lyon804
    lyon804's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1011

Tonite was a huge nite$$$$

If you are a bettor that plays alot of the obvious stuff. At a glance type stuff with your joe pubbie hat on all came in tonite. Of the 12 games tonite you could have picked the winner of all 12 sides by just playing the news and the obvious. Joe pubbie that rarely bets could have picked up his newspaper and turned on his computer for 15 min, and went 12-0 tonite on the sides. Seriously folks did you see anything that was out of the ordinary tonite ATS?? I wish somebody would have told me it was going to be this easy tonite... maybe i wouldn't have lost $$ Last Friday I lost $$ and that was the last time that I lost $$. I made money hand over fist from Friday last week until tonite.. Maybe that is the trend.. Last Friday nite was very similar to tonite.. No handicapping needed. No need to analyze anything. It's the kind of nite if you followed the NBA at all, but rarely bet it could have just jumped on what looked good tonite.. Hell, it all worked. Oh, well just ranting a little.. Back to business as usual tommorow i imagine..

Durrrr
    Durrrr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 139

Hmmmm, I disagree with nothing out of the ordinary, for one bulls wasn;t a public play. (I was +0.7u today)

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6501

tomorrow is the day to fade joe public

SportsTerminator
    SportsTerminator's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 810

The Bulls is the hottest team in the NBA...

S.K.M.
    S.K.M.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 101

So are you saying that all the public plays won? Im not sure what you mean by out of the ordinary but i can think of a few games that I don't think Joe Pub was on. Nets and Twolves come to mind right away......

lyon804

Quote Originally Posted by Durrrr View Post
    Hmmmm, I disagree with nothing out of the ordinary, for one bulls wasn;t a public play. (I was +0.7u today)

LOL!!!!The Bulls are the one of the hottest teams in Basketball and have now won 5 in a row S/U as dogs on the road. Were have you been?? Yes they were an obvious play and no i did not bet that game.

knightof7
    knightof7's Avatar Become A Pro!

nver thought Nets game should be that close either

Durrrr

Quote Originally Posted by SportsTerminator View Post
    The Bulls is the hottest team in the NBA...
    True, but one line that 71% of public was on, was Wash -3.5.

lyon804

True, but one line that 71% of public was on, was Wash -3.5.
    and that's just plain ignorance right their.. who in the world would bet washington in that spot. Yes the Nets suck, but they are coming of a convincing win against a team that is much better than Washington.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Quote Originally Posted by lyon804 View Post
    and that's just plain ignorance right their.. who in the world would bet washington in that spot. Yes the Nets suck, but they are coming of a convincing win against a team that is much better than Washington.
    i played nets tonight but wait i didnt post it

Durrrr

Isn't ingorance the definition of public betting?

lyon804

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    i played nets tonight but wait i didnt post it
    I knew it was the play, but I couldn't play it. With a shit team like the Nets they could have lost by 25pts tonite against washington tonite and I wouldn't have given it a seconds thought. There records S/U and ATS speaks for itself loud and clear and they have tanked in other similar spots this year when the sharp $ was on them.

S.K.M.

It was just plain ignorance to play on Washington? So now its ignorant to fade the Nets Washington won the game and missed covering by 1.5 points. Hindsight is always 20/20 bro....

lyon804

Isn't ingorance the definition of public betting?
    Let me retract some of the things I said.. maybe joe pubbie that just woke up into the world of gambling couldn't have went 12-0 tonite, but any intermediate gambler that knows the teams and knows who is better that doesn't see a indian behind every bush like I do could have practically swept the board today. I look at things from a much different perspective than the average person. Might be why I have been winning at this for a number of years.

S.K.M.

I knew it was the play, but I couldn't play it. With a shit team like the Nets they could have lost by 25pts tonite against washington tonite and I wouldn't have given it a seconds thought. There records S/U and ATS speaks for itself loud and clear and they have tanked in other similar spots this year when the sharp $ was on them.
    Wait so first you said it is ignorant to take Washington but now you're saying that the Nets have tanked in similar spots when the sharp money was on them? You're contradicting yourself and basically admitting that that game was a coin flip which it was imo.....

lyon804

Quote Originally Posted by S.K.M. View Post
    It was just plain ignorance to play on Washington? So now its ignorant to fade the Nets Washington won the game and missed covering by 1.5 points. Hindsight is always 20/20 bro....

