bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Game 4: NBA Finals Cavs/Spurs

I'm rolling with the Spurs once again in game 4, and the sweep.

San Antonio Spurs -3
    Cleveland Cavaliers

Total 176½

GatorFan
    GatorFan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think It is not a good idea to roll with the Spurs in game4. the Spurs have done their job on road which means they will intendedly lose game4 & game5, then celebrate the champion at home court with their crowd in game6. I know that the Spurs is way better that the Cavs in both offense and defense BUT I have to roll with the Cavs in game4 with this logical analogy.

Tchocky
    Tchocky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1086

1. Spurs -3
    2. Under 176.5

babaoriley
    babaoriley's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by GatorFan View Post
    I think It is not a good idea to roll with the Spurs in game4. the Spurs have done their job on road which means they will intendedly lose game4 & game5, then celebrate the champion at home court with their crowd in game6. I know that the Spurs is way better that the Cavs in both offense and defense BUT I have to roll with the Cavs in game4 with this logical analogy.
    No offense, but nothing you said is logical. Why would the Spurs blow two games to get back to SA? What if they got back to SA, then lose game 6? All of a sudden, they're in an elimination game with Lebron poised to work miracles. Believe me, this series is NOT coming back to SA. I'd bet my liver and a kidney on this. If the Spurs lose game 4, then game 5 will be an absolute blowout. That said, I'm pounding the under and pounding the Spurs. It's over. Cavs fans, it's over.

dodif
    dodif's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by babaoriley View Post
    No offense, but nothing you said is logical. Why would the Spurs blow two games to get back to SA? What if they got back to SA, then lose game 6? All of a sudden, they're in an elimination game with Lebron poised to work miracles. Believe me, this series is NOT coming back to SA. I'd bet my liver and a kidney on this. If the Spurs lose game 4, then game 5 will be an absolute blowout. That said, I'm pounding the under and pounding the Spurs. It's over. Cavs fans, it's over.

GatorFan

Yes, ya rite. It's probably not Logical to you BUT to make sense to me. Man has to live on his belief although it maybe wrong sometime. Wait and see the result, Babe!

GatorFan

In my opinion, the Spurs will NOT win game4 because of following reasons:

1. NBA won't let it happen

2. Don't make any profit of ticket selling if this series ended

3. The Spurs has the "Remote Control" in their hands. Win or
    lose just depend on what they want.

4. The Spurs will have more bussiness deals with Las Vegas
    Which makes more money in their pockets if they loose
    game4 and game5

5. James Lebron has been marketed up as a super star.
    Nike won't let him down so soon

6. Playing against the under-level team, why Spurs has to be rush to win in game4 instead of game6 at Home with the crowd.

Just from these reasons ===> Spurs will win gam6 at home BABE!!!

dodif

In my opinion, the Spurs will NOT win game4 because of following reasons:

1. NBA won't let it happen

2. Don't make any profit of ticket selling if this series ended

3. The Spurs has the "Remote Control" in their hands. Win or
    lose just depend on what they want.

4. The Spurs will have more bussiness deals with Las Vegas
    Which makes more money in their pockets if they loose
    game4 and game5

5. James Lebron has been marketed up as a super star.
    Nike won't let him down so soon

6. Playing against the under-level team, why Spurs has to be rush to win in game4 instead of game6 at Home with the crowd.

Just from these reasons ===> Spurs will win gam6 at home BABE!!!
    Dude I am gonna give u some life changing advice. Ur not to bright. In fact I'm guessing ur around a 92 in IQ. All the shit u just said is straight ridiculous and makes me not want to drive knowing there r peeps this dumb on the road. The Vegas business deals was a classic bud. Get a job with walgreens and work ur way up. If u dont have a record become a cop. There pretty stupid too. And if ur too dumb they put u in corrections where the inmates may listen to some of ur babble. Take care and best of luck my man.

babaoriley

let me put it this way. I have two tickets to game 6, section 8 (halfcourt) row 13, seats 3 & 4. I'll sell them to you for $50 each. I get reimbursed for unused playoff tickets, so I make a nice $100 profit.

EDIT: Congrats on your Gator NCAA seasons. Pretty remarkable.

