BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

Durant has no balls

Signed with Warriors.

I'm glad I have always had a Westbrook avatar.

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

Ridiculous. Leaving OKC to join the 2 time MVP??

Not the best of fits either.

He goes to Boston, creates his own legacy, surrounded by young defensive oriented teammates, and gets off 30+ shots a game.

Feel so bad for OKC that he stayed in West and went to the defending champs.
    Don`t get it at all.

BigDofBA

I would have understood Boston.

KD could have won a title in OKC but it was his shitty play that cost the Thunder in game 6.

DOM-Ganador

Do you think he simply didn`t want to face Lebron in the East as he has owned his skinny ass?

I would have understood San Antonio as well, as they are doing the
    ''out with the old, in with the new"
    That would have been a good spot.

Shaking my head at what a wuss this dude turned out to be.

Where is Westbrook heading next year? Hmmmmm...

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

The Warriors and Durant each squandered away 3-1 series leads. So naturally....

BigDofBA

OKC was built to win a championship and had the talent.

The only problem was that Durant couldn't seize the moment or close.

OKC was up 8 on the Warriors in game 6 as time was running down with a chance to close it out and Durant disappeared like he always does. This is exactly why I've had a Westbrook avatar the last five years.

So what does Durant do in the off-season? Work out? Get stronger? Work harder? penetrate no....he just joins the team he couldn't close out in hopes that he can finally beat Lebron and he won't have to feel the pressure.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13377

What are you gonna do when WB moves too? No way he stays in OKC

Pikachu
    Pikachu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4851

I have no problem if he joins any other team, but joining warriors is really really weak. For once, I agreed with Smith.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by Git Lo View Post
    What are you gonna do when WB moves too? No way he stays in OKC
    Westbrook is probably gone but I won't hate on him as much I'm going to hate on this.

If KD had just played 1 more year in OKC and left when Westbrook's contract was up if they didn't win, I could have understood.

Hell, if KD had gone to Boston I would have understood.

To totally disappear in crunch time when your team is up 3-1 and has all the talent to win a title.....and then to join the team you choked to in the off-season.....that is just weak.

firekillex
    firekillex's Avatar Become A Pro!

If okc was my team I'd be livid right now, has to be the biggest snake move in sports history if you know all the info, people will compare this to lebron leaving but it's honestly nothing alike... Durant had all the pieces multiple times and he messed up himself nobody else to blame, then when they picked up oladipo I thought he'd for sure stay that's a team who could be a title contender again and if shows up they could've won a ring next year but he bolts and wants to get the easy ring ..

i legitmately don't understand how the league vetoed the Chris Paul to lakers trade years back but curry klay durant and draymond ALL NBA PLAYERS which means you're top 3-6 at your position in the league are allowed on one team

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    If okc was my team I'd be livid right now, has to be the biggest snake move in sports history if you know all the info, people will compare this to lebron leaving but it's honestly nothing alike... Durant had all the pieces multiple times and he messed up himself nobody else to blame, then when they picked up oladipo I thought he'd for sure stay that's a team who could be a title contender again and if shows up they could've won a ring next year but he bolts and wants to get the easy ring ..

i legitmately don't understand how the league vetoed the Chris Paul to lakers trade years back but curry klay durant and draymond ALL NBA PLAYERS which means you're top 3-6 at your position in the league are allowed on one team
    Agreed 100%.

This is totally worse than Lebron. OKC has had James Harden, Russell Westbrook, Ibaka, Steven Adams, etc.

OKC has had the talent!!!!! Durant just couldn't lead them to the title. THEY WERE UP 3-1 AND DURANT DISAPPEARED!!!! He could have came back next year hungrier than ever, motivated etc, but he took the easy way out.

I've heard some people say he might come back to OKC since it's a two year deal with an option. He isn't coming back. The run is over.

firekillex

Gotta feel for Westbrook this really kills his chances at a ring unless he joins Spurs or something , great player to he deserved one . Durant went down big time in my books

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16154

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    Signed with Warriors.