Yes, it was the dumbest play of the nite to take washington. It's cool to fade a team when they have lost 14 games straight, but after they just had a convincing win there last game out against a much better team than Washington.. Yes it was ignorant and I actually expected the Nets was gonna win their second game in a row tonite.. hence I would have taken +3.5.

I mean we are talking about Washington here right?? Not exactly that much higher rung team than the Nets.

lyon804

Wait so first you said it is ignorant to take Washington but now you're saying that the Nets have tanked in similar spots when the sharp money was on them? You're contradicting yourself and basically admitting that that game was a coin flip which it was imo.....
    Bottomline, if you are serious about this you don't make a play because both are shit teams and are just as unpredictable as the wind blows. Also, I don't play games perceived in my mind to be coin flips unless I am getting +++odds.

S.K.M.

So if the Nets beat the Clippers and the Clippers beat the Lakers then that means the Nets are better than the Lakers right? If you base your plays on the better team winning every night you will lose a lot more than you win. Im sure you are aware of this already though Like I said already, it is easy to say how obvious or stupid certain plays were after they are over.

lyon804

So if the Nets beat the Clippers and the Clippers beat the Lakers then that means the Nets are better than the Lakers right? If you base your plays on the better team winning every night you will lose a lot more than you win. Im sure you are aware of this already though Like I said already, it is easy to say how obvious or stupid certain plays were after they are over.

NO,NO,NO,NO.. You got me for somebody else. I will not continue to argue with you tonite.. let's draw a nice picture for you and I will end it.. THE CHALK WAS 8-4 ATS TONITE.. Also, you wouldn't have to be highly skilled at this to have arrived at the dogs that actually covered tonite. Anyways, congrats on your profits tonite.

S.K.M.

The only reason Im arguing with you is because you are really trying to say that it would have been easy to go 12-0 by just making the obvious plays. If you are this good of a gambler then you should already own your own small island somewhere. Also your logic for betting on the Nets is because they beat the Clippers and the Clippers are better than the Wizards so that means the Nets will beat the Wizards. That kind of logic will lose you a lot of money in the NBA. Im not mad. Just a friendly disagreement. GL to you on your picks. Maybe you can go 6-0 tomorrow.

ijenpo
    ijenpo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3536

I must really stink. I've gotten totally raped this past week.

lyon804

The only reason Im arguing with you is because you are really trying to say that it would have been easy to go 12-0 by just making the obvious plays. If you are this good of a gambler then you should already own your own small island somewhere. Also your logic for betting on the Nets is because they beat the Clippers and the Clippers are better than the Wizards so that means the Nets will beat the Wizards. That kind of logic will lose you a lot of money in the NBA. Im not mad. Just a friendly disagreement. GL to you on your picks. Maybe you can go 6-0 tomorrow.

What I was essentially saying was everything that looked good worked tonite. No, I am not that good to own an island. I have been a success at NBA for a few years now and this year has been the best one yet. I do not make my money betting on what looks good. What looks good is a losing proposition.. probably that's the reason I am in elite company and actually make money doing this. I do not follow the crowd. If you have my level understanding of the sport you would have known that tonite was an easy nite..hence, probably why I lost tonite. I am always looking for the "Indian" behind the bush so to speak. Basically, I have waisted alot of my time arguing with you. Trust me, if every nite was like tonite the public would have put Vegas out of business by now. You won tonite and was offended by my comments. Congrats on making $. We will get back on track tommorow. That is... the average bettor will lose tommorow and I will win just like 6 outta every 7 days and just the opposite for joe pubbie. Yes, I am a little warped and have a warped way of thinking. Their is not a normal person that can win at this. You have to kinda think like a criminal to win at this. Consider tonite a gift.

Durrrr

Wow wtf lyon, first you say Joe public had an easy sweep today, then you say joe public couldn't, but you could/did Well done on a good night I guess, the last two days I was 9-1 myself, then 2-2 today. My point is what you created this thread to be about was bs, and half way through the thread, you admitted it, and basically changed it to, "I'm the man for picking everything right tonight".

Young Money $$$
    Young Money $$$'s Avatar Become A Pro!

In The famous words of Herm Edwards "You play to win"...

lyon804

Wow wtf lyon, first you say Joe public had an easy sweep today, then you say joe public couldn't, but you could/did Well done on a good night I guess, the last two days I was 9-1 myself, then 2-2 today. My point is what you created this thread to be about was bs, and half way through the thread, you admitted it, and basically changed it to, "I'm the man for picking everything right tonight".

