pats3peat
    LETS GO PATS
    pats3peat's Avatar Become A Pro!

BANG, BANG, BANG! Grizzlies +1.5 vs Lakers tomorrow

Are you joking BACK TO BACK for lakers. Lakers were already tired entering today (VIA report from an analyst Kevin Ding). Memphis already were at home JANUARY 30th. No travel.

lakers have to travel ALL THE WAY from Boston to Tennessee (HALF WAY AROUND THE COUNTRY)

BANG BANG. Memphis +1.5, This is sad that this is less than a PK. Automatic win Grizzlies.

Yes i jinxed you and maybe myself with all this guarantee stuff. Probably convinced some people to take Lakers with this thread - but hey thats a dumb bet pretty sure

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

This post blows. No sense of using stats or number or anything. Your just randomly guessing based on weird logic (if you can even call it that).

pats3peat
    LETS GO PATS

You blow. Weird logic, what are you talkin about? Do you understand the concept of rest? Probably a lakers bandwagoner.

iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

I absolutely love the Grizzlies in this spot and will be playing it large for the following reasons:

1. Grizzlies had their 11 game home winning streak snapped in their last game, a hard fought OT loss to the Hornets.

2). Grizzlies are 17-6 at home this season.

3). Lakers current spot, playing 8th straight road game in an 11 day period, not to mention a hard, fought 1 point victory over Boston earlier today.

4). Even though the Lakers have upped their scoring average over the past 5 (disregarding today) it was against shit competition, Knicks, Wizards, Raptors, Pacers, and Sixers.

5). Lakers do not have a good history against Memphis, 6-14 ATS in past 20 H2H and 4-9 ATS in Memphis last 13.

6). Memphis is young and athletic, if I'm coaching them with the Lakers current state, I am pushing the tempo every chance I get, the Grizz have the players that can do this and will lead to an outright win.

The only good sign for the Lakers is that they are 9-3 SU on no day rest, but I feel they have not been put in a situation this tough as what they will face today in a pissed off, well rested Memphis squad.

Good luck with the play, I'll be on them as well.

pats3peat
    LETS GO PATS

thanks you too. This game is 50/50 on a neutral court I think. In memphis? I'll definitely take this bet.
    I smacked on 75 points for this bet.

The bet seems almost too easy ... but i guess the public overrates lakers so linesmakers can set it like this. I expect line to go down though

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by iceminers26 View Post
    I absolutely love the Grizzlies in this spot and will be playing it large for the following reasons:

1. Grizzlies had their 11 game home winning streak snapped in their last game, a hard fought OT loss to the Hornets.

3). Lakers current spot, playing 8th straight road game in an 11 day period, not to mention a hard, fought 1 point victory over Boston earlier today.

4). Even though the Lakers have upped their scoring average over the past 5 (disregarding today) it was against shit competition, Knicks, Wizards, Raptors, Pacers, and Sixers.

5). Lakers do not have a good history against Memphis, 6-14 ATS in past 20 H2H and 4-9 ATS in Memphis last 13.

6). Memphis is young and athletic, if I'm coaching them with the Lakers current state, I am pushing the tempo every chance I get, the Grizz have the players that can do this and will lead to an outright win.

The only good sign for the Lakers is that they are 9-3 SU on no day rest, but I feel they have not been put in a situation this tough as what they will face today in a pissed off, well rested Memphis squad.

Add it all up, though, and you wonder why the Grizz are underdogs.

pats3peat
    LETS GO PATS

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    I dont know if you should wonder though - because line opened at 2.5 ... (according to scoresandodds) and now down to 1.5

iceminers26

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Because they are playing the Lakers, this line is all in the name.

pats3peat
    LETS GO PATS

Because they are playing the Lakers, this line is all in the name.
    Yeah, pretty there is zero reason besides the name here.

Its good to be a skeptic as a bettor though.... im gonna be wondering if this doesnt go down to PK

iceminers26

Here's my thoughts in terms of the line, why would Vegas pin the Lakers as dogs when they will already get plenty of action on them as a short favorite without raising too many red flags. If they opened them up at small dogs, it would raise too many ?s and they would actually lose action. IMO, this line should be -3.5 in favor of the home team, but will gladly take the 2 points because the Grizz win this one by no less than 6 IMO.

pats3peat
    LETS GO PATS

Here's my thoughts in terms of the line, why would Vegas pin the Lakers as dogs when they will already get plenty of action on them as a short favorite without raising too many red flags. If they opened them up at small dogs, it would raise too many ?s and they would actually lose action. IMO, this line should be -3.5 in favor of the home team, but will gladly take the 2 points because the Grizz win this one by no less than 6 IMO.
    I agree great analysis

They are going to get away with it.
    And the other funny thing is maybe they are gonna confuse some bettors thinking too much who realize Memphis should win "Hey why are Lakers favored"

This could be grizzlies by 6+ werd

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

True.

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Take Notes pats3peat....

I'll be on them as well.

Now this is a cogent post that is believable.

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

Yup, like the Grizzlies. Hopefully public moves this line so I can get a few more points.

tylerguy02
    tylerguy02's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 127

Do you think I should pull the trigger now at +2 or wait until tomorrow to see if I can get an extra point or two?