I'm glad I have always had a Westbrook avatar.
    Are you being ironic? He probably left because he knew Westbrook would leave. Everyone knew going into FA that Westbrook was the one most likely to bolt (next summer, LA). If Durant signed a 1 year deal with the Thunder as most expected the Warriors offer would be gone. No doubt it tarnishes his legacy though, I don't care how many rings he wins he'll go down a traitor.

BigDofBA

He could have signed a on year deal and went for it though. He would have made more money that way.

People always hate on Westbrook but in reality KD was the snake.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20358

Will OKC even support this franchise once Westbrook leaves? I feel like OKC Thunder will be no more in about 5 years.

I understand why KD would leave (duh he wants to win), it's just too bad he couldn't do it on his own terms with OKC or a team like Boston.

The real question is, where does Westbrook go next year? Got to think he chases rings. Spurs will need a PG to replace Parker.

IBetYou

Of course they will. The Utah crowd kept coming to Jazz games through the bad years. OKC have a great crowd too.

Westbrook will wind up in Miami I think. I don't think he has any sense of loyalty to the Thunder.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    Will OKC even support this franchise once Westbrook leaves? I feel like OKC Thunder will be no more in about 5 years.

I understand why KD would leave (duh he wants to win), it's just too bad he couldn't do it on his own terms with OKC or a team like Boston.

The real question is, where does Westbrook go next year? Got to think he chases rings. Spurs will need a PG to replace Parker.
    Fan support will always be here.

When the Hornets were here they sold out every game.

The Thunder's first year in OKC they still sold out every game even though they started off 3-22.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

You guys need to quit all the hating. When Bron left people said it wasnt that he left its how he did it on national tv, I knew that was a lie all along and KD leaving proves it. I dont like stars joining up with 2 others either but nothing we can do about it. Its only one ball GS will have to fill other spots too, they wont be unbeatable.

IBetYou

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    You guys need to quit all the hating. When Bron left people said it wasnt that he left its how he did it on national tv, I knew that was a lie all along and KD leaving proves it. I dont like stars joining up with 2 others either but nothing we can do about it. Its only one ball GS will have to fill other spots too, they wont be unbeatable.
    People want parity. That's the issue here. That was supposedly what the latest CBA was supposed to deliver. Now you basically have a 73 win team replacing H.Barnes with Durant ...it's disappointing for pretty much everyone outside of Oakland (owners/ GMs/ fans/ bettors).
    Last edited by IBetYou; 07-04-16 at 03:12 PM.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO

Damn OKC already trying to salvage to the situation by offering an extension, this probably won't end well

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

This isn't even in the same stratosphere as the Celtics in 2008 or LeBron in 2010. LeBron joined a team that had just lost in the first round, hadn't really been relevant as far as winning a championship in 4 years. None of Pierce, Allen, or KG had a ring or even a finals appearance to their name.

Durant just flat out joined a core that just went 73-9, just beat him in the playoffs, 2015 champs, 2016 Western Conference champs, including the 2-time reigning MVP. Fukking ridiculous.

I'm disgusted. It's so horrible for the competitiveness of this league.

sk0002
    sk0002's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7156

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    This isn't even in the same stratosphere as the Celtics in 2008 or LeBron in 2010. LeBron joined a team that had just lost in the first round, hadn't really been relevant as far as winning a championship in 4 years. None of Pierce, Allen, or KG had a ring or even a finals appearance to their name.

Durant just flat out joined a core that just went 73-9, just beat him in the playoffs, 2015 champs, 2016 Western Conference champs, including the 2-time reigning MVP. Fukking ridiculous.

Fix the east then we can talk about competitiveness. Nobody shit ont he cavs or lebron for having cake walk to the finals every year, so why should the Warriors.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post

Exactly Seto.

