Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

NBA suspends Karl two games for ripping refs

DENVER -- Denver coach George Karl was suspended for two games without pay by the NBA on Wednesday for publicly criticizing officials after the Nuggets' 101-92 loss to New Jersey.

Karl was to begin his suspension with Wednesday night's Nuggets-Hornets game in Denver. He also will sit out Denver's game at Phoenix on Friday night.

Following Monday night's loss to the Nets, Karl suggested Vince Carter flopped twice during the game's final minutes. Karl and Kenyon Martin, who was whistled for fouling Carter with 1:05 left, drew technical fouls and Martin was ejected after drawing a second technical during a subsequent timeout.

"To let Vince Carter flop two calls and get the whistle to end the game. I was disappointed because the effort and energy of [the Nuggets] I thought should have been stood up for," Karl said after the game. "Vince Carter flopped both of them and got the call."

Then, Karl added: "There's a rumor out of the league office that we're trying to take flopping out of the game, but I don't think that was orchestrated very much in those two calls."

Carter said he couldn't recall the first foul but insisted the second one was legitimate. Martin declined to discuss his views "unless you're going to pay my fine."

After reviewing the game tape, Karl acknowledged on Tuesday that the Nuggets did indeed foul Carter on the two plays in question but added that he believed the officials were making up for 14 fouls they called on New Jersey in the third quarter.

Assistant Scott Brooks filled in for Karl, whose suspension was announced by Stu Jackson, the league's senior vice president of basketball operations.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

if i was George Karl. i would have probly ripped the refs too.