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

Lakers Roll. Big Brother Gasol will make lil brother look like a punk

iceminers26

Quote Originally Posted by tylerguy02 View Post
    Do you think I should pull the trigger now at +2 or wait until tomorrow to see if I can get an extra point or two?
    IMO, if you are playing the points, I would jump on it at 2 now. I am playing the 2 now and waiting on the money line play tomorrow, if the line goes up, I get a better price, but I highly doubt this line will get any higher, I expect it may even drop a half point or a point by tip.

nulldah
    nulldah's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

similar to when lakers faced toronto, memphis another strong home team.. still wait for line go back to 2.5. safer both teams like to go down stretch decided by 1 or 2 points

dknight734
    dknight734's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 186

u don't think maybe the lakers will play hard, i mean they stilll got kobe to light it up and gasol on the boards. i do remember what happened to them against the jazz a 12/12, where the line was lakers -2 and they just got killed by utah, on a b2b where they beat min the night before and had to travel to utah.

dknight734
    dknight734's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 186

lakers b2b stats for the past 2 months
    12/11 min W104-92
    12/12 @utah L 94-102

12/15 @chi W96-87
    12/16 @mil W107-106 ot

12/19 @njn W103-84
    12/20 @det W93-81

12/25 cle L97-102
    12/26 @sac W112-103 ot

12/28 @phx L103-118
    12/29 gsw W124-118

01/05 hou W88-79
    01/06 @lac L91-102 (which was basically a home game)

01/12 @sas L85-105
    01/13 dal W100-95

01/21 @cle L87-93
    01/22 @nyk W115-105

01/26 @was W115-103
    01/27 @ind W118-96

01/31 @ bos W90-89
    02/01 @mem ???

they do pretty well on b2b

Quagmire27
    Quagmire27's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

I figure the Grizz get this, but too close to a coin flip for me too wager on...

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    disagree, usually the dominant will take it easy on the inferior in public.

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Great, i wanted the Grizzlies and this guy had to make a thread about it.

Quagmire27
    Quagmire27's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

Quote Originally Posted by Ace_of_Spades View Post
    Great, i wanted the Grizzlies and this guy had to make a thread about it.
    waaah

lakerfan420
    lakerfan420's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Quote Originally Posted by paco View Post
    books want you to bet grizzlies cause lakers are "on the road and b2b" be realistic guys.. this is the lakers vs the grizzlies... lakers will roll.

tylerguy02

Quote Originally Posted by lakerfan420 View Post
    books want you to bet grizzlies cause lakers are "on the road and b2b" be realistic guys.. this is the lakers vs the grizzlies... lakers will roll.

not unbiased at all....

AzNDooM
    St.Louis blues WIN ML
    AzNDooM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3523

f*ck.. this guy is the goods. Keep this post stuff up... I felt compelled to take memphis but after hearing your reasoning justify more the cause to put money on them.

sharpmoney
    sharpmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!

Everything points to the grizzlies in this one but not really interested getting only two points. For the lakers this will be there last road game of an eight game stretch for them and head home, I just don't think we will get there best effort tomorrow. Maybe moneyline it tomorrow for memphis if were getting a good enough price. I think this game goes under 207, I would be surprised if the lakers go over 100 tomorrow.

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7589

the ats number for the grizzlies v lakers is due in large part to double digit numbers either in memphis or in l.a.. this really is not a good spot for the grizz, their home streak is over, and they have no bench and are getting tired. i lean strongly to the lakers here.

CJ_Gamble
    CJ_Gamble's Avatar Become A Pro!

this is hard to pick actually

tylerguy02

Bodog is up to Grizz +2.5 now.

AzNDooM
    St.Louis blues WIN ML
    AzNDooM's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3523

Just on the above information, Memphis is 0-4 SU 1-3 ATS vs lakers this year and currently no really big injuries on LA. LA has a great bench and although they are playing alot of road games, they are 9-12-1 ATS overall.
    Fatique will be a factor, but Marc Gasol never plays well against his brother Paul and the matchups on paper favours LA Lakers. Any others thoughts on this?

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7589

Quote Originally Posted by sharpmoney View Post
    I think this game goes under 207, I would be surprised if the lakers go over 100 tomorrow.
    you would think, and that number does seem high, but the lakers bench can do whatever they want to the grizz offensively. the grizz don't have the horses to play both sides of the ball esp after all they've been doing lately. their starters average probably the most minutes of any starting 5 in the league, though i don't have any numbers to back that up.

bigboyfosho
    bigboyfosho's Avatar Become A Pro!

The lakers are covering machines

tylerguy02

Quote Originally Posted by bigboyfosho View Post
    The lakers are covering machines
    They didn't cover the +1 1/2 that I got for Boston and many books pushed today.

iceminers26

Quote Originally Posted by dknight734 View Post
    u don't think maybe the lakers will play hard, i mean they stilll got kobe to light it up and gasol on the boards. i do remember what happened to them against the jazz a 12/12, where the line was lakers -2 and they just got killed by utah, on a b2b where they beat min the night before and had to travel to utah.
    Even though part of my angle is the Lakers' situational spot and the current line, I am not playing this as just a Lakers fade, its more the opposite if anything because I feel the Grizz have proven they are an elite team at home.

12 Last