OKC had all the pieces to win it all. Durant could have been the man and left a great legacy. Instead, he walks away on the 4th of July to a team that he should have been able to close out up 3-1.

It's pretty disgusting.

If he knew he was going the Warriors, it would have been nice to let OKC know before they started trading Ibaka and making moves. Now there are no high profile free agents left.

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20358

Fan support will always be here.

When the Hornets were here they sold out every game.

The Thunder's first year in OKC they still sold out every game even though they started off 3-22.
    Easy for fans to show up when you get a brand new team. But what happens when you've had the team for almost a decade and the team sucks? Yeah they supported the Hornets, but once again fans showed up because they new there would only be so many games.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    Easy for fans to show up when you get a brand new team. But what happens when you've had the team for almost a decade and the team sucks? Yeah they supported the Hornets, but once again fans showed up because they new there would only be so many games.
    You're probably right but they won't be in the bottom third in attendance. At worst they'll be middle of the road.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by IBetYou View Post
    People want parity. That's the issue here. That was supposedly what the latest CBA was supposed to deliver. Now you basically have a 73 win team replacing H.Barnes with Durant ...it's disappointing for pretty much everyone outside of Oakland (owners/ GMs/ fans/ bettors).
    I agree, I dont like it myself, State back to back Finals appearances so obviously they didnt need him.

BigDofBA

Why don't we just get Lebron to join the Warriors too. Then the Warriors can sign Westbrook and Harden so they can come off the bench.

It will be so exciting....knowing who the champion is before the season starts every year.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Ratzz

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO

Why don't we just get Lebron to join the Warriors too. Then the Warriors can sign Westbrook and Harden so they can come off the bench.

It will be so exciting....knowing who the champion is before the season starts every year.
    I'm all for locks/guaranteed money

Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

lol

well said

Harlem Golbetrotters

BigDofBA

Durant changed. He just became too big for the City.

When Durant was playing flag football with college kids here or helping Tornado victims pick up the pieces after their homes were destroyed and their friends and family were killed, it was really uplifting to the state but he was just a 22-25 year old kid then. He wasn't yet the international celebrity that's now signed with Roc Nation with a crew of people in his ear telling him what's best for him.

People loved him here. When he said this was home and he wanted to win a championship for the people, they believed him. Hell, he has restaurants, he is in the Oklahoma Hall of Fame etc.

Winning a title here would have met more to the people here than just about anywhere because quite frankly, there isn't much else here. This isn't New York or San Franciso...

I truly believe Durant had people in his ear and his celebrity status finally was too much for the City he plays in.

I can understand leaving but going to the Warriors was probably the worst way to leave. I was thinking Boston seemed more logical because it would still be his team, it's a great city, and they have great tradition.

This seems like selling out. It's his right though and it's not like my opinion is significant. I just thought the entire state's love for him might do it. Obviously not. Lol

At the end of the day it's just entertainment.
    Last edited by BigDofBA; 07-04-16 at 10:47 PM.

Git Lo
    Git Lo's Avatar SBR PRO

Well not only does he have to play the Warriors but a Lebron team as well. Warriors were definitely in that ear, especially after the no show by Barnes, it is what it is...

olamide
    olamide's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2571

You need to calm down @BigDofBa. I don't see how this is Durant's fault. I think the NBA front office should find a way to prevent this shit for the competitiveness of the league. If its allowed, I don't see anything wrong in the player deciding he's too weak to win it without Curry.
    Lebron realized it and did same thing by going to Wade & Bosh. I blame the NBA not the players!

And all you saying they can't win, common you can do better than this. Warriors & Durant knows the whole world wants them to fail and will be motivated more. I don't support the idea but all this hate, guy didn't have a show just to announce "THE DECISION".
    He was with Westbrook for years and still couldn't win. Why will it happen next year if he stays?
    Why didn't Lebron stay with Miami after losing the last final? It was easy to win with Irving & recruit another star player than staying in Miami. Everyone is taking a calculated move motivated by either Money or RING opportunity.

firekillex

Quote Originally Posted by olamide View Post
    You need to calm down @BigDofBa. I don't see how this is Durant's fault. I think the NBA front office should find a way to prevent this shit for the competitiveness of the league. If its allowed, I don't see anything wrong in the player deciding he's too weak to win it without Curry.
    Lebron realized it and did same thing by going to Wade & Bosh. I blame the NBA not the players!

