here, but if you made me play I would take GS +12. If Golden State was playing a little better and not on B2B this would be a no brainer to take GS, but it would not be +12 then either.

Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by lyon804 View Post
    Golden State has owned Dallas over the last several years ATS and Dallas is struggling at the moment and have not been to good at home covering the spread this year. That being said Golden St is playing worse on the road at the moment and just got blown our last nite..A lot of conflicting things for me... Me, I probably pass here, but if you made me play I would take GS +12. If Golden State was playing a little better and not on B2B this would be a no brainer to take GS, but it would not be +12 then either.
    GS +12 is a no brainer. When last did Dallas win a home game by DD? GS may be playing on b2b but Dallas will still find it hard to beat them.

NBAStats
    NBAStats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 294

Dallas is favored by so much because Golden State is missing their best player. Contrary to public perception I would strongly assert that Maggette has been by far their best player this year.

linedrivr
    I'm your huckleberry
    linedrivr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 432

both teams playing like dung. neither has a defense so maybe the over has some value. Dallas can't be trusted at home with a -3 spread much less a -12 regardless of whom they are playing. Nelly will be up for sticking it to Cuban though. The hate amongst the two is no secret. Maybe Nelly bribes his players enough to get them to play well tonight. If I were playing this game, I would take the points.

landers781
    landers781's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Wow this one is tough. Was leaning towards Dal but need to do more research. The whole world seems to be on GS with good reason besides the B2b factor, but still 12 points! (line opened at 11)

Cornerback

So that's a nay.

Cornerback

2 yay 3 nay

lyon804

Quote Originally Posted by Wilforth View Post
    GS +12 is a no brainer. When last did Dallas win a home game by DD? GS may be playing on b2b but Dallas will still find it hard to beat them.

Wilforth, I respect your opinion as you are one of the sharpest minds here, but keep in mind Dallas really does have the personnel to take that # out. So in regards to that there is no such thing as easy money or no brainers. However, I can agree we are on the same page, but in regards to Golden St recent road play and Dallas struggles I tend to think Dallas breaks out tonite and possibly covers here. With as much conflicting information out there I am gonna conflict things a little more an say this..... It's Golden State +12 or pass in this game. Don't lay 12 pts with Dallas folks.. They haven't earned that.

Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wilforth, I respect your opinion as you are one of the sharpest minds here, but keep in mind Dallas really does have the personnel to take that # out. So in regards to that there is no such thing as easy money or no brainers. However, I can agree we are on the same page, but in regards to Golden St recent road play and Dallas struggles I tend to think Dallas breaks out tonite and possibly covers here. With as much conflicting information out there I am gonna conflict things a little more an say this..... It's Golden State +12 or pass in this game. Don't lay 12 pts with Dallas folks.. They haven't earned that.
    I may have taken things a little far. True, there's no such a thing as a no-brainer in this game. But like you said, the play here is either GS +12 or pass. Dallas don't deserve a play as a DD favorite.
    These are the kind of games I wouldn't even touch. There are better games out there. Toronto -10.5 looks to me like the best pick out there. They'll cover the game spread in the 1H and go on to increase the lead in the 2H.

Cornerback

I really see the Mavs D showing up tonight. They lost their last 3 and this is a perfect opportunity for them to break out.

lyon804

I may have taken things a little far. True, there's no such a thing as a no-brainer in this game. But like you said, the play here is either GS +12 or pass. Dallas don't deserve a play as a DD favorite.
    These are the kind of games I wouldn't even touch. There are better games out there. Toronto -10.5 looks to me like the best pick out there. They'll cover the game spread in the 1H and go on to increase the lead in the 2H.
    I like it too, but the pro's seem to like the Nets. I started a thread with taking Toronto. They got killed on that road trip last week. I wouldn't bet the Nets with a strangers money. It's Toronto or pass.

Quagmire27

The line has gone from 11 to 12, and will keep moving up, because the Rockets did not play well and still blew them out last night. I think Maggette will play tonight, and that is figured into this line, but his jumper has not been there lately, and how eager will he be to drive to the basket with a bum hip ? Monta is having trouble with freethrows because of a stiff wrist. Curry is looking tired, Vladimir is a joke, Biedrins still isn't right, Turiaf still is a maniac, CJ is playing solid, then we have the D-Leaguers... I know Nellie owns the Mavs, but if there was ever a spot for Dallas to fix that, this is it.

lyon804

Quote Originally Posted by Cornerback View Post
    I really see the Mavs D showing up tonight. They lost their last 3 and this is a perfect opportunity for them to break out.
    I wouldn't play it just becasue Dallas seems to play down to there competetion and have a horrible ATS record and have struggled with GS in the past. That being said we can agree Dallas has much better personnel and can take this # out if they come to play tonite. I like to play DD favorites when I believe my team will show up not hope or expect them too. At the end of the day you just have to make your decisions and go with them man! Don't let any of us talk you out of it.I personally don't feel strongly one way or another.

lyon804

Quote Originally Posted by Quagmire27 View Post
    The line has gone from 11 to 12, and will keep moving up, because the Rockets did not play well and still blew them out last night. I think Maggette will play tonight, and that is figured into this line, but his jumper has not been there lately, and how eager will he be to drive to the basket with a bum hip ? Monta is having trouble with freethrows because of a stiff wrist. Curry is looking tired, Vladimir is a joke, Biedrins still isn't right, Turiaf still is a maniac, CJ is playing solid, then we have the D-Leaguers... I know Nellie owns the Mavs, but if there was ever a spot for Dallas to fix that, this is it.

Good insights Quagy

Cornerback

Very insightful opinions guys.

Quagmire27

Just see they are listing Vladimir as out with an injury, I know that's a lie, they are shutting him down because he can't buy a bucket. Not having him on the floor can only make the Warriors better, probably staying away from this game.

frank21
    Witty Comic
    frank21's Avatar Become A Pro!

Golden State D-Leaguers?

KiDBaZkiT
    September 2021 POTM
    KiDBaZkiT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1291

As Dexter posted in hid thread a while ago the Mavs havent covered at home since 11/18/09, They have no buisness being a 12 point fave but I think they are still the play but until the Mavs can show up in the 4th Q be it a road or home game I aint touching that shit squad.

frank21
    Witty Comic
    frank21's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Warriors are a disgrace to the National Basketball Association.

shawnjohn5
    Always looking for a local!
    shawnjohn5's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by NBAStats View Post
    Dallas is favored by so much because Golden State is missing their best player. Contrary to public perception I would strongly assert that Maggette has been by far their best player this year.
    And you would be wrong, I have been to 6 warriors games this year and have watched every other game, and Monta Ellis is by far the best player. Maggette has been incredible NO doubt, but Ellis is the man on that team not Maggette!!! Missing Maggette does hurt though!!

Cornerback

I'm going to state the obvious. If the Warriors were to played a little defense they would be a decent team in the NBA. They average well over 100 points per game. It's their shitty defense that hurts them.

NBAStats
    NBAStats's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 294

Quote Originally Posted by shawnjohn5 View Post
    And you would be wrong, I have been to 6 warriors games this year and have watched every other game, and Monta Ellis is by far the best player. Maggette has been incredible NO doubt, but Ellis is the man on that team not Maggette!!! Missing Maggette does hurt though!!
    Sometimes the eye can be deceiving, as can who shoots the most and is the man.