Notorious_Donk
    Notorious_Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5262

Thon Maker

What's your opinion on this guy? A freak talent with insane length at such a young age... kinda reminds me of that one guy named Giannis

Bill Dozer
    @BillDozer110
    Bill Dozer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21705

Interesting pick. They got him at 10 but he could have been there at 36 with their second pick. I thought Sabonis was a better choice for them and he was taken a pick later. Jason Kidd loves big guys who can handle the ball and jump shoot. But I dont think this guy is a rebounder. Hes no Garnett. Bucks were 4th worst on the boards last season.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Most guys turn into busts

Everyone looks good vs kids in highlights

Notorious_Donk
    Notorious_Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5262

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dozer View Post
    Interesting pick. They got him at 10 but he could have been there at 36 with their second pick. I thought Sabonis was a better choice for them and he was taken a pick later. Jason Kidd loves big guys who can handle the ball and jump shoot. But I dont think this guy is a rebounder. Hes no Garnett. Bucks were 4th worst on the boards last season.
    That's the reason they brought in Greg Monroe but he had his worst rebounding numbers since his rookie season. A bounce back year with Maker on the team could easily push them into the playoffs

IBetYou
    IBetYou's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16166

I think his personality went a long way with them -he's like fellow countryman (Sudan) Luol Deng in that regard, v.mature & human unlike some of the riff-raff you get in the draft.

As for his game, I think he'll develop into something useful. Basketball's not such a complicated sport if you're willing to work, not get caught up in the high life.