And all you saying they can't win, common you can do better than this. Warriors & Durant knows the whole world wants them to fail and will be motivated more. I don't support the idea but all this hate, guy didn't have a show just to announce "THE DECISION".
    He was with Westbrook for years and still couldn't win. Why will it happen next year if he stays?
    Why didn't Lebron stay with Miami after losing the last final? It was easy to win with Irving & recruit another star player than staying in Miami. Everyone is taking a calculated move motivated by either Money or RING opportunity.
    Terrible comparison, how is lebron leaving a team in the cavaliers with almost not 1 person in the league still other then like mo Williams for a team of friends that are all stars but they weren't a championship team that was already built and a possible dynasty before him.... Durant chokes on a stacked team with another top 5 player and then leaves for the team that literally just beat him lollll, lebron left Miami because wade was getting old and he knew him and bosh wouldn't be enough now boshs health issues he made the right call to go back home was the main reason he knew the championship blueprint and wanted Cleveland to get a ring which he accomplished, imagine lebron went to the Spurs the year after losing the finals people would hate him for life, he went to his hometown to complete a difficult task which is why he's praised, that would be equivalent to KD going to Washington or even the Celtics and winning a ship then he'd be respected don't leave to a record setting team that has the 2x mvp and 2 straight finals appearances especially when you complained about super teams in the past , weakest move I ever seen I was a KD fan to but that's some pussy stuff completely just ruined his Image and legacy while screwing the NBA and Oklahoma in the process

olamide
    olamide's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2571

Quote Originally Posted by firekillex View Post
    Terrible comparison, how is lebron leaving a team in the cavaliers with almost not 1 person in the league still other then like mo Williams for a team of friends that are all stars but they weren't a championship team that was already built and a possible dynasty before him.... Durant chokes on a stacked team with another top 5 player and then leaves for the team that literally just beat him lollll, lebron left Miami because wade was getting old and he knew him and bosh wouldn't be enough now boshs health issues he made the right call to go back home was the main reason he knew the championship blueprint and wanted Cleveland to get a ring which he accomplished, imagine lebron went to the Spurs the year after losing the finals people would hate him for life, he went to his hometown to complete a difficult task which is why he's praised, that would be equivalent to KD going to Washington or even the Celtics and winning a ship then he'd be respected don't leave to a record setting team that has the 2x mvp and 2 straight finals appearances especially when you complained about super teams in the past , weakest move I ever seen I was a KD fan to but that's some pussy stuff completely just ruined his Image and legacy while screwing the NBA and Oklahoma in the process
    Lebron got his ring before going back. Why don't you let him get his first? So you think Durant will get a ring in either Celtic or Washington? After the 2 years, fine he can go to celtic or your washington but now he needs a sure way of getting the rings.

DOM-Ganador

The regular season has been virtually unwatchable, with the the exception of a few games here and there.
    I grew up an NBA junkie. The game itself was so much better to watch in the Bird/Magic/MJ era.

I liked watching a talented post player make a defender look ridiculous..Kareem, McHale, Hakeem.
    I liked pass first point guards.
    I liked teams hating each other and individual players working their ass off in the off season to get better and
    BEAT the team that knocked them out of the playoffs.

I can`t understand where the money will come from to pay the new cap.
    I realize most of it comes from the TV deal. But with the new free streaming services (no ads)
    and not even close to sell outs across the league, I see some major trouble ahead.
    Who is going to care or tune in to see a game/series when the outcome is pre-determined?

This ain`t the NFL. The bubble will burst soon enough.

12 Last