Gopi-1
    NBA 2009-2010 -- 1-0-0
    Gopi-1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 368

Mad love to all you guys in this forum! (2-01-2010)

and than you to everyone who contributes here!

I've been checking this forum out for the past few days and I'm still at a loss on who to tail or fade. I'm fairly new at betting on the NBA games but I've been following it religiously for the past few years now. Since money's hard to come by nowadays, I decided to jump in and gamble a little bit since gambling is the only thing I'm good at.

I usually scatter my bet/bets on a good day since I started betting games and since I consider yesterday (Monday, 2-01) as a good day for some ass kicking, I played my max bet out for the day, and that is $500. I usually have my own picks before I check this forum out, and luckily, my strongest plays for yesterday (Don't ask me how I came out with it! ) was the Celtics and the under, and the Grizzlies taking the ML. I also decided to tail MexicanStallion, Lakerboy, Over/Under, Quagmire27, djiddish98 and joanapoker, and this is what I came out with:

4-team parlay -- $30 pays $411

Celtics at -5, Celtics/Wizards under (191), Grizzlies ML, and Lakers/Grizzlies under (207) WIN

3-team parlay -- $30 pays $180

Celtics at -5, Celtics/Wizards under (191), and Lakers/Grizzlies under (207) WIN

4-team parlay $50 pays $477.84

Celtics/Wizards under 1h (96 1/2), Suns/Hornets under 1h (107), Heat at -2 1stQ, and Grizzlies pk 1stQ LOSS

4-team parlay -- $30 pays 494.40

Celtics/Wizards under (191), Mavs ML, Grizzlies +1 1h, and Heat -2 1stQ LOSS

4-team 9 point Teaser- A push is a loss -- $360 pays $276.92

Celtics at +4, Celtics/Wizards under (200), Grizzlies +11, and the Nuggets at +2 1/2 WIN

Total money gambled - $500

Total profit for the day - $787.92

Total feeling for a gambler for the day - Priceless!!!

I just wanna share this feel-good story of mine in these trying times and all is not lost for all the gamblers like me!

Busterflywheel
    Busterflywheel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

yea there are some good cappers on here.. I'll say that Congrats

Gopi-1
    NBA 2009-2010 -- 1-0-0

Quote Originally Posted by Busterflywheel View Post
    yea there are some good cappers on here.. I'll say that Congrats

How could I missed you B?

You've been one of the active posters since the day I joined this forum and you've been open about your picks. You're not the one who will hold his cards close to his chest, and I say, BOL to all your future plays and I hope we are always on the same side of the fence!

CHAZ
    5-2-1 (+2.37 units)
    CHAZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3180

Definitely! The guys in here seem to do 10xs better then any of the douche bags in the service section. I follow several of them. Hell there are certain guys I wait to see there take on a game before I make my own bet. I went 4-1 last night thanks to them

SpreadSniper
    SpreadSniper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7261

nice hits with the parlays! congrats... do you always only bet parlays?

Gopi-1
    NBA 2009-2010 -- 1-0-0

Quote Originally Posted by SpreadSniper View Post
    nice hits with the parlays! congrats... do you always only bet parlays?

Thanks!

I don't normally do parlays only. My usual play is if I have a play that I really, really like for a good day of bball, meaning, there will 7 or more games to choose from, I will almost put close to half of my bankroll of what I'm planning to play for that particular day. Just like a couple of nights ago, I was planning to bet $500 for the whole day of plays, I took Orlando (-5) against the Pistons for $250, and the rest of my bankroll for the day ($250) went to 3 and 4 team parlays. The main bet (Magic) pushed, while I only hit 1 of my numerous parlays, which was a 3-teamer for $40, and my day ended as a $10 loser. I decided to do a 4-team 9 point teaser (push loses) as my bet that will save the day for me in case everything goes wrong on my parlays. I will still be $136.92 winner if my teaser was my only winner for the day, and I will take that any day. It is some sort of an experimental day for me and it worked!

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

Stay away from parlays and teasers if you want to make profit long term. And never put more than 5% on any single parlay or teaser. And yea, there are very good cappers in this forum...better than most touts.

williams22
    williams22's Avatar Become A Pro!

As others have said, just be sure to keep any parlays you play small money. They will ultimately hurt you in the end. Other users you should check out/tail: Durrrr, lyon, Tgoat.

Gopi-1
    NBA 2009-2010 -- 1-0-0

Here's what I came up with for today, Tuesday, 2/02/2010:

I'll take Chicago (-7.5) and the under (195).

The Bulls just got one of those rarely seen 5 days of rest in mid-season after a long and tough road trip. The Bulls are one of the hottest teams right now and are home from an impressive road trip, on a sizzling 5-0 SU/ATS run -- all on the road! No team had defeated five straight teams with winning records on the same trip since the league began on Nov. 1, 1946. The Clippers are also playing uninspired basketball on the road right now and it seems they couldn't care less for their coach if he gets fired today. With or without Chris Kaman, I'll take the red hot Bulls any day.

I'm playing the OVER (O/U 200) on the Cavs/Grizzlies game. This looks like a shootout at the OK Corral! The Cavs are turning into an offensive machine in the 1st half and only plays defense in the 2nd half, but the Grizz have more than enough offensive weapons to sustain enough firepower to push the O/U total well over 200.

I might throw some loose coins on the Pistons (-2.5) to take this against the Nets, and if push comes to shove, I might parlay this game to go UNDER (O/U 183.5) too, but go easy on this one, the lowly teams are the most unpredictable teams, so proceed with caution.

I know I may get some flak for this but I gotta feeling that Orlando (-9.5) will cover tonight against the Bucks. I know the Bucks is a covering (and more!) machine right now and riding high on an away win against the Heat, but Andrew Bogut's nifty left hooks and soft finger rolls will be put to the test against the swatting skills of Superman tonight. Plus the Bucks small front line with be hard pressed to defend the long treys the Magic loves to throw all night. As long as the Magic do go easy if the last few minutes turns into garbage and personal stats time, they will cover...

Gopi-1
    NBA 2009-2010 -- 1-0-0

Quote Originally Posted by vyomguy View Post
    Stay away from parlays and teasers if you want to make profit long term. And never put more than 5% on any single parlay or teaser. And yea, there are very good cappers in this forum...better than most touts.
    Quote Originally Posted by williams22 View Post
    As others have said, just be sure to keep any parlays you play small money. They will ultimately hurt you in the end. Other users you should check out/tail: Durrrr, lyon, Tgoat.

Guys, I really appreciate the time you took to respond and giving me sound advises on how this game has to be played!

I'm practically a newbie when in comes to betting NBA games, but I have been a gambler all my life, so I could learn easily. I'm more of a gut feel kind of guy when it comes to any form of gambling and it has served me in good stead so far, but I knew from the very start that you have to combine gut feel AND numbers to be successful at this game.

Thanks for the very helpful Tips and hopefully I can return the favor in the near future by booking winners on my own accord in the near future!

BOL and GL to your plays today guys!