GatorFan

Dodif,

Come on Guys, we all doing bussiness here. Trying to win the bet. No Hard Feeling Okay!

Once again, It is just only my opinion. You maybe have your own theory. You could not disagree with my theory, but you Should not call me Dumb or using trashing words in here since that disrespectful and impolite to me as well as the readers. Please watch your language. Thanks a lot.

SportNut
    SportNut's Avatar Become A Pro!

I've been betting on basketball and football for over 10 years, no offense guys, but i agree with Gatorfan. At the end it always comes down to money money money.

babaoriley

Quote Originally Posted by SportNut View Post
    I've been betting on basketball and football for over 10 years, no offense guys, but i agree with Gatorfan. At the end it always comes down to money money money.
    And by that definition, there is NO reason whatsoever that two small market teams are playing in the NBA finals. So how did it happen? After a season in which teams obviously tanked down the stretch, the draft went off and didn't reward the big market teams, and cleveland and San Antonio made it to the finals, I'm pretty sure that there won't be enough tinkering to help this series get to game 6. The damage would be irreparable to the league. In my opinion, this league has already thrown in the towel on 2006-07 and is anxiously awaiting the Oden/Durant influx. Some new rules will be implemented to discourage tanking, the Lakers will become a force again, and the playoffs will be more entertaining.

SportNut
    SportNut's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm sure this series will drag on a bit. You're right about the irreparable game 6.
    Last edited by SportNut; 06-13-07 at 04:41 PM.

dodif

Dodif,

Come on Guys, we all doing bussiness here. Trying to win the bet. No Hard Feeling Okay!

Once again, It is just only my opinion. You maybe have your own theory. You could not disagree with my theory, but you Should not call me Dumb or using trashing words in here since that disrespectful and impolite to me as well as the readers. Please watch your language. Thanks a lot.
    sorry, i just like to talk trash

cavs could win this game. but i am not betting on em.

GatorFan

..and "I blame someone in here", who "Insult my intelligence", and " I will make an offer, you can't refuse"...Buona fortuna

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I don't think Gator Fan is right on this, but it's not that unreasonable. If game 5 was in San Antonio, I'm not saying the Spurs would intentionally lose game 4, but they might not be diving for loose balls in the first quarter, etc. They won't tank two games in a row though.

I do think this game is vital to the Cavs' future. I can't recall a team ever getting swept in the NBA Finals and then winning the championship with the same key personnel. The last sweep was the Magic in 1995, and Shaq and Penny were out of town within a few years. The Cavs need a win to assure themselves they can win it all if they are in the same position next year.

LargeMouthBass
    LargeMouthBass's Avatar Become A Pro!

I got the Spurs -3 and over 176 so far... I'm gonna wait till the spread goes to -4 and 177 and middle it. I'm either gonna win or lose juice. This has been a weird NBA finals and I'm not gonna waste time trying to pick winners. Good luck to all tonight.

GatorFan

I don't know why people keep betting money on Spurs in game4. Come up guys!!! It's not easy like that. This series ain't over yet. The Spurs gonna win in game6 at home. I go for the money line for the Cavs since I do believe the Spurs will intendedly lose this game tonite.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'll either be playing a prop or waiting until half time to make a 2nd half bet. That helped me tremendously in Game 3 to cash the under.

I would say the Spurs are the way to go. I think the Cavs have to be mentally and physically drained at this point with the way the series has gone.

Mistaflava
    Mistaflava's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree with Razz:

"If game 5 was in San Antonio, I'm not saying the Spurs would intentionally lose game 4,......"

But

they will not intendedly lose game5 too to celebrate the champion at home...
    Last edited by Mistaflava; 06-14-07 at 11:44 AM.

