Chillin w/Goat til We Do it Again
    Underdog5229's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1604

that's to bad, heat needed him to have any chance in the East

BetweenHerCheeks
    Update your status
    BetweenHerCheeks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 667

bosh was a very selfish player...he morphed into a good 3 point shooter at the cost of an inside presence...who needs a 7-footer shooting threes all game long (unless you are dirk) what a waste. Seemed unwilling/scared to bang in the middle after first year or so in Miami. Seeing 7-footer launching threes makes me sick.

cwnotorious
    cwnotorious's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10757

He will make 70 million the next 3 years and not play a single game, but i bet he would trade that for his long term health.

DeathAdder
    DeathAdder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8209

Raptors fans would take him back. Canadian basketball fans biggest homers

Stallion
    Update your status
    Stallion's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16702

Yes they would, if he could pass the physical.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16160

Who's he? Must be a slow news day.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13389

Pretty much knew this when he started taking blood thinners

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 396

The Rockets dodged a bullet when he decided to go back to Miami.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Inevitable, but sad to hear that. Still getting paid, but definitely not worth your life to keep playing. Not a fan, but I know he wants to keep playing and loves the game.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

This will cost him the HOF he would of made it with a few more decent years.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Quote Originally Posted by rm18 View Post
    This will cost him the HOF he would of made it with a few more decent years.
    He is already in

rm18
    Update your status

If Bosh gets in over Rasheed it is a travesty, could not shine his shoes.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32279

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckG View Post
    He is already in
    This, locked in.

WalkingLuckCharm
    WalkingLuckCharm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2947

Sad

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24869

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    He was done regardless

He is rich so no worries
    What a stupid comment.

He's rich...so what? What do u know about that?

His passion was playing basketball and being the best he could be. That's gone, heartbreaking for him.

Congrats on a great career, Chris!

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

If Bosh gets in over Rasheed it is a travesty, could not shine his shoes.
    Kind of hard to shine his shoes when he is 7 foot tall.

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 396

Chris Bosh does not want to retire, which leaves the Heat in a quandary.

Let’s go over the potential ways this can play out.

1. Chris Bosh chooses to retire. This is likely the option the Heat would prefer. It’s also not happening. Here is what Bosh said on Instagram Friday night.

“Little setbacks happen but that doesn’t change my intentions and what I want to accomplish.”

Or, look at what Bosh said in his recent self-directed video about the process of his return:

“If a doctor tells me, ‘Hey that’s it and this is how that is,’ and I don’t buy that. I have the right to disagree with you. I know inside me I have a lot talent and a lot of ability. I have it. I know I have it. It wasn’t a matter of if I play again, it was when.”

Bosh will not go quietly into that good night. He wants to get back on an NBA court, and he is not giving up that dream.

2. The Heat let Chris Bosh play. This also is not happening (despite the fact that the Heat would be a much better team with him; without Bosh it’s hard to picture the Heat in the playoffs). After the latest failed physical, with another sign of the blood clotting issue that ended his last two seasons, Miami is not going to risk putting him on the court. Bosh and his doctors will likely sit down and try to convince the Heat to let him play, but for reasons ranging from concern for his health to liability, the Heat are not going down that road. This is rather simple in one sense: If Bosh is healthy enough to play the Heat should play him, but clearly the Heat don’t believe he is physically ready.

3. The Heat trade Bosh. This comes up in my Twitter timeline every time we write about Bosh, as if this is some easy fantasy league swap. Here’s the problem: it takes two to tango. What team is so desperate as to give up quality assets so they can take on the three-years, $75.8 million remaining on a contract of a player who may never be cleared by the league to play? And even if he is cleared may not be able to finish seasons? What other team’s doctors are going to say the Heat doctors were flat-out wrong? Even if a team did step up, the NBA has to approve every trade and if it and its doctors think some team is ignoring serious medical issues just to land an All-Star level player, are they going to let the trade go through? Not if the league’s doctors think Bosh is risking his life to play. To put it kindly, the trade option seems highly unlikely.

4. The Heat and Bosh agree to a buyout and he becomes a free agent. This is unlikely from the Heat’s persepective because it is a severe salary cap hit. Remember, Bosh is owed $23.8 million this season and that number just goes up the next two. For argument’s sake, let’s say Bosh agrees to a buyout where he only gets half of the $75 million guaranteed he has coming (and there’s no reason for Bosh to do that), that is still an $11.9 million anchor on the Heat cap this season, and about $13 million each of the next two years. That will hurt their ability to land other free agents and rebuild this team. Miami isn’t going this route (unless Bosh agrees to a ridiculous buyout just to get away from Miami).

5. The Heat waive Bosh then in February apply to have his salary wiped off the books. This is what I think the Heat want to do (they could leave him on the roster until February then waive him, too), but this route also could leave the Heat with a massive salary on the books if Bosh does play eventually. One thing to be clear about here — Bosh would still get paid his full $75.8 million whether he plays or not. Miami still would write the checks, but if the league gets this ruling Bosh would come off the team’s official books, and that salary would not count against the salary cap.
    [/B]

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2016/09/24/...Cbasketball%5D

rm18
    Update your status

The Heat are definitely a playoff team, Remember they were winning at like a 65% clip without Bosh. Wade and Deng are non factors, Richardson and Winslow are better players.

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16160

The Heat are definitely a playoff team, Remember they were winning at like a 65% clip without Bosh. Wade and Deng are non factors, Richardson and Winslow are better players.
    Definitely a lottery team. They replaced Wade with Waiters and Deng with Derrick Williams. They might get overtaken by............................... the Nets.

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

Can never tell if this guy is trolling or flat out retarded.

Taking the Pelicans to win the NBA championship again?

trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10352

Does Bosh have some type of learning disability?

What is so hard for him to understand about this, he must retire, it's not even up for debate? He's just wasting everybody's time, maybe some lawyer or agent is pumping him full of ideas meanwhile charging by the hour..?!?

rm18
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    Definitely a lottery team. They replaced Wade with Waiters and Deng with Derrick Williams. They might get overtaken by............................... the Nets.
    No they are be replaced by Winslow and Richardson who are better players, and backed up by Tyler Johnson.

Mac4Lyfe
    Mac4Lyfe's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11139

Quote Originally Posted by trobin31 View Post
    Does Bosh have some type of learning disability?

What is so hard for him to understand about this, he must retire, it's not even up for debate? He's just wasting everybody's time, maybe some lawyer or agent is pumping him full of ideas meanwhile charging by the hour..?!?
    Why must he retire? He has blood clots... So? Should he lie on his couch and have a clot go to his heart and die being a lazy ass or play the game of basketball that he loves? We all have to go one day. Him playing or not playing is not going to prevent that.

Let him play. The Heat is a ruthless organization. Pat Riley made this move to get him salary off the books. Stand by your players, let them choose to play. Bosh will end up on another team.

trobin31
    trobin31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10352

Quote Originally Posted by Mac4Lyfe View Post
    Why must he retire? He has blood clots... So? Should he lie on his couch and have a clot go to his heart and die being a lazy ass or play the game of basketball that he loves? We all have to go one day. Him playing or not playing is not going to prevent that.

Let him play. The Heat is a ruthless organization. Pat Riley made this move to get him salary off the books. Stand by your players, let them choose to play. Bosh will end up on another team.
    Its not about him getting another clot, it's about the fact he has to take blood thinners and basketball is a physical game where if gets even a minor injury could lead to internal bleeding esp in the head if he falls could kill him instantly. So yes he must retire.