Neverfukkingmind!!!!!!! Just forget it! There was no surprises tonite ok. Chalk was 8-4 ATS and the dogs that covered were not hard to arrive at. I was ignorant for saying anything. I admit it. Done. Thru. Over with. You people do not even know what I am talking about. I am sorry I waisted your time and more importantly my own. Nites like tonite do not occur often.

S.K.M.

So you're basically saying that anyone who won tonight is a square? Because if they were as good as you and in "elite company" then they would have lost? You are really full of yourself. You also have no clue as to my betting tendencies so do not attempt to classify me. If you are so special and warped and not normal then why don't you use your criminal thinking mind and treat us ignorant joe pubs to some of your elite picks by posting them? Before the game starts that is.

Durrrr

Just becuase you won all you're bets does not mean in anyway there were no suprises tonight. But w/e, enjoy your winnings.

lyon804

So you're basically saying that anyone who won tonight is a square? Because if they were as good as you and in "elite company" then they would have lost? You are really full of yourself. You also have no clue as to my betting tendencies so do not attempt to classify me. If you are so special and warped and not normal then why don't you use your criminal thinking mind and treat us ignorant joe pubs to some of your elite picks by posting them? Before the game starts that is.

OK.

Here's what looks good to me tommorow "at a glance" as far as games that are lined at the moment. Now keep in mind I have not bothered too look deep into any of this.

Orlando -5
    Memphis -5
    Portland +8
    Charlotte -1

All look good to me at a glance.. Let's see.. hmmmm. That's 4 games and three favorites I picked. Should be easy right??

These are the picks tommorow of anybody that has "basic" level understanding of betting the NBA. Should be 3-1 tommorow at worst right??

My point is.. It's not that easy most nites.

lyon804

OK.

Here's what looks good to me tommorow "at a glance" as far as games that are lined at the moment. Now keep in mind I have not bothered too look deep into any of this.

Orlando -5
    Memphis -5
    Portland +8
    Charlotte -1

All look good to me at a glance.. Let's see.. hmmmm. That's 4 games and three favorites I picked. Should be easy right??

These are the picks tommorow of anybody that has "basic" level understanding of betting the NBA. Should be 3-1 tommorow at worst right??

My point is.. It's not that easy most nites.

What's more likely with these picks tommorow is 2-2 at best or 1-3 wouldn't surprise me.

My whole thing is.. you can't just look at the board most nites and just pick what you like at a glance without digging into it and win consistently.

Me, personally I will have many hours invested into what I actually pick tommorow and will probably only have maybe 2 plays maybe 4 max.

S.K.M.

Should be easy right??
    No. I never think anything looks easy so I guess we are in agreement? For tommorrow at first glance I would take:

Atlanta +5
    Memphis -5
    Portland +8
    Sacramento +1

I do not think that any of them look easy though nor are any of them no-brainers.

redrum
    Update your status
    redrum's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

hit with the
    heat
    char
    lakers
    clev
    just missed bos/atl u by .5 that sucks

lyon804

No. I never think anything looks easy so I guess we are in agreement? For tommorrow at first glance I would take:

Atlanta +5
    Memphis -5
    Portland +8
    Sacramento +1

I do not think that any of them look easy though nor are any of them no-brainers.

OK, we are in agreement now! Your card has a more of a realistic chance. IMO, at least one of the road dogs +5 will cover tommorow. I don't know which one yet,maybe both.. Portland is a good bet. Dallas I don't think of the top of my head has won by more than 5pts at home since December. IMO Sacramento is genuinely the play or the game is skipped all together, Me personally I will most likely skip it because Charlotte while being a poor road team has been playing good ball at the moment and will most likely beat Sacramento in a close game. Sacramento has no clue how to close out a tight game.

lyon804

Quote Originally Posted by redrum View Post
    hit with the
    heat
    char
    lakers
    clev
    just missed bos/atl u by .5 that sucks

Thank you for your post sir!!!

SKM, that's my point right there.. Bet on 4 heavy public teams tonite and won all 4. ALL 4 of them on the road and two of them public darlings. That doesn't happen much. Doesn't work much. It was a public bonanza tonite to say the least. I had one of those. Miami -1.5.. I only bet it because I would be shcoked to see Detroit win. I could get 4 of my buddies and give Detroit a run right now. They can't even get out of their own way at the moment. They need to play the Nets, but might lose if they did. Not sure who would win that game.