GatorFan

Guys, did you guys pay attention at the interview with Tim Duncan after game3...He mentioned about playing game5 and 6. What a tip!

babaoriley

Guys, did you guys pay attention at the interview with Tim Duncan after game3...He mentioned about playing game5 and 6. What a tip!
    If the Spurs are going to intentionally lose tonight, then Duncan, Parker and Manu won;t even play. Why risk getting a star player hurt? Why risk losing a game and giving a young team a glimmer of hope? Why extend the series, at all? There is absolutely NO logic in the Spurs losing purposely. None. That's as logical as saying the Red Sox will try to lose 20 straight so they can come from behind to take the AL East. It's just completely and totally illogical. The Spurs have won 3 championships. They're poised. They want to leave an imprint as one of the better teams of this era. They want a sweep. They will win tonight. This isn't some rinky-dink team that has never been there before. They know what it takes to close out a series and they will close it out tonight. If they happen to lose, I think you'll find that it had nothing to do with intentionally trying to lose, and everything to do with Cleveland finally shooting well, Lebron pouring in 35+, and cleveland getting the benefit of the officiating.

GatorFan

If the Spurs are going to intentionally lose tonight, then Duncan, Parker and Manu won;t even play. Why risk getting a star player hurt? Why risk losing a game and giving a young team a glimmer of hope? Why extend the series, at all? There is absolutely NO logic in the Spurs losing purposely. None. That's as logical as saying the Red Sox will try to lose 20 straight so they can come from behind to take the AL East. It's just completely and totally illogical. The Spurs have won 3 championships. They're poised. They want to leave an imprint as one of the better teams of this era. They want a sweep. They will win tonight. This isn't some rinky-dink team that has never been there before. They know what it takes to close out a series and they will close it out tonight. If they happen to lose, I think you'll find that it had nothing to do with intentionally trying to lose, and everything to do with Cleveland finally shooting well, Lebron pouring in 35+, and cleveland getting the benefit of the officiating.
    This is your theory, Baba.Great!!! Tonite will prove that who has better analogy. But It seems my theory has the edge.

babaoriley

Quote Originally Posted by LargeMouthBass View Post
    I got the Spurs -3 and over 176 so far... I'm gonna wait till the spread goes to -4 and 177 and middle it. I'm either gonna win or lose juice. This has been a weird NBA finals and I'm not gonna waste time trying to pick winners. Good luck to all tonight.
    So you're middling both the spread and the total with only a one point margin? In that case, you're essentially donating the juice, no? How could you win with that scenario? You either win one and lose one or win one and push one. If you're trying to middle, wait until the Cavs get up early, then pound the Spurs ML (it will be at about +120-140 depending on the size of the cavs lead and the point of the game) on the in-running lines (if your book permits in-running betting). With the Spurs down 5 last game, I hit the Spurs, straight up, for +125 in-running. Not a true middle, but a more effective bet than playing a one point margin, which is a lose, lose situation. The only way you could possibly win that bet is if SA wins by 4 so you win one, push one. Maybe I'm not following here. Are you buying points or teasing?

GatorFan

I've been waiting for this moment. I will go all in on money line with the Cavs. This is gonna to be the BET of my life. DO or DIE BABE!!! Thanks Spurs for intendedly losing tonite game. Yehhha!

GatorFan

No One in here trust my theory... and tonite will prove it so true. Whoever goes against me will be crying in regret of refuse to trust my theory. I wish that more and more people pouring money on the Spurs so that the spread on money line with be bigger for me. I can't wait no longer to prove that I am rite.!!!

tevari
    purveyor of fuzzy green balls
    tevari's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

Went with the Spurs ML in g3, rolling with them again tonight to complete the sweep.

GatorFan

One more person roll with Spurs. I have to nothing to say but sorry for your decision, Tevari. Spurs will lose intendedly tonite

babaoriley

One more person roll with Spurs. I have to nothing to say but sorry for your decision, Tevari. Spurs will lose intendedly tonite
    OK, I've bitten my tongue long enough on this one and tried to be nice. But here goes...

A) As a San Antonio season ticket holder (with tickets to game 6), I can honestly say that 95% of Spur fans want a sweep. There is none of that "win it at home" sentiment floating around, mainly because that would mean S.A. would have lost 2 in a row and be on the brink of a dreaded game 7, where anything could happen. Seriously, we've had our share of championships in the last 8 years or so, and we don't need to have the "magic moment" happen at home.

B) The word is "intentionally", not "intendedly". Though the latter is actually a word, it is not used in conversational English, unless in the swamp lands down in Gator-ville.

C) You posted: "This is your theory, Baba.Great!!! Tonite will prove that who has better analogy. But It seems my theory has the edge."
    First off, there are no analogies being used here. You have a theory (that the Spurs will intentionally lose the next two games, so they can go back to SA and close it out at home--I'll point out all the flaws of your theory in a second). I have an argument (that the Spurs will give it their all and will try to win, though there is a chance-as in every NBA game- that the other wins by playing better).

D) Your "theory" presupposes the following:
    -Spurs fans would rather the Spurs lose the next two games, then come home in game 6. In reality, the only people that want this series coming back to S.A. are Cav fans, ABC and NBA exces, and the few people who have tickets to game 6 but rarely go to Spur games (non season ticket holders). The other 99% of S.A. residents want a Spur sweep. We want this series to be over.

-The NBA will pull out all the stops to ensure that the series goes the distance.
    Well, considering the ratings have been abysmal since game 1, I think the NBA (and ABC0 would just as soon get this over quickly. I'm not saying there won't be shaky officiating, because it's quite likely that there will be Cav-biased officiating. After all, the game is in Cleveland, so the officiating should be slightly cav-biased.

-The Spurs are confident enough that they can let the cavs win two, gain momentum, and head home to a game 6 with a sure win. this is where my problems with your theory really arise. Why in god's name would an aging Spur team want to risk a series (and championship) by letting two games slip away intentionally. How does that benefit anyone? Think about this scenario: The Spurs lose the next two (intentionally) and then head back to S.A. and Duncan sprains his ankle. Bingo, the series is over and the Cavs win in 7. What if the Spurs just have an off night in game 6 and the Cavs squeak out a hard-fought win? Well, again, then you have a game 7 scenario where ANYTHING can happen. Lebron could go for 50, hit fadeaways from 30 feet while falling into the bench (remember game 5 against Detroit?) and the Spurs could come out flat. I'm not sure if I could even possibly convey the anger that every San Antonio fan would feel if this happens. If the Spurs blow this series, it would cripple the Spurs fans. I would be shell-shocked but more importantly, I would be absolutely furious. We would call for resignations from every front office employee. If we KNEW or even THOUGHT that the Spurs lost two NBA Finals games on purpose, for the sole reason that they could possibly win game 6 at home, we would turn against our own team in a heartbeat.

-The Spurs players/coaches would allow this to happen.
    Really, would Duncan, Parker, Finley, Pop, Brent Barry, Bob Horry, Jaque Vaughn ever let this happen? As bad as Manu played in Game 3, do you think he would risk seeing his stock drop even lower by laying another stinkbomb against cleveland? It's inconceivable that this nucleus of players and coaches would let this happen.

Bottom line, if cleveland wins tonight, it's because they outplayed the Spurs. No other scenario is plausible (though I agree that the shaky referee angle could be potentially devastating). That is all. We're not in a contest. I don;t have a theory. There are no analogies, similes, metaphors, or other literary devices in play here. I believe that S.A will outplay cleveland and win tonight. You believe the Spurs will lose two games intentionally and will undoubtedly claim this is true if Cleveland wins, regardless of how they win. You're giving yourself a lot of outs here. If S.A. tanks the game, I'll be the first person on here to congratulate you, while I'm simultaneously breaking windows in my house and drinking Scotch out of the bottle.
    Last edited by babaoriley; 06-14-07 at 03:40 PM.

GatorFan

OK, I've bitten my tongue long enough on this one and tried to be nice. But here goes...

A) As a San Antonio season ticket holder (with tickets to game 6), I can honestly say that 95% of Spur fans want a sweep. There is none of that "win it at home" sentiment floating around, mainly because that would mean S.A. would have lost 2 in a row and be on the brink of a dreaded game 7, where anything could happen. Seriously, we've had our share of championships in the last 8 years or so, and we don't need to have the "magic moment" happen at home.

B) The word is "intentionally", not "intendedly". Though the latter is actually a word, it is not used in conversational English, unless in the swamp lands down in Gator-ville.

C) You posted: "This is your theory, Baba.Great!!! Tonite will prove that who has better analogy. But It seems my theory has the edge."
    First off, there are no analogies being used here. You have a theory (that the Spurs will intentionally lose the next two games, so they can go back to SA and close it out at home--I'll point out all the flaws of your theory in a second). I have an argument (that the Spurs will give it their all and will try to win, though there is a chance-as in every NBA game- that the other wins by playing better).

D) Your "theory" presupposes the following:
    -Spurs fans would rather the Spurs lose the next two games, then come home in game 6. In reality, the only people that want this series coming back to S.A. are Cav fans, ABC and NBA exces, and the few people who have tickets to game 6 but rarely go to Spur games (non season ticket holders). The other 99% of S.A. residents want a Spur sweep. We want this series to be over.

-The NBA will pull out all the stops to ensure that the series goes the distance.
    Well, considering the ratings have been abysmal since game 1, I think the NBA (and ABC0 would just as soon get this over quickly. I'm not saying there won't be shaky officiating, because it's quite likely that there will be Cav-biased officiating. After all, the game is in Cleveland, so the officiating should be slightly cav-biased.

-The Spurs are confident enough that they can let the cavs win two, gain momentum, and head home to a game 6 with a sure win. this is where my problems with your theory really arise. Why in god's name would an aging Spur team want to risk a series (and championship) by letting two games slip away intentionally. How does that benefit anyone? Think about this scenario: The Spurs lose the next two (intentionally) and then head back to S.A. and Duncan sprains his ankle. Bingo, the series is over and the Cavs win in 7. What if the Spurs just have an off night in game 6 and the Cavs squeak out a hard-fought win? Well, again, then you have a game 7 scenario where ANYTHING can happen. Lebron could go for 50, hit fadeaways from 30 feet while falling into the bench (remember game 5 against Detroit?) and the Spurs could come out flat. I'm not sure if I could even possibly convey the anger that every San Antonio fan would feel if this happens. If the Spurs blow this series, it would cripple the Spurs fans. I would be shell-shocked but more importantly, I would be absolutely furious. We would call for resignations from every front office employee. If we KNEW or even THOUGHT that the Spurs lost two NBA Finals games on purpose, for the sole reason that they could possibly win game 6 at home, we would turn against our own team in a heartbeat.

-The Spurs players/coaches would allow this to happen.
    Really, would Duncan, Parker, Finley, Pop, Brent Barry, Bob Horry, Jaque Vaughn ever let this happen? As bad as Manu played in Game 3, do you think he would risk seeing his stock drop even lower by laying another stinkbomb against cleveland? It's inconceivable that this nucleus of players and coaches would let this happen.

Bottom line, if cleveland wins tonight, it's because they outplayed the Spurs. No other scenario is plausible (though I agree that the shaky referee angle could be potentially devastating). That is all. We're not in a contest. I don;t have a theory. There are no analogies, similes, metaphors, or other literary devices in play here. I believe that S.A will outplay cleveland and win tonight. You believe the Spurs will lose two games intentionally and will undoubtedly claim this is true if Cleveland wins, regardless of how they win. You're giving yourself a lit of outs here. If S.A. tanks the game, I'll be the first person on here to congratulate you, while I'm simultaneously breaking windows in my house and drinking Scotch out of the bottle.
    Mucho Gracias for your excellent reply. HOWEVER, I think You are going to drink Scotch tonite and call a carpenter to fix your windows tomorrow, BABA

OH By The Way, UT, the LONGHORNS will be no match with The GATORS in NCCAA 2007 in both and

Checkerboard
    Checkerboard's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14501

I bought Spurs Wednesday morning to -2.

I think it's gonna be a sweep.

Interesting stat in today's Toronto Star has eleven 3-0's in NBA championship series history of which 7 have gone on to be sweeps.

Good luck tonight everybody.

rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

2* Cavs under 86.5 -115
    1* Spurs -2.5

babaoriley

Well, I drank the scotch gatorfan, but in a celebratory mood... Too bad that crapy three at the end fell, though it only lost me a little bit, as it resulted in a push on a 4.5 unit prop wager I placed on total 3 point FG's made (12). Otherwise, what can i say? You get two teams that are that unevenly matched and you get a sweep.